Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Access to PS Store

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by TonyClifton, Feb 1, 2019.

1. 21
    TonyClifton

TonyClifton Member

Hi guys, I want to access the PS Store to get Dragon Age Origins which is on sale for a few more hrs. I can log my secondary email account through the proxy method just fine but when I try to access the PS Store it says I need a software update... now I'm wondering which update it's referring to, PS Store app software update or firmware update? Anybody out there who went through the process can confirm If It's just a PS Store app update? Thanks in advance.

2. 444
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

If you're using PS3 proxy server to sign in you could look at the logs to see what's happening when it prompts you to update. This should give you enough info to determine whether it's a FW or software update.

TonyClifton likes this.
  3. 1,636
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    If your Prompted to update as soon as you sign into PSN, this is a firmware update. If you are signed in and enter an app and are prompted to update this is an app update. To be sure always sign in first, though I can tell you its going to be an app update as I had to do the same last week when downloading my BO2 DLC and add on's

TonyClifton and DeViL303 like this.
  4. 5,551
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    Also if its a firmware update you will get a couple of chances to cancel and it will be obvious that it is a FW update, it will reboot into different mode and show terms and conditions, if its just an app update it will just start downloading. also note the version number, if its an app update it will most likely be "1.xx" , if its FW update it will be 4.83.