PS3 4.84 OFW Released - Beware do not update

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by jcorrea, Feb 13, 2019.

By jcorrea on Feb 13, 2019 at 9:37 PM
  1. 280
    jcorrea

jcorrea PSX-Place Supporter

Developer
    PlayStation 3 had an official firmware update released with the drop of system update 4.84. Below i provided a small chart for people on other firmwares and their hacks. Currently it unknown what prompted the update, could of been a simple maintenance update, which what appears to be the case on initial inspections. Could the update have something to do with PS Plus free games ending on the service? Very well could be but that is speculation at this point. PSX-Place will keep you updated of all the changes this update brings. The update has not patched the recent StoreHaxx release which is not something most will use as its simply an IDPS dumper currently (w/ other potentials possiable). Even on 4.83 and looking to exploit, you may want to wait to update until devs in this thread mainly @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w give the okay.

Checkout this thread for FUTURE 4.84 releated released.
    -STLcardsWS​

12-1-08-ps3-system-update.jpg

• From PS3FWBot on twitter:
      "14/02/2019 03:10 CET: Sony pushed new PS3 FW 4.8400. Previous FW was 4.8300"

• 4.82 HAN user's do not update
      • 4.83 and lower CFW user's do not update. (until a 4.84 CFW is released)
      • User waiting for 4.83 progress, do not update
      • Consoles that are not exploited but on 4.82 and lower do not update (If you want to exploit it)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by jcorrea, Feb 13, 2019.

1. nejc780
      nejc780
      Thanks for the quick reply and explanation.. right i forgot to put cech model number.. from what i researched it should be jailbreakable (cech-2504A) date code is 0C or OC (zero or o)
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    2. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      That's what its for, REBUG in CEX so it should work. On DEX you use another method to get online.

Oops stupid me.....
    3. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      lol that's what I always do
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    4. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      it's not spoofed, the syscon is changed so you can install it over the top of 4.84 DB CFW, if you want it spoofed you'll need to use SEN Enabler
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    5. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      oop's i miss read that.....:sang banghead:... and no am not sharing, before you say anything :-p:D
      esc0rtd3w and bitsbubba like this.
    6. magix01
      magix01
      Has anyone tested if game inject exploit is disabled on 4.84?
    7. Killer Bunny
      Killer Bunny
      Help!!! I "accidentally" updated to 4.84 OFW. Is there any way to go back?? Please bring another exploit asap!!
    8. sandungas
      sandungas
      Accidents ¯\_( '-')_/¯
      pipex55, n00b, DeViL303 and 4 others like this.
    9. nejc780
      nejc780
      Same here -_-
    10. psykosis
      psykosis
      I didn't update to 4.83 OR 4.84...and guess what... everything is still working perfect.
      If you "accidentally" upgraded... welcome to the firmware you CHOSE to update to.
      Enjoy your system, as I am currently enjoying mine! :*)
    11. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      I don't how anyone can "accidentally" update??? You are given fair warning before the system updates in the first place..... :sang banghead::sang banghead::sang banghead:

I am now going to give an example....

You sign into PSN.... you get a message immediately...> ( This is a Firmware Update!!! )

"The latest system software is required to sign in and use this service. You will now be signed out and the system will begin to download the software, Do you wish to continue? Yes..No.."

When you select No you will be signed out and returned to the XMB.... FFS...:sang banghead:

An App update is this.....

You are already signed in and go to use an app eg. Amazon Video.... An get a message...
      > ( This is an App update )

"The latest software version is required to use this program. The app will now quit and begin to down the latest version... Do you wish to continue? Yes...No...?"

Or be smart and use the NoPSN app versions for HAN and CFW. And make sure "Auto Update" is turned OFF all the time.

Its really that simple....:D
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
      pipex55, ISAK.M, n00b and 1 other person like this.
    12. arcadekidflo
      arcadekidflo
      Any reported updates from Rebug 4.82 CEX ? It's supposed to block recovery updates i think it doesn't work with 4.84
      n00b likes this.
    13. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      If you have auto update disabled and then disabled the internet connection before going into recovery mode you should be fine. But i use DEX with REBUG.

I take this is why you been asking about jail breaking in the other thread?
      n00b likes this.
    14. auburn2eugene
      auburn2eugene
      Anyone who says this will have their threads shut down immediately.

I do agree it's only a matter of time though.
      n00b likes this.
    15. ISAK.M
      ISAK.M
      I am wondering the same, it's just unbelieveable, hooow can you "accidentally" update!?!?!?! :sfun bangdesk::rolling:
      jcorrea and Cypher_CG89 like this.
    16. nejc780
      nejc780
      Again i have a question.. 4.84 CFW came out ( http://www.psx-place.com/threads/4-...-versions-included-by-bobby_downgrades.22561/ ) I have playstation 3 (cech-2504A) with OFW 4.84 update not jailbroken. How can in install 4.84 CFW ? I watched so many videos how to jailbreak your playstation but they're so outdated.. (i think) i just cant follow them. Can someone explain it today in 2019 :D or at least answer me if i need hardware flasher (e3)...
    17. Killer Bunny
      Killer Bunny
      Dude I was just trolling the people who were going to say that they updated acccidentally. It was just a joke. I didnt update to 4.84 and I have my ps3 on 4.82
    18. Killer Bunny
      Killer Bunny
      It was a joke bro
    19. Killer Bunny
      Killer Bunny
      I was just trolling the people who say that they updated aaccidentally.Dont you see that I put the word accident in quotes?
    20. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      So your going to be just as annoying..If not more.

Then reply to everyone else about how annoying you are.

Lets just stop this. You want to stop it or do you want me to for you?