Along with the 4.84 Standard CFW release by @Bobby_Downgrades the developer has also released a suite of 4.84 COBRA (v7.55) CFW for the scene as well. A "Cobra CFW" has the cobra payload injected into the firmware giving the CFW even more features, like the ability to use Background running plugins / ISO Support / Streaming of games from a local point on your network and a variety of extra features not found in your standard firmware. In versions 1.00-6.00 this cobra "payload' was sold on a usb dongle known as CobraUSB by the Cobra Team.
After a year plus of neglect by the team to the people whom purchased the device there were various attempts to crack the device open for all and Cobra Team was prepared, as they secured the device very well. Then there was a person that simply asked them to release it to the public so the community could make use of it, They later agree and did release the source code . Then months a followup release was made by CobraUSB former lead developer (whom was no longer affiliated with Cobra Team at the time and cleaned up the source code, explained what it was doing and also implemented it into a CFW (a re-post as the original forum tortuga-cove is longer active) that marked for the first time without the need of CobraUSB dongle user could enjoy the Cobra features and the community could then expand it.
Then from there that is exactly what we have seen over time with various developer's adding to the project, You can head over @Joonie 's github for the latest cobra source code and all those changes from devs like @Joonie, @habib,@aldostools @kokotonix, @deank & @_NzV_ are listed Now residing at version 7.55 we see it hit 4.84 CFW with the release of 4.84 OVERFLOW COBRA (CEX) EDITION, this release has all the features within OVERFLOW Standard plus all the features that Cobra 7.55 offers. See the full details of the devs release below. Just like the Standard release a NoBD and a NoBT version has been included in this release also for those with broken components on their PS3 conole's
Keep track of all 4.84 related releases in this thread here.
4.84 Overflow Cobra (CEX) Edition
Features of this cfw...
- * Built from 4.84 ofw
- * LV0- All security checks disabled
- * LV0- AppLdr patched to disable sig checks on pkgs
- * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
- * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
- * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
- * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
- * Lv1- ACL checks removed
- * LV2- Added Peek & Poke
- * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
- * Games with 4.84 keys and lower will start
- * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
- * Added app/home
- * Added option to xmb Install Packages with two paths (USB or HDD)
- * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
- * Update from any cfw up to 4.84 and 3.55 ofw
- * QA flag compatable
- * Both dex and cex packages supported
- * React psn compatability
- * Cobra 7.55
- * Has no webman integrated
- * Update from disc disabled (prevents accidental update to ofw from disc)
- * Visual updated
- * Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd
- * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
- * Remote play supported on non Son# product
- * ingame screenshots supported
- * psp drm checks disabled
- * Removed annoying singstar icon
- * Full blu ray and dvd support
- * Added option to visit you tube channels and websites (pre selected some helpful ones like psx place, ngu and ps3hax)
- * Added download and install to what's new in psn column (updated packages will be sent to the ps3 when they are available, option in boxed tools to clear cache and check for updates will update download list) Massive thanks to PS3 Extra and devil_303
- * Added Restart System options to power options in xmb user column
All worked flawless with no problem.
If you have some sort of problem just contact me on fb.
HOW TO INSTALL
Your ps3 must be jailbroken or must have just been flashed with a hardware flasher to install cfw.
Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.
1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals)
2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
3. Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
4. Put your usb into your ps3 and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage media.
HOW I GO ONLINE (PSN)
IF COBRA CEX.
1. start ps3.
2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
3. load game to xmb with WEBMAN or put disc in.
4. press R2 and triangle to wipe history and disable cfw system calls. (R2 and triangle do the same job as ps ninja and psn patch)
5. start game and/or sign in.
- Ccapi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot.
If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy before updating.
- I only use facebook, ngu and portal centric, psx place and sometimes psn. I only ever go by the name Bobby Downgrades, if you come accross the name on a site other than those it's probably not me and if the name is not "Bobby Downgrades" IT'S NOT ME. If in doubt contact me on facebook or through ps3updat.com.
Credits/Thanks - SHOUT OUTS IN NO ORDER...
- Graf Chokolo
- The rebug team
- The ita team
- Aldo vargas
- dark jiros
- Dean k
- noBD = can be installed onto a ps3 with no blueray drive and still functions as normal (minus discs)
- noBT = can be installed onto a ps3 with broken Bluetooth/wifi module (bypasses install of Bluetooth fw)
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) Edition
- MD5: f9a83e4a102937648c10aecb83b509de
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) noBD Edition
- MD5: 13b6314b805b9d72fc526ba1e6a286b7
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) noBT Edition
- MD5: 05db351e058f76c9c49a888ae3394be8Source: www.psx-place.com
PS3 4.84 OVERFLOW (Cobra v7.55) CFW + NoBD/NoBT versions included by Bobby_Downgrades
By STLcardsWS on Feb 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM
The Power Supply (vol. 05): A chat with (PS Vita Developer) RinnegatamanteWell it's that time again as we have another talented developer featured in The Power Supply (A developer Interview Series brought to you by PSX-Place). So far you have seen us explore various talents from the PS3 & PS4 in the first four editions (view the complete collection of interview here, some great reads and insight from some of the best), so this time around in vol.5 of the series we wanted to expand on another PlayStation Platform and we thought it was time for a PS Vita inclusions. So, with so many great candidates to approach we wanted to explore a bit about homebrew development and this developer is someone whom has developed a few projects on the platform (okay alot of projects ) That's right we have the talented developer known as Rinnganmante who has been a huge contributor to the PS Vita Community. In our chat we posed various development questions / future intentions along with some insight on various projects in this discussion, so like our previous interview's your bound to learn something new.Continue reading
[UPDATE 4] PS3 Toolset by bguerville: A powerful collection of tools fueled by new PS3 exploitUpdate (4) Now supporting 4.86 Fully & Issue fixed with NAND console's in rare situations
You may recall a recent article revealing a few exclusive screenshots of bguerville's latest project, now the time has come to introduce the next evolution in PS3 Jailbreaking solutions. The PlayStation 3 Toolset by @bguerville is a new suite of tools, built upon a new PS3 exploitation framework & fueled by a new exploit discovered on the PS3 by the developer. The new exploit (and the toolset project as a whole) is compatible with all PS3 models running 4.82 - 4.86 OFW/HFW/CFW
While ps3xploit team member's @habib continued research and development of PS3HEN for nonCFW models with assistance from @esc0rtd3w, @bguerville meanwhile was working on his own research and developing other tools and exploits as you will see with this new PlayStation 3 Toolset, which thorough testing was conducted by @esc0rtd3w (whom we recently interviewed). All the team of talented devs have done some amazing work in the scene in recent years with all the PS3Xploit projects and that trend continues with this release.
The PS3 toolset is a project that @bguerville has been working on for some time,
the developer gave us a brief timeline of events since the Ps3Xploit Tools 2.0 framework (flash writer and dumper(s)) that led to this new release (see the timeline section).Continue reading
[UPDATE-4.86] PS3HEN v3.0.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW models4.86.1 HFW post by @Joonie
UPDATE (04-02-2020): Version 3.0.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v3 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 3.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: