Anyone here know why I can't run 3D games?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by TheArcuzHunter, Jun 20, 2019.

1. 115
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Before everything was fine, I could play low spec 3D games no sweat, but a few weeks ago, there was a power outage, and I turned my computer on when the power came back, and I tried to play a 3D game and it said that the game couldn't initialize, also Cyberlink PowerDVD (requires graphical things), here's what I'm talking about:
    error graphics.png
    It says:
    Cyberlink PowerDVD error
    Unable to launch Cyberlink PowerDVD.
    Possible reasons:
    1. Your VGA controller requires an update.
    2. There isn't enough VRAM in your VGA card.
    3. Not possible to admit the remote desktop in Windows XP
    ---------------------------
    I have windows 10 home edition btw. Maybe that's another reason.

It has to do with the digital graphics thing (I don't know much about computers or everything like some people do, I barely know the basics but I forgot the name of this thing).
    I have Intel (R) HD Graphics. It has to do with this exact part of the computer, which Is digitalized I believe. Most of the programs I tried using that needed the Graphics thing told me it had to do with this Graphics driver, that it had to be updated, deleted and reinstalled for it to work again. I did that, it didn't work. (should I do it again to make sure??)
    Here are my computer's specs (sorry that it's in spanish):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kb6yZvOXASi1GGjzV4yQQFwiC0SMrm0s
    pc specs.png
    This computer is nowhere near to run medium spec pc games at decent fps, it sucks. But it gets the job done for low spec ones decently.
    I get this error when trying to run Dead Space 3:
    error graphics 2.png
    This reads:
    Unable to initialize the visualization hardware. Please restart Dead Space 3.
    The question is, how do I fix this??

2. 115
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

More problematic info:
    When I try to run Nuclear Throne (requires 3D graphics for some reason I guess, it seems 2D to me) it tries to run the game, giving me a loading cursor, and then nothing happens. It shows up for a second on the Task manager, but it doesn't even run in the first place. It used to before.

3. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

you can try to install gpu drivers either manually or with known good and free driver softvare (like for examplee driverindentifier portable,it only requires google account to let you download them) but in my personal experience ince win 8/10 is starting to have problems and especially if you're not experienced in it it's best to simply reinstall OS and start fresh.

4. 2,518
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Try this fisrt on your Desktop "right click" to get the context menu then select "Intel Graphics setting" to bring up the menu you seen below....

upload_2019-6-20_21-40-14.png

Once there click on 3D settings then in the application make sure your apps are list or is setup for generic detection of app and games that uses 3D.

upload_2019-6-20_21-44-15.png

This menu might look a little different than your's as mine is Intel HD 4K. And you may have to zoom in on the images as I have my PC setup for dual display output and it makes the screenshot a bit smaller to veiw in the forums lol.

Beyond this some people have there's setup a differnt way, mine are just standard till I want to play agame then I just set it to a profile I have saved that is optomised for gamming. But quite alot of people just have them at default, you could try restoring the settings in here to default values.

Also somethings else may have been corupted... maybe... so try reverting to a system restore point thats before the power cut.

EDIT also check in the gaming section of the graphics menu as well.

5. 115
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Thank you so much for the help! I think something indeed is corrupted. How do I revert to a system restore point? Do I google it? Or do I have to follow some specific instructions for my case?

Here is my intel (R) HD Graphics control panel (I dont have a Gaming profile on mine, but I can add it I guess, on Profiles)
    control panel.png
    control panel 2.png control panel 3.png
    control panel 4.png
    control panel 5.png
    In the "Select display" option there is only 1, the built in display, and so on for the Select profile category.

6. 115
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Yikes that sounds like last resort, but thank you!

7. 115
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

It says Import on the Profiles screenshot! It lets me add an .ipg file, which I guess is a whole bunch of categories for the control panel of the Intel HD Graphics... Don't know if Im right.

8. 2,518
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    The gaming section is still a beta (if you look closely at the screenshot you will see beta in tiny letters), so I wasn't sure if you would have it or if there was and odler version or something. but still worth mentioning incase you did.

For system restore point just use your sarch function on windows and type system restore, and it should find it for you.

9. 115
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Yeah I noticed the beta but I was gonna give it a try anyway, nvmd I guess :/ Thank you anyway!
    Is it safe to do a system restore? Could I potentially lose files, or completely corrupt the computer? It has happened before, I deleted some system files (didn't know what I was doing) that showed all letters, numbers and symbols as white/black squares, making my computer useless... had to give it to a technician to fix it, and he even installed some things on it. I could potentially break the computer again.

10. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

my advice would be to first educate yourself on windows a bit,watch some tutorials on youtube,basics and general stuff.

11. 115
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

I got the general stuff, and a bit of the basics. I know my shiz when it comes into software, not hardware. About 75% of the advanced stuff too. All I need is to fix this through software, and I don't think its hardware. I think I just have to reinstall some things...

12. 115
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Im gonna try the driver identifier rn. It's running.

13. 115
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Just tried the Driver identifier, the Intel (R) HD Graphics says "Good", altough this is the main problem why I can't play 3D games. I'm downloading the same version I have rn from it's server, and just going to reinstall it. Hope it works!
    Here is what I get:
    driver stuff - copia.png
    Here is the Intel HD Graphics result in the middle:
    upload_2019-6-20_17-59-4.png

Attached Files:

14. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

use display driver uninstaller from safe mode to remove then reinstall drivers from scratch.i'd first try wddm drivers for intel stuff,just download them thru win update,and if it doesn't help then clean again and try with latest beta and/or whql drivers from intel's website.

15. 225
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

You could try going in to Device Manager and checking your display adapters, right click and see if anything can be updated. For that matter, you should also check everything else in Device Manager and see if anything is corrupted or has that yellow caution sign. You could also try installing the appropriate drivers by just going to the manufacturer's website.

Since you said this started occurring after a power outage, I think it'd be wise to see what happens after a system restore. You might lose some recent files, but its unlikely to screw up your computer any more than it already is. Do a system restore and see what happens, if that fails and you're having too much of a headache troubleshooting, there's always the last resort of a reformat and reinstalling windows and the appropriate drivers..

If you don't have the installation DVD, you can just download an official ISO for the version of Windows you have and burn that to a DVD or set it up for USB. So long as you have your activation key, this should work just fine.

16. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

once activated,most windows 10 activations remain until motherboard is changed.you can wipe them and reinstall how many times you like,you can even change unlimited number of drives,it will remain,because it's tied to that motherboard you can even go freely up and down in build versions,between x86 and x64,only edition needs to remain the same (you can't go from Home to Pro,or vice versa).