PS3 Apollo Save Tool v0.6.5 released

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

By bucanero on Feb 7, 2020 at 2:49 PM
  1. 293
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    PS3 development has been seeing an upkick lately and developer @bucanero has been one of the developer playing a part. The developer has recently updated Artemis with new support and also released PKGi (PS3) but now the developer shares a great utility that involves PS3 Game Saves called Apollo, built utilizing the Artemis GUI this homebrew capable of running on CFW and PS3HEN will allow you to Patch & Resign your Game Saves / Download Game Saves / Unlock Game Saves all from the convenience of your PS3 console and not PC tools are required. Below you can see the release thread from the developer himself: So i'll let @bucanero take it from here with another great release:
    -STLcardsWS

screenshot_2020_02_06_main.png
    It's summer, you're between jobs (a.k.a. unemployed), so what do you do with that amount of free time? You make "Apollo", a new homebrew app for the PS3! :D

• you might wonder... why is it called Apollo?
      Apollo was the twin brother of Artemis, goddess of the hunt. Since this project was born using the Artemis-GUI codebase, I decided to respect that heritage by calling it Apollo.

So, without further ado, let's present Apollo:

Apollo Save Tool is an application to manage save-game files on the PlayStation 3.
      The apollo-ps3 homebrew app allows to download, unlock, patch and resign save-game files directly on your PS3.

Features:
      • Easy to use: no crypto-key configuration or advanced setup needed.
      • Standalone: no computer required, everything happens on the PS3.
      • Save files listing: quick access to all the save files on USB and the internal PS3 HDD (+ file details)
      • Save SFO unlocking: allows the user to remove the copy-lock flag, enabling transfer of Copying Prohibited save files.
      • Save PFD resigning: allows the user to resign save files made by other users and consoles.
      • Save downloading: access to an Online Database of save-game files to download straight to your PlayStation.
      • Automatic settings: auto-detection of PSID and Account-ID settings.

• v0.6.5

Added
      • Export save-game to .Zip file
      • Copy save-game to USB
      • New Settings option to clear local cache
      • New Settings option to update application data

Fixed
      • Fixed patch when removing Account ID
      • Use internal PS3 fonts to fix issues with extended characters

v0.5.1

Hot fix release.

Fixed

• Fix unzip issue when unpacking online save files

v0.5.0

First public release.
      Added

• Save file listing (+ details)
      • Save file SFO unlocking (remove lock flag)
      • Save file PFD resigning
      • Save file download from Online Database
      • Automatic detection of PSID/Account-ID settings

• Using the application is simple and straight-forward:
      • Move UP/DOWN to select the save-game file you want to patch, and press :but x: . The patch screen will show the available fixes for the file. Select the patches and click Apply.
      • To see the item's details, press :but tri: . It will open the context menu on the screen. Press :but cir: to return to the list.
      • To reload the list, press :but square: .
      • Press left (L1/L2) or right trigger buttons (R1/R2) to move pages up or down.

• No special setup is needed. Just download the latest apollo-ps3.pkg package and install it on your PlayStation 3. On first run, the application will detect and setup the required user settings.

• screenshot_2020_02_06_onlinedb.png screenshot_2020_02_06_patches.png screenshot_2020_02_06_savelist.png screenshot_2020_02_06_settings.png screenshot_2020_02_06_about.png screenshot_2020_02_06_details.png screenshot_2020_02_06_main.png

• Credits

See the full project's README for more information: https://apollo.psdev.tk/
    feel free to share you comments and ideas! :cool2:

Download link: https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3/releases/latest
    As usual, full source code is available on GitHub :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Jang, esc0rtd3w, Xx11xx22xX and 32 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ashura
      ashura
      hello everybody good morning i want to ask you guys how can i import my saves to the online DB because i am interested to upload some of my savedata for a couple of games into the online DB from apollo pkg, thank you in advance
      Xx11xx22xX and DeViL303 like this.
    2. bucanero
      bucanero
      Hello @ashura , thanks for wanting to share your ps3 saves!

Some general notes to begin; the online save database is hosted on GitHub, everything is open-sourced there:
      https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-saves

The structure is simple:
      • Each game has a folder, named with the TITLE-ID. (e.g. BLUS12345)
      • game saves are stored in .zip files inside the game's TITLE ID folder.
      • The Zip filename must be XXXXXXXX.zip , where "X" can be a number from 0 to 9. (zip extension lowercase).
      • The Zip file must contain the save-game folder and data. (e.g. MYGAME-DATA/*)
      • Each folder has a "saves.txt" file that lists the available saves, with the description.
      • On the root, a file "games.txt" lists all the games/title-id's available.
      note: if the explanation is a bit confusing, please browse the link and it will be much more clear.

Exporting the save-game

to start, I'll assume you already have the latest version of Apollo installed. You'll also need a USB drive (FAT32) to save the exported Zip file.

1. Within the app, browse your HDD/USB saves
      2. Select the save-game you want to export.
      3. From the options, select "Export save game to Zip".
      4. Next, select to which USB port you want to save (USB 0 or 1).
      5. Wait for the .Zip export file to be generated.
      If everything went well, you'll have the exported .zip file ready on your USB storage device here:
      /PS3/EXPORT/

in the folder you'll also find a saves.txt file, listing the exported .zips with the title-id and the save-game names.

Uploading

Now regarding the upload:

The simple way is to create a Github issue with the provided template, then you can write down the save description and upload the .zip file directly here (just drag&drop the .zip): https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-saves/issues/new/choose

if you're an experienced GitHub user, you can also:
      1. Fork the project https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-saves
      2. Add the "12345678.zip" to the BLES01081 folder
      3. Edit "saves.txt" in the folder, adding 12345678.zip with a short description
      4. Submit the changes with a Pull Request
      5. Then I merge the changes and the saves will be available to every user.

If you don't know about Github (forks, pull requests, etc), don't worry. Just upload the .zip file you created to mediafire.com or any other web, then just send me a message here with the link and information/description so I can add it.

Let me know if you can follow the process, I'm hoping to make it as simple as possible

edit: the document can also be found at http://apollo-dl.psdev.tk/
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    3. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      This looks great. I wonder could a "upload save" or "dump save" options be built into the application to make it easier?
      Xx11xx22xX, Louis Garry and bucanero like this.
    4. bucanero
      bucanero
      A "dump save" should be simple enough, I'm already using the zip lib in the app, so I could build the .Zip from the selected user save and leave the zip file in the USB drive.

Uploading would require some real work. The app would need to add on-screen keyboard support (so they can type the description), and I'd need to have a web-server backend (maybe some PHP script?) to "receive" the upload and information. It can't be done directly to Github though.

In any case, there are a ton of ps3 saves floating around the web already, (gamefaqs.com, brewology.com, etc) if someone has time to browse and download them, they could be easily uploaded and shared too.
      Xx11xx22xX, Algol and DeViL303 like this.
    5. ashura
      ashura
      Bello bucanero thanks jeje sure i will upload my saves to a mega Link as soon as i can in order to share this info jeje
      DeViL303 and bucanero like this.
    6. Md Hesam
      Md Hesam
      I couldn't understand anything about Apollo?
      Can anyone explain this
      Exactly,What can I do with Apollo?
    7. Berion
      Berion
      Xx11xx22xX and Algol like this.
    8. ashura
      ashura
      hello guys if anyone is interested on the saves info that i uploaded, you can see the issue info directly on github where the bucaneros thread is created, best regards
      DeViL303 likes this.
    9. pinky
      pinky
      @bucanero , I don't know if xenforo has this plugin, but there's one for vb to change the order of posts via time stamps, so you could then have as many reserved spots as you needed by making a new post, then modifying its time stamp. I don't know if that would be helpful or not, just a suggestion if you run out of space in your posts or they become too verbose or confusing.

edit: I'm not sure if there's a character limit. I think temp has one of 100,000 characters per post, so I had to split my ps3 tutorials into two. I don't have that problem here, so I'm assuming there is no limit.
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
      Xx11xx22xX likes this.
    10. bucanero
      bucanero
      all the saves that you've shared have been published to the online database.

So if anyone checks the DB now, they should see ~60 new games and saves. :)
      ashura, zeroofall, Algol and 2 others like this.
    11. ashura
      ashura
      thank you very much bucanero for uploading my saves information that took me so much time to develop i hope that this one will help a lot to everyone who like to have an advantage on most games, the only advice that i will do for the nfs the run savedata that one requires a dlc fix that you can download from a website of *** PlayStation Store *** there you will find this one that says ALL DLC FIX (Included all smaller packs) try to download that one it should be working fine that savedata by installing that fix
    12. bucanero
      bucanero
      I've just released Apollo v0.6.5, see the changelog for details.

btw, current users should be able to download the latest version directly from the app
    13. ashura
      ashura
      ohh thank you very much bucanero for this new update, that will help us a lot
      bucanero likes this.
    14. bucanero
      bucanero
      now you should be able to "export to zip" and "copy to usb" easily from the Apollo app ;)
      Xx11xx22xX, ashura and Algol like this.
    15. ashura
      ashura
      Thank hoy very much bucanero that one worked for me just fine
    16. Jin799
      Jin799
      So I want to use a save for Gta5 that skips the introduction/prelude so I can jump straight to the online. How do I go about using this on a HEN ps3 ?
    17. SoJustMe
      SoJustMe
      i tried on Dark Soul With Lock flag , i could not remove the lock qnd when i copy save to usb it takes longer time . i may used it on the wrong way? so what to do after selecting Remove option and "select" icon appears ?
    18. bucanero
      bucanero
      install the app, then you can use Apollo to resign the GTA save-game so it can be loaded on your ps3.

after you select the "remove copy lock" option, you need to select "Apply patch & resign". Then the copy-lock should be removed on the XMB.

The copy to USB might be a bit slow (the app hasn't been optimized yet) but it should work with no issues, no matter if the save has a copy-lock or not.
      Algol likes this.
    19. SoJustMe
      SoJustMe

thanks . i did as you told me again qnd got succesfull message. But the lock flag still there + on XMB saved Data utility "i connot copy save file "DarkSoul" , the copy lead me to "online plus" no usb option.

i check my usb flash memory and the save file is there!! with Extention " *user.dat ".
    20. GREEDY PESOS
      GREEDY PESOS
      ...umm...still says "not owner"....
      ......Wish ,Apollo could also
      Convert Game Disc Regines..
      ..or that would have to be the Son of apollo....Orpheus...