Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN 80028F17 error and 50hz on NTSC games...

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by racompave, Apr 25, 2018.

1. 1
    racompave

racompave Forum Noob

Hi.

I'm getting that code error after making a multidisc pkg of the NTSC version of Final Fantasy VIII. After that I tried to convert the first CD only and the game boots properly but is slowed down from 60hz to 50. Any clues?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Just tried RE3: NEMESIS today and is slowed down too, this is very fustrating cause a couple of days ago I converted Final Fantasy X for PS2 with 0 problems, right speed, no boot errors...

Steps that I followed for conversion of RE3:

1- Convert BIN/ISO to EBOOT.PBP with PSX2PSP Classic Mode ( LVL 1 compression)
    2- Make ISO.BIN.DAT by opening EBOOT.PBP with make_psone_classic_metadata.exe
    3- Make ISO.BIN.EDAT executing following command in the console:
    make_npdata -e ISO.BIN.DAT ISO.BIN.EDAT 1 1 1 0 16 3 00 UP9000-SLUS00923_00-0000000000000001 5
    4-Replace ICON0 and PIC1 in template with my custom images
    5-Place ISO.BIN.EDAT in template folder/USRDIR and EBOOT.PBP in template folder/USRDIR/CONTENT
    6-Rename template folder to match my game TITLE ID
    7-Modify PARAM.SFO in the main folder with PARAM.SFO EDITOR, in this screen I just modify the title ID with the one of my game and I select 480p/480p(16:9), 576p/576p(16:9).
    8-Place the modified template folder in the GAME folder of TrueAncestor_PKG_Repacker, and execute repacker.exe (options:1 and 1)
    9-Grab PKG from PKG folder and resign it with resigner 2.0
    10- Use xampp+pkg linker to transfer the game.

Could this be caused because my PS3 is European? And I'm trying to play an American version of a game? (I refuse to play the PAL butchered version)

UPDATE 2: Well... After spending several hours this evening doing a little research, I came to the conclussion that the PS1 internal emulator of PAL PS3 consoles is exclusively designed to display games at 50hz, it has nothing to do with the applied conversion method. It doesn't make any sense at all because you can play NTSC PS2 games without any kind of problem, the PS2 emulator displays games at his expected refresh rate. I'm pretty sure lots of people is having this exact same problem, and it seems there is currently no way to fix it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. 1
    Flared

Flared Member

hello, I found this post on the net because I am doing your same operations and in these days I got a lot of information about the ps1 emulation on ps2 and ps3 for the 50 Hz and 60 Hz frequencies.
    Let's begin:
    1) Converted games like PSOne Classics multi-disc that can be FFVIII and FFIX exceed the allowed file size limit as EBOOT.PBP (Legend of Dragoon reaches 2156 Mb and works, so I think 2.2GB (?) Is the limit?) And you will receive an error 80028F17 always.
    2) For FFVIII PAL PSN set the PARAM.SFO to 480 not 480 (16: 9), then start a title like ISO NTSC in order to set the video mode at 60 Hz, then start FFVIII PSN and magically the clock will be at 60 Hz (tested and tried)
    3) If you need to convert from ISO to PSOne Classics you have to set the compression method to 0 for PSX2PSP. Set an NTSC serial (SLUSXXXXX or SCUSXXXXX) to be able to start it at 60 Hz (tested and tried)
    4) To force an ISO PAL at 60 Hz just start an ISO NTSC, load an ISO PAL from webMAN mod or sMAN by typing the IP address of the console in the browser, restore the game from the menu by pressing PS button and the ISO will be forced to 60 Hz