PS3 (4.84 CFW) How do I screen record without a capture card?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by afrv, Aug 15, 2019.

1. 16
    afrv

afrv Forum Noob

Senior
    I've been trying to screen record for a while now, because I'm working on cracking all of the files of a game called "TOY HOME". I installed the webMAN mod along with the Rebug Toolbox. Once I finally found the option to turn on screen recording, it did nothing in my game, but when I pressed the PS button and then tried, it crashed my PS3 and my fan absolutely blew up when I turned it back on. The fan is back down to a point where it's hard to hear (normal) and my current CPU temps according to webMAN are 63/68 and 147/154 (degrees farenheit). What should I do to screen record?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. 1,368
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

I remember reading that it works for some games, but caused freezes on others. I tested it out a bit myself a while ago but I can't really remember what settings I used, but generally the higher quality video is going to be more taxing on memory and so success is less likely. You could try increasing the memory the wMM plugin is allowed, in webMAN MOD Setup (see attached). I used to have mine set to minimum (320KB) which I think is the default but now have it to standard.

Try experimenting with how much memory you allocate, save and reboot and try again. Trial and error and playing around with settings for me is one of the most enjoyable aspects of PS3 homebrew/CFW.
    You could also try with different video/audio recording settings as also highlighted in the screenshot I attached. Aside from that, maybe @aldostools can offer some advice or insight. :)

I would say though, using the video recording feature of wMM is not (at least at the moment) a viable replacement for a hardware solution in a capture card.

Attached Files:

aldostools likes this.