PS3 Any option for hfw (or even better cfw) on dech 4000?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Miyo3, Nov 23, 2019.

1. 11
    Miyo3

Miyo3 Forum Noob

Hello every one, i got ps3 ss test console, i want her get Access to psn (i know its dangerous) AFIK on ofw dex is imposible to connect with psn? I know options for retail consols its a bunch ways to do that
    I know to its posible to instal cfm for fat test consoles but what about model based on ss? Update menu tells that three lowest avilable soft is 4.25

Attached Files:

2. 21
    Ryccardo

Ryccardo Forum Noob

One problem is that the newest DEX firmwares are not easy to find (the Rebug team obviously has 4.82 and they have said in some posts here why they won't share it to the public, but nobody outside of actual licensed developers has 4.85 or we'd know that Rebug "full" 4.85 would be in the works :P - and obviously without having both, HFW 4.85/82 can't be made)

The other one is that there will likely be differences in the contents of memory, meaning possibly significant differences for the exploit and payload!
    Sure, for a long time it wasn't necessarily believed to be possible, but consider how much time passed between HAN and HEN (for consumer consoles, which are fairly cheap and readily available in case of a brick!)

3. 11
    Miyo3

Miyo3 Forum Noob

So long story short, if i get 4.82 i can instal rebug, or it's definetly not posible nowday. The problem is i bought this one for very low price, if i dlike to sell this and buy another i supose to pay 23% tax od selling price, adding this that may be not worth at all

4. 21
    Ryccardo

Ryccardo Forum Noob

For now it's probably possible only with hardmod (unfortunately you have an emmc console, while it's the simplest to hardmod I have no idea if the usual backup verifiers/nofsm patchers support it)

5. 8,605
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Superslims can not install CFW.

All you can do is install 4.81 DEX that I linked to. There is not much difference though either way with that and 4.78 DEX.. DEX does not need to be up to date to go online and its not like they added any features.

Really you should just get a normal console because:
    • You dont have a use for DEX
    • Its worth more than a normal console.
    • Its more hassle to exploit than a CEX console.
    • Its more hassle to exploit than a CEX console. :)

I do not think you have to pay tax on a second hand console, VAT has already been paid, and its not like income tax or captial gains tax as far as I know. Just sell it to someone who has a use for it, and buy a CFW compatible Slim and a external hdd with the money :)

6. 11
    Miyo3

Miyo3 Forum Noob

I live in sick country, <s> i must wait 6 months or pay 23% VAT, even when im regular citizen, not a owner a business </s> - never mind, law has been changed
    My ss loks not great, i got her witkouta ds3 or even single cable, u think how much i can get for it? I need something about $150
    But i prefer not to fight with local post, so i want sell it in Polamd

7. 1,634
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Maybe @kozarovv can help you find someone interested locally.

Miyo3 likes this.