PS3 4.85.1 REBUG LITE CFW with new COBRA v8.2 Released

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 27, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 27, 2019 at 12:20 PM
  1. 9,023
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Developer Joonie of Team Rebug has announced today the latest cfw release (following 4.84.2 rex) of the REBUG brand. This is not the iconic REX flavor of PS3 Custom Firmware, which is a hybrid of dex/cex, In order for the creation of REX, the team is dependent and still in search for file's needed for the creation of REX (4.85 DEX PUP). However, they have the LITE version (a CEX based Cobra CFW) ready to go for 4.85 user's seeking a new 4.85 CFW. This is a welcomed update from Team Rebug as the 4.85 PS3 CFW landscape has been a bit light in choices (for 4.85). So having the developer's with one of the best name's in Custom,Firmware development is great to see now as an available option. Also, they have updated the Cobra payload to now version 8.2 & also the Rebug Toolbox has been updated (toolbox addon requires installation in "install package files" pkg is waiting for you there after installing REBUG) You can checkout all the feature's/patche's in the provided list below for this PlayStation 3 Custom FirmWare and then checkout full details/documentation of the release at rebug.me the official website (direct link found at bottom of article).

Also note that 4.85 SPY COBRA CFW has also been a good/stable CFW flavor as well , more details on that release can be Seen here. Also note that SPY Cobra CFW will not be using the latest Cobra v8.2 (without an update) as its debuting here on 4.85.1 REBUG Lite.

Rebug-1.png

• Rebug 4.85.1 LITE – Cobra 8.2 – Toolbox 2.03.03
      (Oct 27th. 2019)

THE LATEST REBUG FIRMWARE BUILD

(We are still looking for providers of DEX OFW for future “REX/D-REX” releases)
      INSTALL ON CEX PS3 SYSTEM

What’s new since 4.84.1 LITE EDITION?

• Stability* (4.85 OFW change)
        • (This system software update improves system performance)
      • REBUG TOOLBOX 2.03.03 MULTI
        • (The latest REBUG TOOLBOX with Multi Language support -16 languages)
      • COBRA 8.2 Updated
        • (Built-in reactPSN feature supported)

FEATURES FOR REBUG LITE EDITION
      • FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
      • FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled
        • (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
      • FEATURE – Package Manager
        • (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
      • INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 02.03.03 Multi
        • (Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)
      • FEATURE – FSELF compatibility
        • (Fake Signed ELF is supported on both CEX and DEX modes.)
      • PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled
        • (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
      • PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check
        • (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
      • PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114
        • (Allow mapping of protected memory)
      • PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks
        • (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
      • PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support
        • (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
      • PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support
        • (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
      • PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1
        • (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
      • PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call
        • (LV2 Syscall 10)
      • PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function
        • (LV2 Syscall 15)
      • PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
      • PATCHED – VSH: Allow HAN Signed EDAT/PKGs
      • PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
      • PATCHED – VSH: Auto unlocks c00 demo contents (Improved patches applied)
      • PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check
        • (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
      • PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
      • FUN FEATURE – In Game Screenshot
        • (Allows taking screenshots in Game)
      • FEATURE – Full Polish support for XMB/PS2 Emu
        • (Provide full Polish character support)
      • FUN FEATURE – Enhanced Remote Play
        • (This unlocks the limitation of working apps/games for remote play, by disabling SFO flag check)
      • FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled
        • (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
      • FEATURE – COBRA 8.2 *UPDATED
        • (Enabled by default )
      • FEATURE – Homebrew store compatibility
        • (Downloading debug signed packages is now available on retail CFW.)
      • FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a
        • (XMB icons for simple CFW tasks available via REBUG TOOLBOX)
      • FEATURE – PSN/SEN Accessibility
        • (PSN /SEN Accessible , until the next OFW update)
      • FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility
        • (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
      • FEATURE – HAN Toolbox Compatibility
        • (HAN Toolbox Support added for testing HAN Signed pkgs on CFW)

Full details & Download @ >> rebug.me

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    esc0rtd3w, sebas5, dazzaXx and 20 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Nameless32
      Nameless32
      can this CFW load plugins from /dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_kernel_nocobra.txt ?
    2. TheBlackHat
      TheBlackHat
      @Joonie
      Some NoBD is needed for many people to play with loops on affected BR readers.
      Anything that can help, do not hesitate to tell me.
      I say this, because recently I had to download a miracle of 4.85 with a damaged reader at 4.82 NoBD and complicated to find a CFW NoBD at 4.84 or 4.85 ;)

And excelent work, you are some cracks :)
      Very Thanks for your continous job :)
      Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    3. aldostools
      aldostools
      @Joonie @habib I have commented out that check in the function load_psx_payload() of psx.c in the build linked below... also included in the PKG the latest Movian Media Player 5.0.612 (deank's fork) and latest Mamba 8.2. Here is a test build if you or other users want to try and give feedback:
      Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kmm98l7rfajhd9h
      esc0rtd3w, Johnnie and Me_TheKing like this.
    4. topantita
      topantita
      awesome great work
    5. Joonie
      Joonie
      Yes

Mamba 8.2 still crashes, (the same happens on stock 4.84.2 REX as well, try getting debug logs I'm sure it will crash on your PS3 too)

Makes me wonder if this is the culprit
      https://pastebin.com/tMZdvJ36
      https://github.com/aldostools/Mamba/blob/master/stage2/main.c#L804

@SpyroMancer try the pkg to see if your PSX issue is fixed.
      Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
      aldostools and Me_TheKing like this.
    6. must5llx
      must5llx
      Is there a port of cobra 8.2 for 4.84.2 Rex?
    7. SpyroMancer
      SpyroMancer
      esc0rtd3w, STLcardsWS, Joonie and 4 others like this.
    8. aldostools
      aldostools
      Thank Joonie for your feedback. That code have been there since early versions of Mamba/Cobra 7.x. Also IRISMAN not longer use syscall 8 for Skie payload.

I suspect that the crash that you mention could be related to the memory allocated in mappath.c. It pre-allocates all the slots and they were increased to 32 to match the number of slots used in early versions of PS3HEN.
      https://github.com/aldostools/Mamba/blob/master/stage2/mappath.c#L15

Unfortunately I don't know when I will have free time to check this issue.
      Me_TheKing, esc0rtd3w and Thekiit like this.
    9. rogerclarkejr
      rogerclarkejr
      How do you install this new cfw? i tried over ofw 4.85 and i get a "The data is corrupted. (8002F957)" error at about 72%. Thanks!
    10. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      You should do a bit of research first and foremost, to see if your PS3 is compatible with CFW. From there, if it is you still need to install HFW and then use the flash writer (if your console is compatible). It's not as simple as just installing CFW over an unmodified system.
    11. sebastianyyz
      sebastianyyz
      You cannot install cfw over ofw, follow the tutorial related to cfw to make it work. You need to check if you console is compatible with cfw, otherwise you may brick it.
    12. Joonie
      Joonie
      That's weird though, it also crashes with older mamba 7.2 (taken from Managunz 1.37 which works well and hasn't been updated since 2016), there's a slight change in modulespatch but that was just due to an additional FW support.

https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ/tree/master/payloads/MAMBA/stage2
      aldostools and Me_TheKing like this.
    13. Eagle_916
      Eagle_916
      Can anyone explain to me or give me a tutorial on how the (Built-in reactPSN feature supported) works with PS2 game titles? I am supposed to be getting my PS3 back today. I loaned it to a friend of mine and I really wanna try some PS2 PKG Titles when I get it back after work!

Thank you,

Eagle_916
    14. Louis Garry
      Louis Garry
      Installing PSN PS2 games and rap files,
      go to [PlayStation™Network] > [Sign In]
      go to [Account Management] > [System Activation] > [PS3 System] > select [Game] > [Activate]

PSN PS2 game is ready to play.
    15. Eagle_916
      Eagle_916
      Hello Louis Garry:

I followed your directions and I was able to activate my Act.dat. I know Liberator still has the bug where it will not Liberate all PS2 pkg files correctly all of the time. For the ones that do work, however, if you Liberate the pkg with the rap and then install it Rebug will work and it will actually create a rif file from the pkg and load the game. The only time this will not work is when Liberator screws up. I have not tried yet but I think I have a way around this. I am going to try and save the Liberated files before Liberator makes them back into a package and try and make my own package again. I will see if this works. Liberator messed up and because of this one of my Liberated pkg files did not install correctly and canceled out making a corrupted install pkg. I will let everyone know if this worked or not. I have to turn in got to be at work in less than six hours.

Thank you,

Eagle_916
    16. hojnikb
      hojnikb
      Anyone had issues with PSN?

When updating to 4.85.1 i tried going to psn. I obviously patched it with sen enabler beforehand but was immediately banned when logging in.
      Is sony putting down the ban hammer or did i mess something up?
      Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    17. pinky
      pinky
      you'll know if your banned, because a message will pop us saying the account or system has been suspended.
    18. LiGHTaz
      LiGHTaz
      If somebody like myself want to return original blue OFW icon theme here's what I made.

According to wiki page I've replaced icons, images and boot logo with OFW 4.85 ones.

'tex_psn_big.gim' inside the 'explore_plugin_full.rco' was replaced with the one from FERROX 4.84 CFW by Alexander because there's no such icon in OFW.

Tested on my console and works fine. If you want to return red REBUG icon theme there are backed up files from REBUG 4.85.1 LITE CFW (or you may just reflash CFW).

To change icon theme enable /dev_flash write access, replace all files from archive in /dev_blind folder and reboot PS3.

Attached Files:

sandungas likes this.
    19. Louay
      Louay
      just
      • copy *.rco files from decrypted ofw 4.85 pup (/dev_flash/vsh/resource)
      • mount dev_blind fr write permission using webMan or
      • mount to dev_rebug using Rebug toolbox and replace all rco in /dev_rebug/vsh/resource
      Coldheart2236 and notmeabug like this.
    20. dustind900
      dustind900
      CECH2101A. Tried to update from spy 4.85 update shot to 40% immediately then errored out at 77%. Got stuck in update loop. I tried to reboot recovery thought update might work. I was wrong, failed again at 77% rebooted and it hasn't powered on since.

Unit will power on with no HDD and give no storage error. If I put the HDD back in the system powers off immediately with 3 beeps and flashing red light. Tried putting in a different HDD but same result. Sadly I think my nor got wiped.

I do not have a flasher and my original dump was accidentally deleted (didn't find that out till after ). Is there anything that can be done or should I just toss it in the trash?

Also I have another PS3, and I have backed up files from this broken PS3. Can I JB the other PS3 and copy the backup to the new system? Not an actual backup from settings but copied folders (home, game, savedata, and registry file.)
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2019