Advice regarding ripping multi-game disc through backup manager

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Helios297, Jan 8, 2020.

1. 2
    Helios297

Helios297 Forum Noob

Hi, I would like to ask if it's possible to dump games that comes as a "collection", recently i bought Borderlands Triple Pack and was curious if it would be able to be dumped sucessfully, the problem is that XMB loads all three of them at once (three disk icons from which you can choose which Borderlands game you want to play, either BL1, BL2 or BL Pre-sequel) that obviously work as retail disc should, the problem is that when I want to try to read the disc in any of the backup managers it reads just the first one, since the BL1 is in folder PS3_GAME, that wouldnt be a problem, but the only way to access the rest of them is just through XMB which is not what i need. If I look in the /bdvd through file manager the file structure is: PS3_GAME(BL1, hence the reason why it reads the first one) and the rest of them are PS3_GM01 and PS3_GM02 - the BL2 and Pre-Sequel, those are unfortunately inaccessible and it wont even allow me to read/open the file or it throws File Error during the dump process. Is there any way to dump a BD Disc like disk and play from the backup? Tried even through FTP with the same results, wont even allow me to open the folder. Was thinking that maybe 1:1 backup on some cfw-capable console with direct disc access would be able to do it? Correct me if i am wrong.

Currently using HFW with HEN (3k model) and Irisman to dump the disc.

I apologize if i forgot to mention something important in advance, if yes, just tell me ill answer it right away.

2. 2
    Helios297

Helios297 Forum Noob

Problem solved, tried that with Multiman and it worked, althought its better to use makeps3iso to dump it, tried this one and it works, so for now i'll keep this one and maybe later try to copy the game folder to HDD and then make iso through irisman, that could work. Just a heads up for future folks who would be struggling with this issue and google would show this thread as a result.

Thread can be closed.

DeViL303 and pink1 like this.
  3. 1,906
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Thank you for posting the update. Not only is it great that you got it working it’s awesome you let us know how you fixed it so maybe it can help someone else.

Cypher_CG89 likes this.