PS3 4.84 FERROX COBRA ( 7.55) CFW by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 2, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM
  1. 8,317
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

PS3 Custom Firmware developer @Alexander has now released his 4.84 FERROX COBRA (7.55) CFW adding a new flavor to the 4.84 Custom Firmware mix. This Cobra CFW comes equipped with the latest Cobra 7.55 payload (which should perform like 4.83 FERROX Cobra) and allows for all the usual Cobra (v7.55) CFW features. Some of those features include Plugin Support (like webMAN), as well as ISO Support (Ps1/PS2/PS3/PSP/BD/DVD) are just a few abilities that Cobra adds to a firmware. Also developer Alexander includes an optional MOD Installer for some extra features and eye candy (see tab for more info). For full feature set and details checkout the included (translated) release notes provided​

if you have any feedback you can find @Alexander at his home site of Cybermodding.it and also here in our psx-place forums.

ferrox2017_2.png
    Checkout other 4.84 related releases in this thread here.

• Features of 4.84 FERROX COBRA (v7.55)
      • Built on the base of OFW 4.84 SONY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
      • Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 "And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]"
      • Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
      • FEATURE - New Look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer (next tab)).
      • FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
      • FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
      • FEATURE - Keys 4.84 to start Games signed with keys 4.84
      • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
      • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
      • PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely.

• FERROX Mods Installer
      UNSR.png

If you like our Homebrew Store, or the Graphic Mods seen in the FERROX 4.80, this Installer is for you.

This Installer was created on the basis of the XMBM + Team installer and inside it you will find the possibility to install or uninstall the Mods and the Homebrew Store. The installer was introduced into the Custom Firmware. This means that you will always have it available, without having to use a USB stick
      .​

To install the PKG, simply go to the "Package Manager", and navigate to Install the File Package - Internal Storage of the PS3 system. The installer will always be there, but if you want you can delete it via File Manager from the dev_blind / ferrox / pkg directory.

Below are some screens:
      HVGU.png I8YX.png I8ZU.png

Use is really simple, there is not much to explain. You can install the Mods, and you can always reinstall the original files from the installer at any time. Ditto for the Store.

Below I leave a video demonstration

Mod Graphics by MiZiO90
      FrxMods1.png
      BVYI.png 04HM.png

CyberModding Homebrew Store
      In addition to the Graphic Mods you see, the installer integrated into the CFW gives us the possibility to install the Cybermodding homebrew Store. I think now all of you Cybermodding users know our store. We have recently added and updated lots of mods for GTAV.

If you want to take a look at our post on the latest version of the Store, here is the Link: Click HERE!

Downloads: 4.84 FERROX COBRA (7.55) v1.00 CFW
    MD5: BEEFC45ADD365E6DA5C12976AA802F19

Source: cybermodding.it

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    jolek, SiegHart93, sandungas and 14 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Luisile
      Luisile
      Nice! downloading it.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    2. Xx11xx22xX
      Xx11xx22xX
      This looks promising! I am looking forward to trying this out on a freshly Xploited console!
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2019
      DeViL303 likes this.
    3. Giaggio96
      Giaggio96
      Already installed on my PS3 and now I got webMAN back again! You're a God @Alexander a thousand times thanks. Rebug toolbox still not compatible but I don't care, it's FERROX 4.84 man!
      I would love to try this FERROX Mod installer... That's a lot of stuff

Attached Files:

DBmain and Alexander like this.
    4. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      REBUG Toolbox is only fully compatible with REBUG CFW, hence "REBUG TOOLBOX", for other CFW's only some of the features will work.
    5. SiegHart93
      SiegHart93
      The best CFW ! installing right now :D
    6. Lambada
      Lambada
      Is ManaGunZ working?
    7. CrEdge
      CrEdge
      @Cypher_CG89 I'd like to go back to FERROX for 4.84, but I've already edited my category_game.xml to get webMAN MOD working on Overflow 4.84 and lost the original... When I make the switch, it'd be preferable if webMAN MOD just works or is readily fixable.

If you or any FERROX 4.83/4.84 user can share a working category_game.xml, that woulld be much appreciated! I believe mine was identical to @evilmitaka's original post IIRC. I only had/have webMAN MOD and multiMAN installed, if that helps. Please assist when you can, and thank you.
      answer_me_plz likes this.
    8. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      @CrEdge if after installing Ferrox and making sure webMAN is installed after, if it does not appear on the xmb I will upload another xml with the changes but when you install CFW it also install's new XML's as well as they are contained in the pup file.

Each CFW has differently edited xml's depending on what each dev has added to there CFW. Give me a shout if webman does not appear and I'll sort it out.
      CrEdge likes this.
    9. Dante45
      Dante45
      I updated from Overflow 4.84 Cobra to Ferrox 4.84 Cobra and webman is still there in my PS3s xmb without any issue.
      CrEdge likes this.
    10. CrEdge
      CrEdge
      Thanks @Dante45 and again @Cypher_CG89 ! Indeed it works fine just installing FERROX over Overflow without making any changes.
    11. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      Sometimes these things happen for no apparent reason, though there will be one lol. just because most poeple don't have issues doesn't mean other's won't. Hopefully neither will the other person but It can happen and not everyone likes to edit the xmls as if you do it wrong things will go missing form the xmb as these main one's control where everything is displayed on the xmb and the file paths to there functions.

Was just say that if anything does go wrong I'll help sort it out .
    12. Maggot_Liutenant
      Maggot_Liutenant
      Thank you, will try it ASAP
    13. Kragle
      Kragle
      Everytime I try to install this custom firmware or any CFW - I have OFW but used to have 4.83 CFW FERROX then sony decided to be over protective of its old consoles... Forced install of 4.84 I am unable to install it. It fails every time at 70% and says data is corrupted. What can I do? I have PS3 original FAT Piano PS3. Anything I need to do again in the browser or extra files to enable the CFW to install? I have no BD Drive and this was my only way of playing games. Thanks $0nY
    14. Luisile
      Luisile
      The 4.84 was not forced. And now you must jailbreak you consoles again.
    15. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Unfortunately if you updated to 4.84 OFW there is no way to go back to CFW without a hardware flasher like teensy.
    16. Kragle
      Kragle
      I managed to update my 4.83 OFW to CFW when it did the same thing last time :( can I flash it using the web browser again on 4.84?
    17. Alexander
      Alexander
      If you've upgraded to OFW, you need a Hardware Flasher to go back.
      But I did not understand. Were you able to upgrade from OFW 483 to CFW 483? : /
    18. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      You could not have used the webkit exploit on 4.83, as it does not work on 4.83+ yet. And if you have managed to install 4.84 OFW over the CFW then no you defo cannot use the webkit exploit 4.84. You would need to use a hardware flasher with the new 4.84 NoFSM patch that just been released today.

If you are on 4.83 CFW and want to upgrade then you just need to install the 4.84 CFW pup that you want like any other FW install, there is no need to keep flashing the PS3 when updating.

Can you be a bit more clearer on your situation as your post is vague to the point of confusion.
      Xx11xx22xX likes this.
    19. Kragle
      Kragle
      I'm pretty sure I was able to go from REBUG 4.82 then Sony asked for update, I just did it because couldn't get onto YouTube. I then found FERROX 4.83 installer and then installed it. It worked if I remember...