@Bobby_Downgrades has released a 4.84 STANDARD CEX CFW, that comes equipped with the usual set of patches for homebrew execution and personal backup support, from there each "Standard CEX" cfw is a bit different with personal touches and features added, this build from Bobby comes with Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd and a variety of other XMB mods as labeled in the features on the release notes found below. For Console owners with broken consoles, there is a NoBD and a NoBT version of this Standard CEX releases as well.
Also note Cobra CFW versions as well have been released (>>additional info<<)
Keep Track of all 4.84 related releases here in this thread
4.84 Overflow Standard (CEX) Edition
Features 4.84 OVERFLOW Standard (CEX)...
- Built from 4.84 ofw
- LV0- All security checks disabled
- LV0- AppLdr patched to disable sig checks on pkgs
- LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
- LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
- LV1- Added Peek & Poke
- Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
- Lv1- ACL checks removed
- LV2- Added Peek & Poke
- LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
- Games with 4.84 keys and lower will start
- RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
- Added app/home
- Added option to xmb Install Packages with two paths (USB or HDD)
- Warning message disabled for faster boot time
- Update from any cfw up to 4.84 and 3.55 ofw
- QA flag compatable
- Both dex and cex packages supported
- React psn compatability
- Visual updated
- Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd
- Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
- Remote play supported on non Son# product
- ingame screenshots supported
- psp drm checks disabled
- Removed annoying singstar icon
- Full blu ray and dvd support
- Added option to visit you tube channels and websites (pre selected some helpful ones like psx place, ngu and ps3hax)
- Added option to download some games
- Added download and install to what's new in psn column (updated packages will be sent to the ps3 when they are available, option in boxed tools to clear cache and check for updates will update download list) Massive thanks to PS3 Extra and devil_303
- Added Restart System options to power options in xmb user column
All worked flawless with no problem. If you have some sort of problem just contact me on fb.
HOW TO INSTALL
Your ps3 must be jailbroken or must have just been flashed with a hardware flasher to install cfw.
Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.
1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals).
2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
3. Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
4. Put your usb into your ps3 and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage media.
- Ccapi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot.
- If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy before updating
CREDITS AND THANKS - SHOUT OUTS IN NO ORDER...
- I only use facebook, ngu and portal centric, psx place and sometimes psn. I only ever go by the name Bobby Downgrades, if you come accross the name on a site other than those it's probably not me and if the name is not "Bobby Downgrades" IT'S NOT ME. If in doubt contact me on facebook or through ps3updat.com.
- Graf Chokolo
- The rebug team
- The ita team
- Aldo vargas
- dark jiros
- Dean k
- If I missed anyone out, no dissrespect meant.
- noBD = can be installed onto a ps3 with no blueray drive and still functions as normal (minus discs)
- noBT = can be installed onto a ps3 with broken Bluetooth/wifi module (bypasses install of Bluetooth fw)
- 4.84 Overflow Standard (CEX) Edition MD5 d793bb1e633910b2ae451c665043645a
- 4.84 Overflow Standard (CEX) noBD Edition MD5 a1ca9820de9c594a89c5beca9c741aa3
- 4.84 Overflow Standard (CEX) noBT Edition MD5 25f3537675a6b2fc89bd54f59d42a0d
As with any CFW installation USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
PS3 4.84 OVERFLOW (STANDARD) CFW + NoBD/NoBT versions (for broken consoles) by Bobby_Downgrades
By STLcardsWS on Feb 16, 2019 at 1:30 PM
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01), the developer has provided a rundown of what has been added and its usage. I am cutting this news off a bit short (for now) as i need some much needed rest, was about to log off and seen habib had posted something. Seen what he had posted so i figured i post something quickword out about his latest advancement.
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - January 2019 Progress Report (+ useful Extras and Tools)A new Year, a new Progress Report begins. Kinda late for March, I know and yes it's not the first time I use this excuse for being such late. But the Team behind this wonderful PS3 Emulator RPCS3 thought about that instead of bringing you a monthly updated Progress Report only this time - which still shows some impressive Progress from each Month if you ask me - they decided that it would be a good start for the first Progress Report of 2019 to release some additional Tools together with the January 2019 Progress Report. So while you can enjoy their Progress for January both down below and on their Blog post (also linked down below), the Team behind RPCS3 teased several Tweets about their additional Achievements they did since the beginning of this year. You want an example? Well, maybe you didn't know about but since RPCS3 also supports a Basic Network Functionality, it will allow you not only to emulate some AAA Game Titles. It can be also useful to emulate other Non-Gaming Applications and various Media Applications as well. So there is no problem at all to watch some Videos using the official YouTube-Applications for PS3 via RPCS3, viewing the newest Episode from you favourite Anime Series on Crunchyroll or why not enjoying a full-length Hollywood Blockbuster on Netflix, for instance. How cool is that?Continue reading
webMAN MOD 1.47.12: New Auto PS2 Config / Support for boot_init.txt (like a "autoexec.bat" script)It appears that developer @aldostools is back in full force currently as we have seen the dev add new support with 4.83/4.84 DEX Support for webMAN MOD. While also Incorporating a few new features into the popular plugin as well. This powerful little plugin contains tons of functionality (feature list below), With this new release of v1.47.12, we now see a couple of fun new features have that have been introduced to the plugin as well.
For nonBC consoles owners, that use the webMAN MOD plugin to load and mount PS2 ISO will be pleased to know that developer Aldostools has added improved support for PS2 Configs with new automation and detection of PS2 Config files, like what we see in @Zar's ManaGunZ backup manager. Also another fun feature with some potential for various uses has been been support for boot_inif.txt, This feature is an automation feature (like a "autoexec.bat" script) that includes support for various commands outlined (see tab below). Some uses Aldostools has outlined have included the ability to backup important files at system boot like Game Saves, Registry Backup, Logs, ect,,, Swap Files, Remap multiple files/folders at startup, System clenup and/or initialization on every boot. For additional details about these newly added features please revert to the corresponding tabs below.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: