Anonymous CFW 4.85 [Discussion]

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Louay, Sep 15, 2019.

1. 12,139
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I remember the time when there were a lot of cfw from various people, many of whom just used mfw. I think you can tell if someone has used that by the patches applied. it looks for each byte separated by a | , and the patches are very specific, not saying that cfw might look similar too.

2. 7,064
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Yeah, I still plan to make a Rebug mod and I will, but I have no problem using Rebug as a base. I could research every patch they have done for weeks, and try to apply them all myself and hope that i get them all right, but what is the point really, it does not make them my patches, I am still just copy and pasting someone elses code as I did not discover the patches and do not fully understand each one.

The whole idea of the scene and collaboration and open source is that we are not all repeating each others work and that we are building on top of each others work so we end up with something better.

To me it seems crazy to be reinventing the wheel and starting from scratch and then making mistakes, its like going backwards. The only reason seems to be so the dev can say "this is ALL MY work, its my CFW.." .When really what they are saying is..."I tried to copy and paste these other peoples patches, but the mistakes are all my own"

3. 12,139
    pinky

@DeViL303 , exactly. that's how I feel as well. we all contribute what we can and build off of each other's work. I didn't figure out how to modify the wave, so I gave credit. I don't believe glowball is still in the scene. anyway, I wrote a tutorial on it, so that that information wouldn't be lost. I know @sandungas has mentioned that a lot of scene information has been lost, because devs quit the scene without recording the information. :)

Jody_Torres and sandungas like this.
  4. 593
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

I think a big reason why you always see people expanding upon or in some cases copying other people's work is because the PS3 is so old. Almost every major feature/patch/hack has already been discovered by some other developer years ago. And because the scene is so old, there's barely any new developers coming in with the experience to discover or create new things, the interest just isn't there for a 10+ year old console.

So I don't have a problem with people who do this in an effort to contribute something to the scene, or even just want to learn more, as long as credit is given to the original developers. I'm one of these people myself.

esc0rtd3w and Louis Garry like this.
  5. 12,139
    pinky

yeah, sandungas and I had a conversation a while back (maybe he remembers this) about how certain things like my example with glowball -- there's no telling if glowball is the person who figured out the wave or if that information was found out by someone else. I gave credit to the person I learned it from. another example is the deleting a fake ticket for the wii u tutorial of mine. normally, if you have a fake ticket placed first in the ticket bucked (licenses), it won't allow you to install the content from the eshop. it will error instantly at installation. madridi taught me how to do it. I was kinda surprised there was no tutorial for it as it was badly needed. anyway, he learned how to do it from someone else, but I gave him credit.

Jody_Torres likes this.
  6. 5,913
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I dont want to make blood and i dont even remember who was involved, but ive seen several times that a cfw dev took files from other cfw dev, and he did not mention it
    This is a huge mistake, that inevitablly is going to push you into a situation when there is several people that have proof that you took the files from other cfw, they are telling to you and you are like... "is not true", later... "well, im not sure"... and later "ok maybe you are right"
    Thats pathetic, really... the best thing you can do to prevent to be trapped in something like that is to tell the true since beginning

If you use the files from other person obviously means that you consider the files of the other person are better than yours, also the other person is doing something that you cant do, so is better than you at doing that, is like a teacher, you are learning something from him
    If at some point you share a talk with that person you need to be grateful and humble

And thats all basically, just tell the true and explain what you took from others and what you did, if you make a very detailed list of what you did nodoby can argue that you are pretending to steal work from others or misleading people

7. 12,139
    pinky

I think that's the biggest problem with scenes, especially the ps3 one. there are a lot of naive people or people who refuse to read anything, then on the other side, there are some "devs" who prey on these sorts of people. it's the epen thing. it pisses me off.

8. 5,913
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I documented a lot of info about XMB mods in wiki and doing my own research, and while searching in google (trying to find info posted by the people that was digging more deeper in the XMB) there was many times where my searchs was taking me to posts written by 2 guys named eustolio and boticario (later i realized are spanish and i tolk with them)... and glowball of course
    They was writing and pusblishing info in 3 or 4 forums, they had some strong fights with glowball because glowball never gave credits to them, at some point, just because i wanted to make my own oppinion i started comparing the timestamps of some of his posts in different forums where they published the info... and most of the times eustolio and boticario was the original source (and glowball published the info in english forums couple of weeks or months later)
    Also, eustolio and boticario had several threads that was tutorials explaining in detail all the changes they was doing, explaining file formats, and concepts about image design, they was good in 2D design and 3D too, so it was obvious they knew very well what they was talking about, really, at that time that guys was a couple of steps forward the rest of the scene

The moral of the story is they was looking at the other like an enemy, and never had any kind of feedback or colaboration in between eustolio/botiario and glowball, this hurts the whole PS3 scene because doesnt allows us to progress

Glowball did good to popularize all this mods with the scripts he made... but it would be a lot better if he would have a positive relationship with eustolio/boticario instead of an epenis fight
    It was always in glowballs hand to keep a good colaboration just by mentioning eustolio/boticario, and a link to the research/tutorials threads they had. This way everybody can learn how the things works and contribute
    Some of the info published by eustolio/boticario was lost because the forum where was posted closed... i cant tell how much but well... we have advanced a lot since then, the sad part is that is needed to reinvent the whell hehe

DeViL303, lmn7 and pinky like this.
  9. 12,139
    pinky

eustolio sounds familiar. I may have been something about .TTF with him. he could be mentioned in my tutorials, can't remember and too lazy to look up, but that's where I'm thinking I heard that name. either that or coldboots. I've tried my best to build off of their information and do my own testing. not giving credit does hurt the scene, but at the same time, I think if you're looking for credit for something, you're definitely in the wrong scene. most of the people in the scene don't know enough to make heads or tails when it comes to modding or hacking the system, so they're left in the middle not knowing what's right and wrong. that's unfortunately led to many a brick with youtube tutorials.

10. 5
    Jody_Torres

Jody_Torres Forum Noob

Need help, I installed hfw 4.85.1 then it nstalled cfw overflow 4.85 and forgot to delete multiman so now it says I have the latest mmcm update but I can’t access it. How do I get it back or delete it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 7,064
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Seems to be some bug going on , you are not the first to have this, normally you would not need to do anything with MM if you changed CFW.

Now though I think you need to reinstall it, first you will need to delete the version installed. If you cant access it via the XMB and delete it there, then you will have to do it via another apps file manager or via FTP.

delete the dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/ folder.

Algol and Jody_Torres like this.
  12. 1,520
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    to everone please forgive me :) i forget to add PS2 Emulator Files and to fix VSH for the PS2 Problem ,All respect for you :love heart:

@Luisile
    • 1-anonymous named in this CFW refered to nothing only i love the anonymous psn ball early years before so i get the name from that
    • 2- i am not a part of anonymous harkers group,i can't and i will not
    • 3- i am not a spammer that send spam emails and threaten people
    any other question i can answer :) thank for you post

Thank bro @Cypher_CG89 and yes i forget to add PS2 Emulator files of Cobra ones and i only change the stage2 location in cobra src and edit the vsh hash in modulespatch.h from 0xb6b6d000002e0000 to 0xb6b6d000002e3000 as the hashcalc show :) but strange why the PS2 read as unsupported disc... i will fix it as soon as possible

upload_2019-9-21_2-27-18.png

i think you are the only one here who reply to me with most peacfull word man :angel::angel: and of course i will fix it as you as possible and i see that the scene want clean CFW then OK i will make one CFW + OFW RCO :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2019
    sandungas, jeka26, Algol and 2 others like this.
  13. 5
    Jody_Torres

Jody_Torres Forum Noob

Thank you and if it works I’ll leave a reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. 179
    Louis Garry

Louis Garry Member

From HFW will not be able to allow you to install CFW, you need a flash writer, after that you can install CFW from recovery mode.

15. 1,520
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    @sandungas @Cypher_CG89 @kozarovv strange guys
    • i download Hash_Calcnew from joonie's git and it show error
    • i use hash_calc that exist in PUAD it show Section 0 : 0xb6b6d000002e3000
    • i try hash_calc from mfw_builder named hc.exe it say written to temp_dec then it create vsh.self.log( show diffrent hash from the one of PUAD and as the same of @kozarovv in his tutoriel of Cobra Hash update and Remove epilsey screen ...etc
    • it show the same hash as the mfw builder when using hashcalc modified one by evilnat and unself_PUAD renamed to unself2
    i think this was the cause of PS2 ISO say unsupported disc cause i have done the quotidien public patches in VSH

upload_2019-9-21_3-32-30.png

upload_2019-9-21_3-35-4.png

upload_2019-9-21_3-35-38.png

upload_2019-9-21_3-46-36.png

Look at ever sprx hash i get from two diffrent hashcal version the old one with 18kb size i use for calculation i think now things come clear thats why PS2 ISO problems !!!! i will change hashes and test tomorrow

Capture d’écran (2026).png

Capture d’écran (4644).png

Capture d’écran (4645).png

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    esc0rtd3w and jeka26 like this.
  16. 7,605
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    New cobra require use of new hashcalc from joonie github, you should/need to recalculate hash for all files.
    How can you say anyone that your firmware is tested, when mistakes like that appear? Is one of first things that people usually test. Tested CFW mean that all possible game format was tested, that reinstall/qa/downgrade was tested, etc.

esc0rtd3w and DeViL303 like this.
  17. 7,064
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    That would be my thought too, the most basic test possible for a new CFW would involve having one each of PS3 ISO, PSX ISO, PSP ISO, PS2ISO, BD ISO and DVD ISO and at least seeing if they will mount.

Really that simple test should involve multiple region ISOs too.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Louay likes this.
  18. 1,520
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    Using New Hash Calc grom joonie's git doesn't work for me it show error __cxa_atexit not found in dynamic library...

upload_2019-9-21_14-27-31.png

Yup i test most of cfw functions only PS2 ISO i forgot completly :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    DeViL303 likes this.
  19. 7,605
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Missing dll, or wrong dll (if dependecies exist), or missing/wrong stdlib.h while compile. No idea, i think i never used that hashcalc.

20. 1,520
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    the one that give me 0xA0XXXXXXXXXXX is the one modified by Evilnat for PUAD GUI but this one always show me this error