A little treat I made for PSX Place: Showtime Stealth Altered Beast for PSN

Discussion in 'Movian Media Center (PS3)' started by PatrickBatman, Sep 18, 2015.

1. 39
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Forum Noob

So this is Movian (Showtime) 4.9.424 stealthed as Altered Beast PSN so if you're like me you don't have to delete showtime from XMB every time you get online. If you're feeling really rebellious you can use it while online and it'll show as Altered Beast (although it's not recommended to run homebrew while online). So basically for noobs this is like stealth multiMAN but for Showtime.

Download:
    http://mightyupload.com/yac9xhav1blj/NPUB30459_StealthShowtime_AlteredBeast.rar.html

Enjoy!
    PatBat

2. 7,606
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    You don't need to delete showtime when you going online. :) But thanks for stealth, is always better.

But remember to NEVER run homebrew even stealthed when you are online!

3. 39
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Forum Noob

I used to never delete it but since i've read many times to delete all homebrew off the XMB (except stealth applications, even PSN patch is stealthed) I decided to make this and regardless if this holds true or not it makes perfect sense to have your XMB as close to possible as OFW and since you can't install showtime on OFW that's my reasoning behind it. I also never run homebrew online hence why i said, "although it's not recommended to run homebrew while online" some people do, even though they shouldn't. I was just saying if they did it would show as Altered Beast.

4. 39
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Forum Noob

I didn't realize 4.9.424 wasn't the latest version of Showtime/Movian, so I've updated this to the 4.10.14 version. I realize 4.10.30 is currently the latest version, however upon testing it (4.10.30) after running the stealth version one time it would be forced under the TV/Video Services XMB category with its named changed back to "Movian". The latest version not to force/unstealth itself was the release right before 4.10.30, 4.10.14 (luckily). The only difference between these two is that 4.10.30 improved bittorrent streaming stability and if I had to wager I bet most ps3 users didn't even realize there are bittorrent functions within Movian (Showtime).

As a bonus I've also included "Alex Kidd in Miracle World" stealth version as well. So now you can switch between Alex Kidd & Altered Beast if your heart desires to be even more Solid Snake stealthy.

Movian (Showtime) 4.10.14 Stealth (Alex Kidd in Miracle World & Altered Beast):
    http://mightyupload.com/rpwb8ek37k5...H-4.10.14_(AlexKidd_&_Altered_Beast).rar.html

(PS The OP link is still fine to use and is only an older version of Movian [Showtime])

5. 80
    theultimategamer

theultimategamer

Whats Miracle World and Altered beast?

6. 39
    ka69

ka69

:old:

[video=youtube;Rb9haoWT5js]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb9haoWT5js[/video]

[video=youtube;rJx-qIqWRuo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJx-qIqWRuo[/video]

master system and megadrive/arcade games

7. 80
    theultimategamer

theultimategamer

LOL ok but whats that got to with movian exactly?

8. 8,979
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

"Read Many times".. I have as well, but i will tell you of my experience and i will let you decide from there :) but it will counteract what you read/.

I have been using PSN since the 3.41 days. I have original Console details and IDs. (never changed). I have not even spoofed a different console ID or anything like that. The most i have done is use PSNpatch or Sen ENabler (CFW syscalls disable or Spoofs).

When RetroXMB was being tested. I was stress testing the XMB (for lag on XMB and/or FTP/File managers from to many items installed (this before PSNpatch and CFW syscall disabling BTW) ).. I had about 500 icons at least on my XMB .So if having a polluted XMB did not get me banned from my many logins, was it really (for others) the reason why some had a ban? or was someone just saying it and it made sense to others and someone said "ohh that must be it!!!!" conclusion was made... How much stock can one put in to that talk, that i have seen many times as well?
    Is it based on fact or theory? or some facts with some educated guesses? That is best we can get theory with some facts behind it as we simply do not know what and how a ban triggers we have good ideas and some better then others/ . IMO one of the biggest things was CFW syscalls as that has seemed to curb alot of bans (something that Sony should even like), but not all bans have stopped, but in alot of those cases, the true facts are not ever known (did someone use homebrew online when perhaps the owners of the console did not even know.) Just too many unknowns for others to say this and this does not work.

My advice is respect the network and when online, use it the same way as OFW console would. It has worked for me. So that's all i can say, but does sure differ from what others have stated, like some of the things you have read, right? So, I ask you does anyone know what they are talking about (even me)? I will however say my judgement did comes with actual real examples rather then theory.

9. 12,149
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

spoofing a game is what ds flash carts do, but ap doesn't involve that. usually, the game tries to write a file to the flash clip of the game. the file is intentionally too large to store there, but its purpose is to see if the file is successfully written; if so, ur using a flash cart of some sort. I do remember deank saying he believed that was the way sony was able to detect cfw. a flag may be placed on the system somewhere which puts u up for a ban at some point. I know such a flag is placed on 360s, and there was a way to detect it via an app. of course, the 360 method of determining, at least jtag/rgh/rjtag, is looking at ur kv (key vault) which contains all the pertinent information about ur console. if the security layers r removed, u can't access live at all. the way around this was to send ur 360's kv to another server which would in turn send a fresh kv to microsoft's server. however, u have to pay a ridiculous amount for that...$30 or so a day. I had read that service had made tens of thousands from that, so there must be a lot of idiots out there. who'd pay that!?

10. 12,149
    pinky

btw, 3ds is now looking at game headers to determine if legit as the hack(s) r not built into the system nand itself. the wii-u may be the same. however, a lot of headers r removed to make games smaller as well as remove saving restrictions since saves r encrypted with the game's header. and, I think that it's unique to the game cartridge itself. online headers may be different in that regard. anyway, that's a new way of discovering if ur using a backup or a hacked system. also, in terms of the wii, I don't believe there was any way for Nintendo to know for sure considering one ios is loaded into memory at one time. I believe that's what fail0verflow meant about its software being very fragile. anyway, just posting the method(s) used on other consoles...at least what's been discovered.

11. 39
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Forum Noob

If you don't get online and use PSN ever, you don't need to worry about it. But to put this simply, it's supposed to make Sony (PSN) think you're playing/have on XMB an official PSN game (like Altered Beast) rather than Movian which is homebrew and not allowed on OFW. So you can have Movian on XMB (disguised as Altered Beast or Alex Kidd) while you are online. As STLcards was basically saying some people think different things in terms of what is and what is not safe when going online with your PS3, but the truth is nobody really knows except Sony employees who work in that department. So basically this is a "better safe, than sorry" approach.

The best course of action (when we don't exactly know what is safe) is to assume everything ISN'T safe unless OFW owners can use it. So if you're on PSN and Sony is looking at your PS3 (assuming they can see, yet again we don't know) they'll see Altered Beast (or Alex Kidd if you chose that, only one is needed. I included both so thousands of people aren't seen playing Altered Beast all the time, which would be unusual since it's a very old game) an approved OFW game instead of Movian unapproved homebrew.

If you've heard of multiMAN stealth it's basically the same concept. Also while we used to think it was safe to actually run these stealth programs while online, it's not. So if you're online (PSN) you don't want to run Movian stealth or any homebrew whatsoever (do this is before getting online). Stealth now basically is for if Sony can check what's on your XMB and see the Movian name/icon AND check the file directory and see a title ID (NPEB12345 for example) that doesn't belong to any official Sony game or app. It stealths this as well and instead of using Movian's title id it uses Altered Beast, Alex Kidd or whatever pkg it was stealthed as.

12. 12,149
    pinky

I personally believe sony is looking at factors that r not so easily changeable. the ds flash carts, for example, spoofed game names and ids, but that didn't save them from the 3ds update that determined if a flash clip existed for the flash cart. if there's no partition for saving, ur likely using a flash card which is what all of their ap defenses involved. most carts didn't have them, because they didn't need them. thus, most were rendered obsolete. though, there's a way to fix it with a cia file, but u must own a 3ds flash cart in order to do that. sony/microsoft want people to go legit, so simple renamings r likely to dissuade people from doing so if the game(s) exist on their system. if u were to go legit on a 360, all xbla/dlc would be read as corrupted data. the same is true of the 3ds in which uncoupling ur real nand from the original emunand (a mirror image) results in all dlc/3dsware/dsiware being deleted as it's read as corrupted if u go into system settings. it's the same problem only it's deleted instead of resting on the drive. what I personally believe is happening is that certain game eboots r trying to use the same ap measure as the ds - write a file too large for the "flash clip" or writing it to a destination not accessible; if successful, a flag is placed on ur system to be banned at a later time. now, the 360 does this, and systems will be banned in waves. this doesn't seem to be the case ("banned in waves") with the ps3. the flag could even be a shadow of the eboot ap to determine if u've gone legit. the point being - sony/microsft/nintendo want people to go legit rather than just banning them immediately which could be the reason for a flag and in turn banning at a later date. I do remember sony issuing a statement saying something to the effect: "ofw users will receive the most benefit from psn." it was something like that to goat people into installing ofw. though, most should be grateful for psn access at all. u can't access xbla with a jtag/rgh/rjtag unless u redirect from another server which costs around $30/day. the problem rests with removing security or security sectors whether it be the kv or a game. u can't readd them since we don't know how in order to read as ofw. with the ps3, u can, obviously, to some degree. that's most likely due to sony arrogance and their disbelief of the ps3 being cracked. they had no backup plan. thus, they're using what little they can to catch cfw users. that would explain y some have been on cfw for years with no banning and some have been banned immediately. the ps3 is designed to allow very little access probably even to sony otherwise there'd be a security loophole that could be exploited. that's the main reason I believe that they're going by something very simple.

13. 12,149
    pinky

oh, and by simple I mean going by what's easiest to detect. that's what most companies would do. the ps3 is a system of spoofs. u spoof what's in the drive with bd mirror, u spoof what's on the hard disk with gamedata tool, u spoof ur firmware to access psn. ignore all that, allow a game to do something to the system while loaded that it wouldn't normally do. for example, if u create a theme pkg, it'll install to the theme folder without u having to give it a designation. the system's restrictions when it comes to what a game can or can't do r an example of that. going by the forcedinstall cmd of pkg files - u can force an install anywhere on the drive, but the base folder is restricted by what a pkg can or can't install to. u can't install to a base folder that doesn't normally exist much like u can't write a file to one that shouldn't exist.

14. 3,107
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

VSH keeps uploading those community files every 5 mins and I can pull the log from cobra's debug output.

Keep that in mind OFW users cannot even mess with those history/community files so I just leave them as is, if being as close as OFW users is the ultimate way to go online, even deleting history/community files is not even close to OFW way of going online.

However I keep my profiles separate and my online profile does not have any history of any homebrew being launched, although I have not confirmed that if PS3 sends the information of all contents that were installed on XMB or not, [not meaning the history of app launch].

Anyhow, I do not think SONY has a filtering system for those "flagged" apps otherwise we all have been banned already once or twice. [not to mention I had at least 8 bans until 2013].

The only game I noticed that had a detection for CFW was COD/BO2, I got insta-ban for lv2peek/poke (syscall6/7) enabled back then. After disabling syscalls then it was fine.

Nowadays, CCAPI has its own lv2peek/poke, so it became even more cheat friendly due to its ability to peek/poke after disabling syscall 6/7/8/9/10.

I really hate all those whiners complaining about PSNPatch/CCAPI not working bla bla bla... to be honest they all should be banned [are you listening SONY?]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  15. 12,149
    pinky

the 360 has those histories as well injected into the profile. u can even examine them if u hack ur profile. what's really messed up with the 360 is the fact that some homebrew have achievements. in fact, the snes one has an achievement for just fast forwarding. wtf!?

edit: though, it doesn't matter much since a fully hacked system can't access xbla. however, if u were to go legit, ur profile wouldn't be affected, so ms would still see that u've used a homebrew. that kinda rests on my assertion that whatever sony/ms/nintendo is looking at is something that wouldn't be visible if legit; after all, that's what they want. I mean what if u were using ur profile on someone else's system? I'd think profile bans would be due to something u can do on legit firmware while console ones r due to what u shouldn't be able to do not withstanding going legit or something.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  16. 12,149
    pinky

I just thought of that thing with the ps4 of sharing games. that was in fact done on the 360 which resulted in mass bannings due to the same profile id being detected on several consoles.

17. 39
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman Forum Noob

I don't know how PSn Patch wipes the push list, history,etc But PSninjav4 had the potential to wipe everything, so I solely use Psn Patch and dont use Ninja because having a history with no history constantly looks awful suspect as well. "Hey look! This guy never uses anything ever, everytime. Somehow this guys stays online for hours at a time and comes back the next day with no history."

18. 1,341
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

I've used the same console id and psn id for about 2-3 years now, i've accidently went online without disabling syscalls, or spoofed or ran movian or something while online
    I've synced my trophies, and even ran a few ccapi cheats while on cod:Ghosts
    No bans. I even had a console id that i used on several consoles that went online...without issue...psn patch used most of the time...
    It's playing hulu plus right now

19. 1
    rioener

rioener Forum Noob

Hello, i wanted to ask you something if you can help me.
    I was using the stable release of movian till now, and i decided to try the bleeding builds.
    They are in fact very good looking, and i want to stay with these builds. I only have one problem, i cannot see whether or not i' ve seen an episode/movie etc.
    In stable, the seen movies where marked with a tick right after the name, which i find very useful, especially when it comes to episodes in a big list, and i cannot recall exactly which i' m supposed to see now...
    Is there such an option in these builds too?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  20. 7,846
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

The new bleeding builds are WIP & because of the development of the new GUI it's buggier than ever.
    Better stick with stable or test build but avoid bleeding for continued use.