A Couple Vita Questions

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by pinky, Feb 5, 2018.

1. 11,170
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

does anyone know if saves and dlc are interchangeable between retail and digital?

also, where are decrypted saves located? I thought it was the ux0:/user/00/savedata folder, where it's supposed to be, but I ran into a problem. I'm trying to find an encrypted version of my tales of hearts r save (thought it was backed up by save manager on ux0).

first: the game seems to have two title ids for saves. one is for the North American release; the other is for the European one. I believe the only one that needs to be changed is the European one despite being a NA release. however, the same saves are in both folders. if I delete the game, the NA save remains, but the European one is deleted.

the save seems to be in yet another place - the rincheat folder inside of the data folder (I think) on the root of ux0. this save folder's title id is to the NA version. it seems to have a lot of 0's in it, so I'm assuming it's to decrypted. this does not have the pfs folder. the save folder in the ux0/user/00/savedata folder seems to have a lot of data in it (not 0'd); plus, it contains the pfs folder. games and dlc don't since it's bypassed to allow them to work, but saves have them???

if I copy over the save (the European one) or both the NA and the European ones, then delete the game, back it up again, and try the game, the game says that the data is corrupted and the game refuses to boot. wtf is going on here? I may have to leave the game decrypted because of this.

also, I still can;t get nonpdrm to generate a fake license from the dlc I bought. I no longer have those licenses, and there's no way I'm signing into psn. plus, the account is banned, so it's not like I could anyway. :-/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. 11,170
    pinky

I think the reason for the save being in the rinCheat folder (ux0:data/rinCheat) is due to it being from the same dev (riinCheat and save managers). the save is duplicated within, there's a title id_\savedata and title id_savedata_slot0. rinCheat must be a temo folder. both files seem to be the same - lots of 0's. hmm ...

3. 2,061
    Berion

Berion Developer

No. There are encrypted which games using. Decrypted by Save Backup Manager are drop to somewhere in "ux0:/data/" (I don't remember now, but for sure You will find them there). I don't using rinCheat so I don't know if this app even have such option.

This depend on title. Some recognize all from the same region, some not. If You have in mind making hack I believe it's possible as they are the same, just in different path.

pinky likes this.
  4. 11,170
    pinky

I figured that would be the case, but I don't understand why the encrypted saves don't work with the encrypted version of the game. I copied the saves to my computer before deleting the decrypted version of the game, and then ripping the encrypted version. the game constantly says that the data is corrupt and the game fails to boot. :-/

I'm not sure if the dlc works. does it still require a license to be made into nonpdrm? I lost the license somehow. also, how long does it take to dump the license for dlc? I only booted the game for a couple seconds, just to see if the save worked.

5. 11,170
    pinky

we have success with the saved game. I updated to save manager 0.8. it has an option to import saves. apparently, decrypting the save involves creating a fake patch that directs the eboot to a save file in the data folder. I just changed the name of the folder to reflect where it looks. also, you need to press circle to get out of the app, not the home button, or it will redirect you to the save manager. now, I'm going to see if I can get this dlc to work.

6. 11,170
    pinky

I figured out the problem with dlc and nonpdrm. mai dump tool removed the package folder, so there's no longer a work.bin (no longer a way to generate the fake license). it basically ruined the dlc. I have a work around though. ;)

7. 11,170
    pinky

I had to use nps browser to grab the dlc since mai dump destroyed the dlc I had bought. plus, my account is banned, so I can't redownload it. I don't dare go online anymore though (not that I did much anyway) after my ps3 was banned. :(