4.85 Overflow Cobra 8.01 v5 - can't play any ps2 disc based game

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Estox, Sep 14, 2019.

1. 106
    Estox

Estox Member

Hey my friends,

I recently got my 'new' CECHB00 from japan, and like all PS3's it got to be hacked. So sadly after the removal of 4.84 ps3xploit I have to use the 4.85 and loose my beloved 4.84 rebug :( im very disapointed with overflow's v5. No cobra 8.1, an extrem strange cold boot. Man so sad they removed 4.84 tools, rebug rex is just god like.

But the most anyoing fact is, that it now does not starts any of my disc based ps2 games anymore. What did I do wrong? Is It because of cobra, is it always activated? Rebug switches between cobra mode for ps2 iso and original ps3 emulation when starting ps2 discs. It seems overflow always starts cobra and we all know cobra does not support disc boot.

Wich firmware would you pref over overflows v5 or is there any easy way and with low risk of brick to get 4.84 back? Don't know why they remove it and don't let 4.84 up to that day mostly important homebrews and firmwares are updated :/ I mean 4.85 at this day is only usefull for pirates, allll the cool stuff isn't updated jet.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. 5,910
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Just enable QA flag, install Rebug 4.84.2 REX and use SEN Enabler to spoof to 4.85. Then us got all your features back and PSN access. We might have a update to Cobra as aldos added some new features. While not in Rebug they are in his port of Mamba.

Algol and Estox like this.
  3. 106
    Estox

Estox Member

How can I enable QA on overflow? Its my first time using other than Rebug. In rebug I always activated QA in the toolbox. When QA is activated, Im able to just install 4.84 over XMB or do I have to make any other step? I don't like to brick my japanese B model.

Can I still use Habib-QA_Toggle-4.21+(standalone) .pkg or is it obsolet?

4. 1,978
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    I think Rebug Toolbox let's your QA Flag your machine, even with Overflow.

I tested it once, with Rebug Toolbox, if Overflow supported QA Flag from Rebug,so as far as i know it does, without the need of Habib QA Flag PKG,but that was sometime ago.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Estox likes this.
  5. 106
    Estox

Estox Member

mhmh okay. Is there anything where I can see if it was sucsessfully flagged? I have the fear that it failed, I don't get it, install 4.84 and brickt myconsole.

####UPDATE####

Found the soulution in here:

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/4...rom-4-85-ofw-to-4-85-hfw-to-a-4-85-cfw.26209/

Can I install a CFW before 4.85, such as Rebug 4.84 or an earlier CFW?
    • Yes, however you must Toggle QA Flag. Once the Token is activated you have the ability to then freely jump CFW versions. (see below for details)
      • How do I Toggle QA Flag?
      • When on a CFW download & install >>> QA TOGGLER (Standalone), (Note: Will just show a black screen then reboot the PS3 and returns to xmb. A Restart is Required. After toggling QA, cfw syscalls will be disabled (meaning your CFW patches will be disabled until the next boot, so a reboot is required after the Toggler exits back to the XMB.) Additional Info about Q/A flag can be seen here ( & also @ PS3Devwiki)

Should i use the "999 Downgrader" vs "Toggle QA" to install a different CFW from an earlier firmware?
    • NO, installing the "999 downgrader" PUP can cause various issues like on a 3.56 minver console, it can brick the console, simply just Toggle the Q/A Flag (see above question) and play it safe and is so simple to move from CFW versions (up and down from version to version) once toggled (and you only have to do it your console ONE time with togging Q/A Flag and its set for lifespan of console)

6. 53
    PolybiusOfficial

PolybiusOfficial Forum Noob

undefined
    The Habib-QA_Toggle, you can use it.

RebugToolbox QA Flag option is not working on Overflow (I tested it-.)