PS3HEN Are savestates from a PSP emulator compatible with PS3?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by TheArcuzHunter, Jun 26, 2019.

1. 126
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

I'd wish to know if any of you got information on this?
    Because I've got savestates from PPSSPP (Emulator that I've been using for PSP game emulation on Android and Windows, which savestates are compatible with each platform's emulator, since they are the same emulator) for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD English Patched (have it as a psp ISO on Android/PC and as a PSP remaster on PS3) and wanted to give it a try at passing the savestates on the PPSSPP emulator to the PS3, or at LEAST the save files...

Any information is highly appreciated! I really love this game, but it's soooooooo long and hard to go through all over again! So many unique bosses and missions, plus the DLC missions! They are fenomenal!

2. 126
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Note: The PSP saves for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd are highly encrypted and when loading a savestate (when the game had a save previously) with different inventories or progress, the game will say "The memory stick [email protected]## used to start this game is not inserted. Please Insert the memory stick [email protected]## used to start this game" when one tries to save the game after loading the savestate!

3. 161
    NoSoul81

NoSoul81 Member

Not a save state. A actual in game save should be able to be converted.

4. 3
    Lemonnade

Lemonnade Forum Noob

Didn't try Monster Hunter yet, but save files from other psp games worked fine for me. Just copy the savedata to USB/PSP/SAVEDATA/xxxxx.

5. 2,440
    Berion

Berion Developer

Save files are always compatible across all emulators today and future because they emulating the way how it works on real, in this case, PSP.

Save states are always incompatible because they are dumps of all volatile memory of the emulated platform, organized, packed and/or compressed by emulator in a way which author designed it. Avoid it as much as possible because sometimes You will get problems making the real saves if You didn't create it before first save state was make (i.e on PCSXbox is impossible to crate save on VMC in Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, and in such case, real save can be only extracted from memory dump (save state)).

This have nothing to do with the save encryption.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    sandungas and Algol like this.