Along with the 4.84 Standard CFW release by @Bobby_Downgrades the developer has also released a suite of 4.84 COBRA (v7.55) CFW for the scene as well. A "Cobra CFW" has the cobra payload injected into the firmware giving the CFW even more features, like the ability to use Background running plugins / ISO Support / Streaming of games from a local point on your network and a variety of extra features not found in your standard firmware. In versions 1.00-6.00 this cobra "payload' was sold on a usb dongle known as CobraUSB by the Cobra Team.
After a year plus of neglect by the team to the people whom purchased the device there were various attempts to crack the device open for all and Cobra Team was prepared, as they secured the device very well. Then there was a person that simply asked them to release it to the public so the community could make use of it, They later agree and did release the source code . Then months a followup release was made by CobraUSB former lead developer (whom was no longer affiliated with Cobra Team at the time and cleaned up the source code, explained what it was doing and also implemented it into a CFW (a re-post as the original forum tortuga-cove is longer active) that marked for the first time without the need of CobraUSB dongle user could enjoy the Cobra features and the community could then expand it.
Then from there that is exactly what we have seen over time with various developer's adding to the project, You can head over @Joonie 's github for the latest cobra source code and all those changes from devs like @Joonie, @habib,@aldostools @kokotonix, @deank & @_NzV_ are listed Now residing at version 7.55 we see it hit 4.84 CFW with the release of 4.84 OVERFLOW COBRA (CEX) EDITION, this release has all the features within OVERFLOW Standard plus all the features that Cobra 7.55 offers. See the full details of the devs release below. Just like the Standard release a NoBD and a NoBT version has been included in this release also for those with broken components on their PS3 conole's
Keep track of all 4.84 related releases in this thread here.
4.84 Overflow Cobra (CEX) Edition
Features of this cfw...
- * Built from 4.84 ofw
- * LV0- All security checks disabled
- * LV0- AppLdr patched to disable sig checks on pkgs
- * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
- * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
- * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
- * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
- * Lv1- ACL checks removed
- * LV2- Added Peek & Poke
- * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
- * Games with 4.84 keys and lower will start
- * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
- * Added app/home
- * Added option to xmb Install Packages with two paths (USB or HDD)
- * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
- * Update from any cfw up to 4.84 and 3.55 ofw
- * QA flag compatable
- * Both dex and cex packages supported
- * React psn compatability
- * Cobra 7.55
- * Has no webman integrated
- * Update from disc disabled (prevents accidental update to ofw from disc)
- * Visual updated
- * Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd
- * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
- * Remote play supported on non Son# product
- * ingame screenshots supported
- * psp drm checks disabled
- * Removed annoying singstar icon
- * Full blu ray and dvd support
- * Added option to visit you tube channels and websites (pre selected some helpful ones like psx place, ngu and ps3hax)
- * Added option to download some games
- * Added download and install to what's new in psn column (updated packages will be sent to the ps3 when they are available, option in boxed tools to clear cache and check for updates will update download list) Massive thanks to PS3 Extra and devil_303
- * Added Restart System options to power options in xmb user column
All worked flawless with no problem.
If you have some sort of problem just contact me on fb.
HOW TO INSTALL
Your ps3 must be jailbroken or must have just been flashed with a hardware flasher to install cfw.
Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.
1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals)
2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
3. Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
4. Put your usb into your ps3 and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage media.
HOW I GO ONLINE (PSN)
IF COBRA CEX.
1. start ps3.
2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
3. load game to xmb with WEBMAN or put disc in.
4. press R2 and triangle to wipe history and disable cfw system calls. (R2 and triangle do the same job as ps ninja and psn patch)
5. start game and/or sign in.
- Ccapi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot.
If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy before updating.
- I only use facebook, ngu and portal centric, psx place and sometimes psn. I only ever go by the name Bobby Downgrades, if you come accross the name on a site other than those it's probably not me and if the name is not "Bobby Downgrades" IT'S NOT ME. If in doubt contact me on facebook or through ps3updat.com.
Credits/Thanks - SHOUT OUTS IN NO ORDER...
- Graf Chokolo
- The rebug team
- The ita team
- Aldo vargas
- dark jiros
- Dean k
- noBD = can be installed onto a ps3 with no blueray drive and still functions as normal (minus discs)
- noBT = can be installed onto a ps3 with broken Bluetooth/wifi module (bypasses install of Bluetooth fw)
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) Edition
- MD5: f9a83e4a102937648c10aecb83b509de
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) noBD Edition
- 4.84 Overflow Cobra 7.55 (CEX) noBT Edition
- MD5: 05db351e058f76c9c49a888ae3394be8Source: www.psx-place.com
PS3 4.84 OVERFLOW (Cobra v7.55) CFW + NoBD/NoBT versions included by Bobby_Downgrades
By STLcardsWS on Feb 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM
PS4 Player (Media Player) by Lapy05575948From the developer who brought us PS4 Xplorer (File Manager) for our exploited PS4 capable of launching homebrew, has now dropped the latest homebrew (powered by Unity) with the release of PS4 Player from Lapy05575948. This new PlayStation 4 Homebrew is a Video Player currently in the BETA stages that provides support for the following video formats: MP4 & MOV. Also subtitles are supported in this release (in SRT format). At this moment the only supported Storage location for your media is on usb0/ . This PlayStation4 homebrew is an early beta release that is only going to improve with time. Have a suggestion or comment drop a line below in this article or tweet directly to the developer (@ Lapy05575948).Continue reading
PS4 Xplorer (file manager) v1.10 Released + Sneak peak of upcoming PS4 (media) Player by LapyDeveloper Lapy05575948 has been working on several homebrew's and ports for the PS4 using Unity 3d, we have seen the developer released various games like El Pollo 2.0 & Lapy's Chicken , but then the dev also developed a game called Save the Scene which was an original concept for the PS4 (now also ported to the PS Vita). In the recent weeks the developer turned attention to a utility, that being a file manager for the PS4. The app which was called Windows Explorer (v1.00-.05) originally and since has been renamed more appropriately PS4 Xplorer in recent updates (stating from v1.06). The homebrew is still in the BETA stage but progressing well as the developer has released multiple updates for the file manager (v1.10 currently) adding features like multilingual support / FTP Support and all the essentials for file management on the PS4.. This Homebrew runs on exploited console on firmware's 5.07 / 5.05 / 5.01 / 4.75 or 4.55 firmware Follow all the previous progress of changes in the changelogs provided below.
But wait that is not all the developer has in store for us, as another project is also in the works for the PS4., A very cool project (Ps4 Player), while its not released yet the developer is giving plenty of progress reports and some sneak peak video demos of an upcoming media player, Checkout the details and demonstrations in the tab belowContinue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - February 2019 Progress Report - Support for additional Accessories!The PS3 saw different Controller Designs and additional Accessories within it's life cycle. The early readers from this Site can probably remember how Sony themselves presented a "boomerang-styled" Controller back at E3 2005, which (sadly?) never saw a release. But as for nearly every Console, there were Game Titles, which supported to be played with additional Accessoires, sometimes they were even mandatory. Either you wanted to play specific Game Titles where a webcam tracked your motion moving by displaying it in-Game, you wanted to get better and faster Results with a Steering Wheel while Racing with other Players online with some fancy Cars, or maybe you really thought you can actually sing (which you can't of course ) so you played with some Microphones to sing various Songs in karaoke. But whichever of those mentioned Accessoires you prefered, maybe you want to use them as well when you want to emulate those Game Titles on your PC! How you might ask? Don't worry. This is one of many Improvements which this months Progress Report from the Great Team behind the RPCS3 Emulator is about. So better grab your old Guitar-Controllers and "Let's Rock'n'Roll!" Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: