Along with the 4.84 Standard CFW release by @Bobby_Downgrades the developer has also released a suite of 4.84 COBRA (v7.55) CFW for the scene as well. A "Cobra CFW" has the cobra payload injected into the firmware giving the CFW even more features, like the ability to use Background running plugins / ISO Support / Streaming of games from a local point on your network and a variety of extra features not found in your standard firmware. In versions 1.00-6.00 this cobra "payload' was sold on a usb dongle known as CobraUSB by the Cobra Team.
After a year plus of neglect by the team to the people whom purchased the device there were various attempts to crack the device open for all and Cobra Team was prepared, as they secured the device very well. Then there was a person that simply asked them to release it to the public so the community could make use of it, They later agree and did release the source code . Then months a followup release was made by CobraUSB former lead developer (whom was no longer affiliated with Cobra Team at the time and cleaned up the source code, explained what it was doing and also implemented it into a CFW (a re-post as the original forum tortuga-cove is longer active) that marked for the first time without the need of CobraUSB dongle user could enjoy the Cobra features and the community could then expand it.
Then from there that is exactly what we have seen over time with various developer's adding to the project, You can head over @Joonie 's github for the latest cobra source code and all those changes from devs like @Joonie, @habib,@aldostools @kokotonix, @deank & @_NzV_ are listed Now residing at version 7.55 we see it hit 4.84 CFW with the release of 4.84 OVERFLOW COBRA (CEX) EDITION, this release has all the features within OVERFLOW Standard plus all the features that Cobra 7.55 offers. See the full details of the devs release below. Just like the Standard release a NoBD and a NoBT version has been included in this release also for those with broken components on their PS3 conole's
Keep track of all 4.84 related releases in this thread here.
4.84 Overflow Cobra (CEX) Edition
Features of this cfw...
- * Built from 4.84 ofw
- * LV0- All security checks disabled
- * LV0- AppLdr patched to disable sig checks on pkgs
- * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
- * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
- * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
- * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
- * Lv1- ACL checks removed
- * LV2- Added Peek & Poke
- * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
- * Games with 4.84 keys and lower will start
- * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
- * Added app/home
- * Added option to xmb Install Packages with two paths (USB or HDD)
- * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
- * Update from any cfw up to 4.84 and 3.55 ofw
- * QA flag compatable
- * Both dex and cex packages supported
- * React psn compatability
- * Cobra 7.55
- * Has no webman integrated
- * Update from disc disabled (prevents accidental update to ofw from disc)
- * Visual updated
- * Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd
- * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
- * Remote play supported on non Son# product
- * ingame screenshots supported
- * psp drm checks disabled
- * Removed annoying singstar icon
- * Full blu ray and dvd support
- * Added option to visit you tube channels and websites (pre selected some helpful ones like psx place, ngu and ps3hax)
- * Added download and install to what's new in psn column (updated packages will be sent to the ps3 when they are available, option in boxed tools to clear cache and check for updates will update download list) Massive thanks to PS3 Extra and devil_303
- * Added Restart System options to power options in xmb user column
All worked flawless with no problem.
If you have some sort of problem just contact me on fb.
HOW TO INSTALL
Your ps3 must be jailbroken or must have just been flashed with a hardware flasher to install cfw.
Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.
1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals)
2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
3. Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
4. Put your usb into your ps3 and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage media.
HOW I GO ONLINE (PSN)
IF COBRA CEX.
1. start ps3.
2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
3. load game to xmb with WEBMAN or put disc in.
4. press R2 and triangle to wipe history and disable cfw system calls. (R2 and triangle do the same job as ps ninja and psn patch)
5. start game and/or sign in.
- Ccapi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot.
If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy before updating.
- I only use facebook, ngu and portal centric, psx place and sometimes psn. I only ever go by the name Bobby Downgrades, if you come accross the name on a site other than those it's probably not me and if the name is not "Bobby Downgrades" IT'S NOT ME. If in doubt contact me on facebook or through ps3updat.com.
Credits/Thanks - SHOUT OUTS IN NO ORDER...
- Graf Chokolo
- The rebug team
- The ita team
- Aldo vargas
- dark jiros
- Dean k
- noBD = can be installed onto a ps3 with no blueray drive and still functions as normal (minus discs)
- noBT = can be installed onto a ps3 with broken Bluetooth/wifi module (bypasses install of Bluetooth fw)
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) Edition
- MD5: f9a83e4a102937648c10aecb83b509de
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) noBD Edition
- MD5: 13b6314b805b9d72fc526ba1e6a286b7
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) noBT Edition
- MD5: 05db351e058f76c9c49a888ae3394be8Source: www.psx-place.com
PS3 4.84 OVERFLOW (Cobra v7.55) CFW + NoBD/NoBT versions included by Bobby_Downgrades
By STLcardsWS on Feb 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM
River Raid Remake (by Lapy Games) - A remake from the Atari 2600 library now on a homebrew PS4We have seen several Retro remakes from Lapy Games hit a jailbroken PS4 like the Duck Hunt Reamke and Wild Gunman remakes from the NES/Famicom era Which those with 7 additional games can be found in the developer's recent Lapy Game Collection (v1.0) release that puts all his created game into a single homebrew,pkg Now the dev recently followed that up with a public announcement on March 6 of the next project and it was another remake . This time around it's River Raid from the Atari 2600 (see original 2600 gameplay) . That is going back a bit in gaming history but the developer wanted this unity creation for a homebrew enabled PS4, be a more modern representation of an iconic classic game but also still have that Retro gameplay feel from the original in this aerial pursuit. Check it out and leave the developer (Lapy) some feedback in the comments belowContinue reading
Introducing The PS3 Toolset by bguerville: A powerful collection of tools fueled by new PS3 exploitYou may recall a recent article revealing a few exclusive screenshots of bguerville's latest project, now the time has come to introduce the next evolution in PS3 Jailbreaking solutions. The PlayStation 3 Toolset by @bguerville is a new suite of tools, built upon a new PS3 exploitation framework & fueled by a new exploit discovered on the PS3 by the developer. The new exploit (and the toolset project as a whole) is compatible with all PS3 models running 4.82 - 4.85 OFW/HFW/CFW
While ps3xploit team member's @habib continued research and development of PS3HEN for nonCFW models with assistance from @esc0rtd3w, @bguerville meanwhile was working on his own research and developing other tools and exploits as you will see with this new PlayStation 3 Toolset, which thorough testing was conducted by @esc0rtd3w (whom we recently interviewed). All the team of talented devs have done some amazing work in the scene in recent years with all the PS3Xploit projects and that trend continues with this release.
The PS3 toolset is a project that @bguerville has been working on for some time,
the developer gave us a brief timeline of events since the Ps3Xploit Tools 2.0 framework (flash writer and dumper(s)) that led to this new release (see the timeline section).Continue reading
[UPDATE: Version 1.03] Autoplugin 2 released by @TheheroGAC & ONElua Team!Unlike the PlayStation 4 with it's slow Homebrew Content, the PlayStation Vita always saw a strong Content of Homebrew and other useful Plugins, which makes your life easier with a hacked PS Vita. In fact, we still see today new plugins released for this Handheld Console, no matter if you want to Overclock your PS Vita to make your favourite Games even better performing or if you just need some handy tools like an always running FTP Server, where you can transfer your favourite Games and other Homebrew Releases on-the-fly. But installing them wasn't always a easy task and there was even a risk when adding them manually, which could harm your complete System when pressing a wrong button. In short, it was always elaborate to install all those wonderful Plugins bit by bit. But luckily we had Autoplugin for this in the past and today, well-known Developer @thehero_ together with the ONElua Team are releasing Version 2, where not only you can now see which Plugins you have already installed on your PS Vita, but also that you can now directly download all translations inside of Autoplugin without any need to quit the App as it was necessary before. Together with more new Features you can see down below and with a new Design, Autoplugin 2 will make your life even more easier now for both you and your PS Vita!Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- diego tejada zapata
Colecovision Emulator OPL ready ISO (version 2.0) -UniqueUserName