PS VITA / PS TV Another World Vita - Port of a well known classic game

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Sep 27, 2016.

By kozarovv on Sep 27, 2016 at 1:57 PM
  1. 7,228
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Another World Vita is another project done by developer enriquesomolinos for PS Vita and Playstation TV. After releasing REminiscence Vita, developer decided to port another classic to Henkaku enabled consoles. Another World, also known as Out of This World in North America and Outer World in Japan. Is a platformer action-adventure game designed by Éric Chahi for Delphine Software. The game tells a story of Lester, a young scientist who, as a result of an experiment gone wrong, finds himself in a dangerous alien world where he is forced to fight for his survival.

startup.png

• Another World Vita
      Another World Vita is a port of the classic game Another World for PSVita. Based on the 0.2.1. version created by Gregory Montoir.

Another World, also known as Out of This World in North America and Outer World (アウターワールド Autā Wārudo?) in Japan, is a 1991 cinematic platformer action-adventure game designed by Éric Chahi for Delphine Software. The game tells a story of Lester, a young scientist who, as a result of an experiment gone wrong, finds himself in a dangerous alien world where he is forced to fight for his survival.

Release note:
      • Initial functional version

• Requirements
      • A Vita system with Henkaku installed to run homebrew.
      • Install the vpk file in your Vita
      • Put the original data files in the folder ux0:app/SOMO00002/DATA

• Supported Versions
      • Amiga and PC DOS releases (Bank*)
      • 15th anniversary edition (Pak01.pak)
      • 20th anniversary edition (game/*)
      • Windows 3.1 release (Bank)
      • 3DO release (GameData/*)

• Button configuration

Arrow Keys: move Lester
      Left stick: move Lester
      X: run/shoot

• Enchancements
      • Feel free to create new issues and pull request to enchance this fantastic game.

Credits
      • Gregory Montoir for the PC version.
      • Eric Chahi, obviously, for making this great game.

Thanks to

Original version

Download: Github
    Source: Github

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
    atreyu187, nCadeRegal and STLcardsWS like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Sep 27, 2016.

1. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      This is such a classic, don't know why I am always drawn to this game. It was very difficult, I never made it further than an hour playing it, and that was multiple deaths. Makes me remember one of my favorite systems, the super Nintendo, think I still have the original copy laying around somewhere. Funny thing is I purchased the remaster from psn in last six months. Wonder what Sony will think of this new entry? Lol
    2. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Excited about this one. Do we have to obtain the game files or do they come with them? This went open source did it not? Anyone install this and know?

Edit

Reading it again seems we need to supply the game. Good news for me anyway is it supports the 3DO version and I still have that on my shelf with my other 3DO games. Who would have ever thought we would see a 3DO title on the Vita
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Project is now entry in Gekihen contest!

gekihen.xyz/en/project/Another-World-Vita
    4. Berion
      Berion
      Why 3DO version? Is the most superior version from all else somehow?
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      PS. most superior should be 20 anniversary edition.
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Is that available on the 3DO system as well?
    7. kozarovv
      kozarovv

20 anniversary mean 2011 release year. Don't think 3DO was alive then. But maybe...
    8. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Just because its the only version of this i own