As we seen the first homebrew store make its way to the Vita with the release of VPK Mirror Installer , A PS3 Homebrew Store has a huge new update coming soon, as developer DeViL303 announces today here on the forums. This new version of XMBPD when released will utilizes the "pkg handling commands" that were added in "webMAN MOD v1.43.31+" . Using this new method in XMBPD will offer fixes, that will eliminate various limitations presented in the current releases of the XMB integrated Homebrew Store. Where as the old method that was based on the "xil system" would cause issues such as a Required PSN Account, Various Region Issues, Banned Account issues and. additional issues as explained in the announcement from the developer himself.
XMBPD -PreviewThis "new" XMB mod I'm working on will be a replacement/evolution of XMBPD when its completed. It should be much better all round. This mod will look and behave similar to the original XMBPD, but will be built differently to the original as I wont be using the xil system which was a bit of a PITA to work with.
BIG thanks to @mysis, @bguerville and @aldostools for the work they have done on the pkg handling commands and then for integrating them into webMAN MOD. Without those guys this wouldnt be possible, Due to their work this new downloader mod should be compatible with all CFW capable of running WMM and it will not suffer from some of the problems the first version had, Such as:
- It will not be FW specific anymore.
- It will not require any PSN account.
- It will work on banned consoles
- Region wont be an issue anymore.
- It will be much easier for me to add packages and categories and generally maintain.
- It will be possible to use this to download file types other than packages.
- The background download feature will be available.
I have the basic structure done, icons, category templates etc, so now I can add/remove categories and packages relatively easily. Also I have the update function working now, Thanks to aldostools for the extra help with the xml renaming code he added to WMM. At the moment this mod is all contained in one XML which makes it easy for me to update and work on, but I might break it down into smaller XMLs in the future.
There are a few things I would like help with from the community if possible:
- Some of the packages I included in the last version are now obsolete and I wasn't aware, I don't know about every homebrew and don't really have time to research them all and see what is worth including now in late 2016, so I would like suggestions here for what to include/exclude.
- Then I have the problem of non working No-PSN packages, I cant test them all as for some of them you need accounts and to be in other countries etc, so I would like people to let me know of confirmed working No-PSN packages with links if possible so i can grab the package. Im not adding any unless they are confirmed working.
- And then there was all the homebrew games I added that turned out to be signed for 3.41/3.55. I don't mind including homebrew games, but their devs will have to make them compatible with newer FWs as Im not catering for 3.55 FW at all. Im also not going to get into locating and resigning packages that don't work and testing them etc myself, as I don't have enough time for that tbh, I can add homebrew games though if there are any confirmed working on newer FW.
- Also about updates to apps, If there is a news story on here about a new app or an update or I notice a comment about it somewhere then I will add it, but would like tips/links from people when new apps or updates are out on other sites or ones are not mentioned here as I don't have time to follow every dev all the time so I am bound to miss some.
- I would also welcome suggestions for the layout/names of the categories if anyone has any ideas for changes/additions?
Checkout Screenshots & Latest Progress in the Official Announcement Thread:
Source: PSX-Place.com (via DeViL303 --> )
PS3 A Preview of the NEW XMBPD by DeViL303 [PS3 XMB Intergrated Homebrew Store]
By STLcardsWS on Sep 20, 2016 at 7:46 PM
4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by AlexanderThe PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo belowContinue reading
4.85.1 REBUG LITE CFW with new COBRA v8.2 ReleasedDeveloper Joonie of Team Rebug has announced today the latest cfw release (following 4.84.2 rex) of the REBUG brand. This is not the iconic REX flavor of PS3 Custom Firmware, which is a hybrid of dex/cex, In order for the creation of REX, the team is dependent and still in search for file's needed for the creation of REX (4.85 DEX PUP). However, they have the LITE version (a CEX based Cobra CFW) ready to go for 4.85 user's seeking a new 4.85 CFW. This is a welcomed update from Team Rebug as the 4.85 PS3 CFW landscape has been a bit light in choices (for 4.85). So having the developer's with one of the best name's in Custom,Firmware development is great to see now as an available option. Also, they have updated the Cobra payload to now version 8.2 & also the Rebug Toolbox has been updated (toolbox addon requires installation in "install package files" pkg is waiting for you there after installing REBUG) You can checkout all the feature's/patche's in the provided list below for this PlayStation 3 Custom FirmWare and then checkout full details/documentation of the release at rebug.me the official website (direct link found at bottom of article).Continue reading
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Ty Doyle
Boots to "APPS". Art can be 320x480 (exactly 1/2 screen). Theme for CoverArt lovers -UniqueUserName