PS3 4.84 FERROX COBRA ( 7.55) CFW by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 2, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM
  1. 8,368
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

PS3 Custom Firmware developer @Alexander has now released his 4.84 FERROX COBRA (7.55) CFW adding a new flavor to the 4.84 Custom Firmware mix. This Cobra CFW comes equipped with the latest Cobra 7.55 payload (which should perform like 4.83 FERROX Cobra) and allows for all the usual Cobra (v7.55) CFW features. Some of those features include Plugin Support (like webMAN), as well as ISO Support (Ps1/PS2/PS3/PSP/BD/DVD) are just a few abilities that Cobra adds to a firmware. Also developer Alexander includes an optional MOD Installer for some extra features and eye candy (see tab for more info). For full feature set and details checkout the included (translated) release notes provided​

if you have any feedback you can find @Alexander at his home site of Cybermodding.it and also here in our psx-place forums.

ferrox2017_2.png
    Checkout other 4.84 related releases in this thread here.

• Features of 4.84 FERROX COBRA (v7.55)
      • Built on the base of OFW 4.84 SONY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
      • Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 "And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]"
      • Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
      • FEATURE - New Look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer (next tab)).
      • FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
      • FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
      • FEATURE - Keys 4.84 to start Games signed with keys 4.84
      • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
      • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
      • PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely.

• FERROX Mods Installer
      UNSR.png

If you like our Homebrew Store, or the Graphic Mods seen in the FERROX 4.80, this Installer is for you.

This Installer was created on the basis of the XMBM + Team installer and inside it you will find the possibility to install or uninstall the Mods and the Homebrew Store. The installer was introduced into the Custom Firmware. This means that you will always have it available, without having to use a USB stick
      .​

To install the PKG, simply go to the "Package Manager", and navigate to Install the File Package - Internal Storage of the PS3 system. The installer will always be there, but if you want you can delete it via File Manager from the dev_blind / ferrox / pkg directory.

Below are some screens:
      HVGU.png I8YX.png I8ZU.png

Use is really simple, there is not much to explain. You can install the Mods, and you can always reinstall the original files from the installer at any time. Ditto for the Store.

Below I leave a video demonstration

Mod Graphics by MiZiO90
      FrxMods1.png
      BVYI.png 04HM.png

CyberModding Homebrew Store
      In addition to the Graphic Mods you see, the installer integrated into the CFW gives us the possibility to install the Cybermodding homebrew Store. I think now all of you Cybermodding users know our store. We have recently added and updated lots of mods for GTAV.

If you want to take a look at our post on the latest version of the Store, here is the Link: Click HERE!

Downloads: 4.84 FERROX COBRA (7.55) v1.00 CFW
    MD5: BEEFC45ADD365E6DA5C12976AA802F19

Source: cybermodding.it

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    jolek, SiegHart93, sandungas and 14 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      This is still vague..... and does not make much sense to me.... lets just forget the YT app lol.

Are you currently on CFW or OFW, from what you have said you are on FERROX 4.83 CFW correct?
    2. Kragle
      Kragle
      Okay so from 4.82 CFW I went to 4.83 OFW . From OFW I went to FERROX 3.83 CFW. Sony then asked for another update 4.84 OFW and I thought it be fine as it's been done before
    3. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      Now I get you, really there was no need to do all that to and from CFW to OFW as SEN Enabler would spoof your FW version for you so you didn't have to do that.

Now your stuck on OFW, and the only way to get CFW back is with a Hardware flasher. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    4. Kragle
      Kragle
      Aw shucks :( ok buddy, thank you for the confirmation! They are so expensive.. might be easier to get another PS3 lol
    5. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      If you get another PS3 you might be in the same boat, the hardware flashers aren't that expensive.

£30 or less for an E3 NOR Hardware flasher if your PS3 is NOR, not sure on a NAND HW Flasher as I have never used one.
    6. zdrasti
      zdrasti
      I can just update overflow 4.8.4 to ferrox 4.8.4? overflow not bad firmware-but does not work webman...
    7. Jxhnny
      Jxhnny
      Hi, i am New in this things, i dont have idea how to install this program, if someone could help me please
    8. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      On one of the overflow threads I made an XML that would sort that issue out if you want to continue to use it.
    9. Alexander
      Alexander
      @zdrasti
      Is Overflow's aware of the Bug?
      However you can easily update from XMB from Overflows's cfws to Ferrox Cobra.
      zdrasti likes this.
    10. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      First off is your PS3 Jailbroken? This will not install if it is not..... Then you will need different advise.

If it is jailbroken then you need to put the pup file on a FAT32 MBR format USB Flash drive. On this USB Flash drive create a folder called " PS3 " in then in this folder make another called " UPDATE ", then place the pup file in there and make sure it's called " PS3UPDAT.PUP " then put the USB into the USB port closet to the BD Drive ( The right hand USB Port ).

Once you have done this make sure there are no Disc's in the BD Drive and you have disabled the PS3's Internet connection from the Network Settings on the XMB then go to System Update, then select " Update via Storage Media ".

(With the folder names for the USB don't include the "" in them.)

Can you explain what you mean by not working? Do you mean it won't show up on the XMB? or just won't work at all.
    11. zdrasti
      zdrasti
      This fix works well, but when I use an sen enabler, everything disappears again
    12. SiegHart93
      SiegHart93
      Will Ferrox update cobra to 8.01 ?
      Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    13. zdrasti
      zdrasti
    14. xiaoyang
      xiaoyang
      @Alexander

Ferrox 4.84 update cobra to 8.01 ?