PS3 4.84 FERROX COBRA ( 7.55) CFW by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 2, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM
  1. 8,869
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

PS3 Custom Firmware developer @Alexander has now released his 4.84 FERROX COBRA (7.55) CFW adding a new flavor to the 4.84 Custom Firmware mix. This Cobra CFW comes equipped with the latest Cobra 7.55 payload (which should perform like 4.83 FERROX Cobra) and allows for all the usual Cobra (v7.55) CFW features. Some of those features include Plugin Support (like webMAN), as well as ISO Support (Ps1/PS2/PS3/PSP/BD/DVD) are just a few abilities that Cobra adds to a firmware. Also developer Alexander includes an optional MOD Installer for some extra features and eye candy (see tab for more info). For full feature set and details checkout the included (translated) release notes provided​

if you have any feedback you can find @Alexander at his home site of Cybermodding.it and also here in our psx-place forums.

ferrox2017_2.png
    Checkout other 4.84 related releases in this thread here.

• Features of 4.84 FERROX COBRA (v7.55)
      • Built on the base of OFW 4.84 SONY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
      • Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 "And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]"
      • Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
      • FEATURE - New Look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer (next tab)).
      • FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
      • FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
      • FEATURE - Keys 4.84 to start Games signed with keys 4.84
      • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
      • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
      • PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely.

• FERROX Mods Installer
      UNSR.png

If you like our Homebrew Store, or the Graphic Mods seen in the FERROX 4.80, this Installer is for you.

This Installer was created on the basis of the XMBM + Team installer and inside it you will find the possibility to install or uninstall the Mods and the Homebrew Store. The installer was introduced into the Custom Firmware. This means that you will always have it available, without having to use a USB stick
      .​

To install the PKG, simply go to the "Package Manager", and navigate to Install the File Package - Internal Storage of the PS3 system. The installer will always be there, but if you want you can delete it via File Manager from the dev_blind / ferrox / pkg directory.

Below are some screens:
      HVGU.png I8YX.png I8ZU.png

Use is really simple, there is not much to explain. You can install the Mods, and you can always reinstall the original files from the installer at any time. Ditto for the Store.

Below I leave a video demonstration

Mod Graphics by MiZiO90
      FrxMods1.png
      BVYI.png 04HM.png

CyberModding Homebrew Store
      In addition to the Graphic Mods you see, the installer integrated into the CFW gives us the possibility to install the Cybermodding homebrew Store. I think now all of you Cybermodding users know our store. We have recently added and updated lots of mods for GTAV.

If you want to take a look at our post on the latest version of the Store, here is the Link: Click HERE!

Downloads: 4.84 FERROX COBRA (7.55) v1.00 CFW
    MD5: BEEFC45ADD365E6DA5C12976AA802F19

Source: cybermodding.it

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    CFW-Us3r, CFW-User, jolek and 16 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Resk0r
      Resk0r
      Oh now I’m understand ( Cobra like Add-on in CFW for more Thing can I do ) right ?

If I’m go to buy PS3 now should have Cobra and Multiman after that I can turn on Rebug if available or downloading the tools if not available right ? Or Cobra have the Rebug I’m afraid after I’m see this pictures because this photo show me if I can do lock and unlock the trophy with only Rebug REX

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    2. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Yes, Cobra and Mamba are both a series of plugins which add on to standard CFW to expand the features of the CFW. I personally use Cobra, which is integrated in both Ferrox and Rebug - both of which I've used for a considerable amount of time.

I don't really want to go off topic here since this is a thread about Ferrox CFW, but briefly:
      Rebug comes bundled with Rebug Toolbox, and just needs installing via the Package Manager. Cobra is enabled by default, and can be disabled using the Toolbox.

The feature in Rebug to lock/unlock trophies only works offline, so it will not synch them up online with PSN. To be honest, if that's the only reason you want Rebug I'd stick with Ferrox Cobra which I have used and can highly recommend.
      Resk0r likes this.
    3. Resk0r
      Resk0r
      Thank you very much my friend for wonderful information you really help me a lot
      -yah I know about trophy use offline but after change the folder trophy and need sync just I need I think plugin PSN for not banned and that make sync on and I know a lot guys sync a lot folder game without banned reached like 3442 platinum I’m just need know everything about the hack and you really help me

I’m do this method in CFW psvita last version and everything good with out any risk

But if you have other information about how can make PS3 not get banned and sync trophy safe I appreciate that

About ( Ferrox Cobra ) this is plug-in add to cobra I mean about ( Ferrox )

I’m understand now I need just PS3 have Cobra Hack and all of them if I didn’t found him I can downloading right ?

Best Regards
      Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    4. Foxnull
      Foxnull
      Hey there I installed this CFW on my CECHA ps3 from ferrox 4.82 CFW. I've lost the ability to play my ps2 iso games the system just freezes after launching it through webman. How can I get that working again? I've downloaded and reinstalled the webman mod but it's still freezing
    5. Foxnull
      Foxnull
      My guess is possibly webman wasn't working correctly with this firmware version even with the updated link. I downgraded back to 4.82 ferrox and all is working properly.
    6. Chocolatey
      Chocolatey
      Hi Everyone,
      I wanted to jailbreak my PS3 CECH 2504B on 4.84 on this website. I mistakenly turned it off. The problem now is the PS3 won’t turn on. It turns itself off after few seconds I turn it on. Please, how can I fix this? Thank you
    7. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      I would start your own thread as this is not the place for that, also the right people with the right knowledege will most likely not see this hidden away here on this thread.

This is the support thread for Ferrox 4.84 CFW.

But to put it simpley your PS3 is bricked, and will need your original flash dump (pre xploit dump) and a HW Flasher to sort out.

Also with your PS3's model did you run "MinVerChk" to make sure your minimum factory installed firmware was 3.56 or below as certain CECH25*** slim model PS3's are not CFW compatible and you will brick it trying to jailbreak it.

These "non-CFW" model PS3's can only run PS3HEN.
      Algol likes this.
    8. insanetoker89
      insanetoker89
      Still no Cobra 8.1?

Sorry, don't mean to sound impatient lol
      flowlapache likes this.
    9. flowlapache
      flowlapache
      same question here since few months, like you we are not hurried ;-)
    10. zdrasti
      zdrasti
      CONGRATULATIONS. need a new firmware. 4.85.!!! not allowed to go online again ...
    11. xiaoyang
      xiaoyang
      @Alexander any news about Ferrox 4.85 Cobra 8.1 Release??