8002F1F9

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by BeaterEngineering, Aug 21, 2019.

1. 33
    BeaterEngineering

BeaterEngineering Forum Noob

I tried to update to 4.84 OFW in my PS3 with no Bluetooth function. I don't know that It can cause a problem, the update loop. Is there a way to fix this? Please, help me I'm just new in this scene.

2. 33
    BeaterEngineering

Please, can anyone Help me about this issue :(

3. 161
    Fedor Wearing A Fedora

Fedor Wearing A Fedora Member

4. 33
    BeaterEngineering

5. 6,952
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    What model ps3 do you have?

This is a real shame tbh. The thing is it would be so simple for Sony to fix if they wanted to. All they would need to do is make a small change to the way a PUP installs so they skip BD/BT FW updates if the device has an issue.

Who knows, if they did it OFW noBD users might just buy some PSN games, so it's Win/Win really!

Would it be worth starting a petition? As its so late in the life cycle of PS3 maybe it would be worth it. :-D

6. 364
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

PS3 is obsolete hardware according to Sony and it won't give an ounce of attention to it.

Thankfully noBD fw are already available.

Does PS4 has same problem? fw upgrade problems if hardware is bad like bad BD drive or Bluetooth module?

7. 12,016
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I believe so, yes, firmware won't install. someone made a nobd firmware for 4.74 iirc. since both 4.55 and 5.05 are victims of the same exploit, payloads should work. I don't know that much about how that came to be and why that specific firmware version.

8. 33
    BeaterEngineering

PS3 SLIM CECH-3012 . . . I don't know if it's WORTH IT.

9. 5,818
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

@BeaterEngineering Is mostly the same that was discussed here:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/s...t-loop-error-8002f1f9-help.23236/#post-200256

The firmware installer does a check to he wifi/bt controller (a chip) to know his revision and software version
    The chip doesnt replyes with the needed info, so the firmware installation is interrupted before completed
    And this push you into an error loop... you dont have a firmware installed, and you cant install a firmware

A solution is what someone mentioned in the other thread... use a clamp (or whatever) to add pressure on top of it... sometimes this works long enought to allow you to complete the firmware installation, after that you can remove the clamp and NEVER INSTALL A FIRMWARE EVER AGAIN (as you can imagine this is hard to achieve, is not a solution because eventually you will need to install a new firmware)
    The other experiment you can try is to reflow it with hot air to try to resolder it... is mostly he same than the clamp, but incase it works is a permanent fix and is good

But... what i said above will work only if the problem is caused by a damaged solder ball or copper pad... and is not usual
    If the problem is caused by a component inside the wifi/bt module what i said above will not work at all

---------
    Other thing you can try is what i said in the other thread... repeat the firmware installation hundreds of times, eventually the wifi/bt could start working and you win the lottery

10. 33
    BeaterEngineering

Oh, I see. I'll try all these methods. Thank you.

11. 5,818
    sandungas

Incase what i said doesnt works (in other words, the problem is not caused by the solders), then there is something a bit more advanced you can try, but is needed a solder iron and a multimeter

The wifi/bt module have a metal interference shield on top covering most/all of the module
    That metal shield is soldered in the corners to ground
    You need to touch the metal shield at the corners with the solder iron to melt the tin
    Then remove the metal shield with tweezers (dont touch it with your fingers because the whole metal shield is going to be very hot)

After opened... you are going to realize it have a few components inside (i dont remember the exact number of each):
    -A couple of chips (of the size of a bean)
    -4 resistors
    -4 capacitors

Is something like that... and thats all
    The chips are hard to check... and cant be repaired... so incase the chip is faulty then is better to replace the module entirelly
    But the resistors and capacitors can be checked with a multimeter, are simple components and can be replaced

Maybe you are lucky and you can identify visually which one is damaged (maybe there is an small resistor with burning marks)

*Edit:
    If someone does this removal of the metal shield of a wifi/bt module please post a good photo of his internal components here in the forum

12. 364
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

Is there a "no bt/wifi controller" cfw ?? Like that no bd cfw.

A no bt cfw shouldn't be too hard to make for developers? Is it?

13. 5,818
    sandungas

Basically... is needed to remove the wifi/bt PKG inside the PS3UPDAT.PUP with the "MFW builder"
    The risky thing is the first time you install it (incase the PUP is not well made you can brick), so imo this should be made only by people that have a flasher installed because they can recover the brick incase something went wrong

But he have a CECH-30xx, so this is not an option because he cant install CFW's :(

snkplkn likes this.
  14. 364
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

ok.

I guess some cfw developer groups can work on this. They have developed no BD fw which is a great thing for old PS3s where BD drives have died.

15. 33
    BeaterEngineering

so, there's no "no BD/WIFI Hen" yet? I hope, someday, all of these amazing programmers will be able to develop it :)

16. 12,016
    pinky

nobd requires lv 1 and 2 patches, so it may never happen. there may be a way around that, but who knows.

17. 33
    BeaterEngineering

Ohhh.. I don't know that it's complicated. Well, I'm just new in this scene.

pinky likes this.
  18. 5,818
    sandungas

HEN is not a firmware. You would need an "HFW 4.85 noBT/wifi", but actually is imposible to create it
    And i mean... is imposible nowadays, and most probbly never will be posible, so dont hold hope for it because most probably is not going to happen ever

The best you can do is either get a solder iron and have some fun with it (taking the risk of damaging the PS3 even more)... or send the PS3 to repair

19. 33
    BeaterEngineering

Yes, I'll take my PS3 to a repair shop this incoming weekend. I think it's better to repair it instead of taking a risk.

20. 12,016
    pinky

the biggest hurdle is probably the lv1 patches. I think hen has access to lv2, but not lv1. though, I don't know if either would be possible, since the system is kinda sandboxed while updating.

you may want to make sure on price. some of those repair shops charge quite a bit (more than the system is worth).