Along with the 4.84 Standard CFW release by @Bobby_Downgrades the developer has also released a suite of 4.84 COBRA (v7.55) CFW for the scene as well. A "Cobra CFW" has the cobra payload injected into the firmware giving the CFW even more features, like the ability to use Background running plugins / ISO Support / Streaming of games from a local point on your network and a variety of extra features not found in your standard firmware. In versions 1.00-6.00 this cobra "payload' was sold on a usb dongle known as CobraUSB by the Cobra Team.
After a year plus of neglect by the team to the people whom purchased the device there were various attempts to crack the device open for all and Cobra Team was prepared, as they secured the device very well. Then there was a person that simply asked them to release it to the public so the community could make use of it, They later agree and did release the source code . Then months a followup release was made by CobraUSB former lead developer (whom was no longer affiliated with Cobra Team at the time and cleaned up the source code, explained what it was doing and also implemented it into a CFW (a re-post as the original forum tortuga-cove is longer active) that marked for the first time without the need of CobraUSB dongle user could enjoy the Cobra features and the community could then expand it.
Then from there that is exactly what we have seen over time with various developer's adding to the project, You can head over @Joonie 's github for the latest cobra source code and all those changes from devs like @Joonie, @habib,@aldostools @kokotonix, @deank & @_NzV_ are listed Now residing at version 7.55 we see it hit 4.84 CFW with the release of 4.84 OVERFLOW COBRA (CEX) EDITION, this release has all the features within OVERFLOW Standard plus all the features that Cobra 7.55 offers. See the full details of the devs release below. Just like the Standard release a NoBD and a NoBT version has been included in this release also for those with broken components on their PS3 conole's
Keep track of all 4.84 related releases in this thread here.
4.84 Overflow Cobra (CEX) Edition
Features of this cfw...
- * Built from 4.84 ofw
- * LV0- All security checks disabled
- * LV0- AppLdr patched to disable sig checks on pkgs
- * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
- * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
- * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
- * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
- * Lv1- ACL checks removed
- * LV2- Added Peek & Poke
- * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
- * Games with 4.84 keys and lower will start
- * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
- * Added app/home
- * Added option to xmb Install Packages with two paths (USB or HDD)
- * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
- * Update from any cfw up to 4.84 and 3.55 ofw
- * QA flag compatable
- * Both dex and cex packages supported
- * React psn compatability
- * Cobra 7.55
- * Has no webman integrated
- * Update from disc disabled (prevents accidental update to ofw from disc)
- * Visual updated
- * Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd
- * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
- * Remote play supported on non Son# product
- * ingame screenshots supported
- * psp drm checks disabled
- * Removed annoying singstar icon
- * Full blu ray and dvd support
- * Added option to visit you tube channels and websites (pre selected some helpful ones like psx place, ngu and ps3hax)
- * Added option to download some games
- * Added download and install to what's new in psn column (updated packages will be sent to the ps3 when they are available, option in boxed tools to clear cache and check for updates will update download list) Massive thanks to PS3 Extra and devil_303
- * Added Restart System options to power options in xmb user column
All worked flawless with no problem.
If you have some sort of problem just contact me on fb.
HOW TO INSTALL
Your ps3 must be jailbroken or must have just been flashed with a hardware flasher to install cfw.
Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.
1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals)
2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
3. Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
4. Put your usb into your ps3 and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage media.
HOW I GO ONLINE (PSN)
IF COBRA CEX.
1. start ps3.
2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
3. load game to xmb with WEBMAN or put disc in.
4. press R2 and triangle to wipe history and disable cfw system calls. (R2 and triangle do the same job as ps ninja and psn patch)
5. start game and/or sign in.
- Ccapi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot.
If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy before updating.
- I only use facebook, ngu and portal centric, psx place and sometimes psn. I only ever go by the name Bobby Downgrades, if you come accross the name on a site other than those it's probably not me and if the name is not "Bobby Downgrades" IT'S NOT ME. If in doubt contact me on facebook or through ps3updat.com.
Credits/Thanks - SHOUT OUTS IN NO ORDER...
- Graf Chokolo
- The rebug team
- The ita team
- Aldo vargas
- dark jiros
- Dean k
- noBD = can be installed onto a ps3 with no blueray drive and still functions as normal (minus discs)
- noBT = can be installed onto a ps3 with broken Bluetooth/wifi module (bypasses install of Bluetooth fw)
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) Edition
- MD5: f9a83e4a102937648c10aecb83b509de
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) noBD Edition
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) noBT Edition
- MD5: 05db351e058f76c9c49a888ae3394be8Source: www.psx-place.com
PS3 4.84 OVERFLOW (Cobra v7.55) CFW + NoBD/NoBT versions included by Bobby_Downgrades
By STLcardsWS on Feb 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - January 2019 Progress Report (+ useful Extras and Tools)A new Year, a new Progress Report begins. Kinda late for March, I know and yes it's not the first time I use this excuse for being such late. But the Team behind this wonderful PS3 Emulator RPCS3 thought about that instead of bringing you a monthly updated Progress Report only this time - which still shows some impressive Progress from each Month if you ask me - they decided that it would be a good start for the first Progress Report of 2019 to release some additional Tools together with the January 2019 Progress Report. So while you can enjoy their Progress for January both down below and on their Blog post (also linked down below), the Team behind RPCS3 teased several Tweets about their additional Achievements they did since the beginning of this year. You want an example? Well, maybe you didn't know about but since RPCS3 also supports a Basic Network Functionality, it will allow you not only to emulate some AAA Game Titles. It can be also useful to emulate other Non-Gaming Applications and various Media Applications as well. So there is no problem at all to watch some Videos using the official YouTube-Applications for PS3 via RPCS3, viewing the newest Episode from you favourite Anime Series on Crunchyroll or why not enjoying a full-length Hollywood Blockbuster on Netflix, for instance. How cool is that?Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Colecovision Emulator OPL ready ISO (version 2.0) -UniqueUserName