PS3 4.86 FERROX COBRA (v8.20) Custom Firmware by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 13, 2020.

By STLcardsWS on Apr 13, 2020 at 7:20 PM
  1. 9,628
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

As the 4.86 OFW update has the PS3 developer cranking out updates, we now have a couple Custom Firmware choices for capable PS3 models (to know if your PS3 model can install a CFW, simply load the exploits page of bguerville PS3 Toolset in your PS3 Browser, more info here) Its good having two well known developer's release CFW's since the 4.86 OFW update .

First we had @Joonie (of team rebug & hfw developer) release 4.86 REBUG LITE, now we have another known Custom Firmware developer in @Alexander with the release of 4.86 FERROX COBRA.
    this cobra cfw comes with v8.20 of the payload and contains the usual tweaks in the FERROX brand . For those of you new to this CFW you can view some of the features listed below, the developer offer's some additional XMB mods that can be found in the source link provided below wi6th instructions in how to install. ​

ferrox2017.png

• 4.86 FERROX COBRA
      Didn't you think we were giving you a hole ..? The PS3 is not yet dead, in fact we have a new Firmware as you know, the 4.86. And I think it's not even the last ..

As always, we do our job for the community, releasing the Cybermodding Custom Firmware, the good old FERROX . Here we are to present you the new CFW FERROX 4.86 , with integrated COBRA 8.20 functions.

We know that developer Aldo Vargas ( @aldostools ) is working on a new version of COBRA, so it is not excluded that there will be other revisions of our FERROX too.
      Speaking of the CFW in question. There are no improvements in the system.
      It is practically equal to 4.85.​

FEATURES OF THE CFW:
      • Built on the basis of the OFW 4.86 S * NY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
      • Ability to Update from OFW 3.55 and original Firmware 4.86 [with PS3Xploit - compatible consoles only]
      • Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - COBRA Patches added 8.20
      • FEATURE - New optional look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
      • FEATURE - PS2 Games Compatibility.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility PSP games in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Console affected by RSOD.
      • FEATURE - Keys 4.85 to start games signed with keys 4.86
      • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
      • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • FEATURE - Added display of Temperatures in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove LV2 Protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: CoreOS Hash Check patched to prevent Brick on non-dehashed Downgradate Consoles.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message on Boot.
      • PATCH - CINAVIA Protection Completely disabled.

Download: 4.86 FERROX COBRA
    MD5 : 63937bb8dbb900b3f5be17f91d8c57c4

Source & Additional (XMB Mods for FERROX) @: Cybermodding.it

4.86 CFW / Updated Exploits / Homebrew / Plugins : psx-place.com

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    dalja46, rocknard, Alexander and 12 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 13, 2020.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Thanks @Alexander and also for the heads up @LizZo . Hope everone over there at Cybermodding is doing well.
    2. PS.Patriot
      PS.Patriot
      Very powerful . Thanks
    3. unkupo
      unkupo
      Amazing, now just a Nobd version and I'm good to go
    4. reiza72
      reiza72
      Thanks! We are are doing alright, hopefully this outbreak pandemic will be gone soon for everyone. Take care everybody end #StayAtHome :)
      erfanoteworthy and Louis Garry like this.
    5. erfanoteworthy
      erfanoteworthy
      Can ps3 superslim instal this custom firmware?
    6. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      No, no PS3 model beyond certain slim 25XXX versions can install custom firmware. A minimum factory firmware of 3.56 or below is required to install CFW, and so no super slim PS3s are compatible. You can still use HEN however.
    7. flowlapache
      flowlapache
      Wouhou! great news! Thanks Alexander to keep it up to date!
    8. iconboot
      iconboot
      Huge thanks to Alexander for getting everything :tears of joy:
    9. Karim Wael
    10. PS.Patriot
      PS.Patriot
      Believe me i prefer HEN way over all CFW , because it is secure & faster .
    11. BitesZaDusto
      BitesZaDusto
      Nice! Thank you!
      Only one question: I have my CECHA01 PS3 running 4.86 Ferrox CFW and it doesn't boot PS2's disc-based backups (They were working perfectly in rebug cfw). Is the ps2_emu patched and I'm doing something wrong or maybe it doesn't support that function?
      Thanks!
    12. Gio Tsomp
      Gio Tsomp
      is compatibility with all ps3 version?
    13. aldostools
      aldostools
      No. Only fat models and slim models that allow min firmware 3.56 and lower.

Super slims and slim models 25xx with min firmware 3.60 and higher require PS3HEN.
      SerpentR, Algol and Gio Tsomp like this.
    14. Doug Amu
      Doug Amu
      Cargue el HFW 4.86 y me sale RSOD alguien sabe como solucionar eso?
    15. 064
      me podrian ayudar ? mi ps3 fat tiene la pantalla roja! y segun instalar un cfw es la solucion... es cierto?
    16. Abbod
      Abbod
      I have question, plz help me .
      I am on 4.82 ferrox and I've lost my "install pkg files". If I install this CFW, will I restore the "install pkg files" ??
    17. Louay
      Louay
      Of Course every CFW have Package Manager with it :)
    18. Abbod
      Abbod
      Thank you very much ❤️