Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

A small snag with psn content

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Zengobag, Feb 18, 2020.

1. 10
    Zengobag

Zengobag Forum Noob

Hi All,
    Not long Jailbroken my PS3 and I've hit a small snag. I'm using HFW 4.85.1 and unsure if HEN or HAN (sorry)

I've installed 1 pkg and rap AFTER jailbreaking and that works fine.
    ALL the others purchased from PSN don't.

I've found a work-a-round which is to go into Rebug Toolbox. Go to Utilities->Change Active PS3ID and use EID5:87(CEX) to run my purchased games.
    To run the other I have to set the Active PS3ID to the other setting EID0:82(DEX)

Is there any way that I can get them all working on one ID instead of having to change every time I want to play my PSN purchased stuff?

Many thanks if you can help.

2. 1,553
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

I had to edit your thread title. There are flagged words in our system that trigger a cover up word to be applied.

3. 10
    Zengobag

Zengobag Forum Noob

That's no problem.. Never even thought about that. sorry.

4. 282
    ElGris

ElGris Member

Don't you need to activate your system with the account where you have all your games?

5. 10
    Zengobag

Zengobag Forum Noob

The system is activated. They are all there listed but the ones I installed before doing the Jailbreak have to be set to CEX and the ones installed after need to be set to DEX. They won't start if they are on the wrong CEX/DEX. To use the Playstation store I have to set it to CEX as trying to load the store under DEX does nothing. That is how the games are behaving. Pre Jailbreak need CEX. after Jailbreak need DEX. I just want to know if I can alter the CEX ones to run in DEX mode..

Is it possible?

This is the code I get when wrong CEX/DEX.. When I switch it over the ones that give this code work and the other ones give this code.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/error-codes/80010017/

There is nothing wrong with the data as OK when CEX or DEX mode is set for the right games. They ALL work if correct mode is set before I run them. It's just that I have to keep swapping modes to play pre jailbreak installs and switch back after.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  6. 10
    Zengobag

Zengobag Forum Noob

I've just had a thought.. If I re-download the games that I installed pre Jailbreak and re-install them when in DEX mode, would that enable them to work in DEX mode and not CEX mode? I've got unlimited internet access so this wouldn't be a problem downloading them again if it works.
    Any thoughts on this (probably) daft idea?

UPDATE.. did a test and it seems to work. I'm deleting all the larger games and starting fresh with those as I have to download them again anyway.
    Would I be able to transfer the pkg files from the new downloads (before installing) to my laptop via FTP?
    Just in case something drastic happens and I end up being banned from PSN store. I could also upload to Google Drive and Mega if others wanted them too. ;)

Update 2 - I forgot how big Mass Effect and Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls are until deleting them just. I'm gonna have some fun with those 2.. lol

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020