Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN Are you able to get Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas to work with HAN???

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by Steven B, Mar 21, 2018.

1. 3,325
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Yes its to get proper load order, on PC you can manually select which master file come before what, on PS3 its totally, i should of said do edit the INI if using on HAN to get correct boot order. T be honest you can add them to any folder and it makes liitle difference as the INI controls the boot order of these.

On the PS3 we have no way to manually select boot order or than the INI file, but that will only allow 10 esm's to be added 1 is reserved for update.esm and 3 are reserved for the DLCs, though the only ones you see on the INI is the update esm. There was a glitch on the v2.1 elite edition of skryim where the dlc would either load or it wouldn't, this was because the esm's for the dlc had been entered agin on this list causing the glitch.

To get good load order you have to add 1 mod to the folder, start the game, then check the downloadable content section to make sure its there, if it is then quit the game add another mod and do this process over and over with the mods you want, just through a load in together and they tend to get loaded randomly. And some mods require the esm to be above all others, i edit the INI for these mods. Plus add one to many mods or one that's not compatible and you break the game. The game will show the bethesda logo then immediately show the skyrim logo and stay there, this means the game is broken, and just unloading the mod that's broke the game wont work, you have to back the disc up again, sometimes you can get away with replacing the eboot.

Normally people say your limited to 10 mods on the PS3, that's BS, low impact mods like graphical mods and a few big ones such as Falskaar and levelers tower will work together, I have have had 25 mods max so far in the PS3 version of the game, after that certain things loading time's became annoyingly long and game play lag started to kick in badly in places and the odd thing would trigger the infinite loading loop.

Working on a way to get past all that and have the game modded to death lol, just like on the PC though maybe the graphics wont be as good, maybe at 1080p for the PS3 instead of 720p.

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  2. 1,533
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Similar to PC. Master files (.esm), archive files (.bsa) and plugin files (.esp) are all placed in the Data folder. Not sure about mod compatibility, but you could always try it. Maybe @Cypher_CG89 might know more.

3. 3,325
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    That's the version where you get everything, only ever played the standard version. but yes add them to the data folder. And edit the games INI to include them, this will either work or it won't.

And the same for Skyrim add them to the DLC data folder that contains the dragonborn BSA and ESM files, then add them to the ini. if you need help with what part ogf the ini to edit just ask but it should be near the top and already have update.esm on it.

As i have said in a previous post this is the only way on HAN to ensure the load order, so some mods might not work. And remeber what you are limited to with the INI file, this will either work or it wont.

4. 3,325
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    Got there ahead of you lol, as i am a serial offending game modder lol.....if there is no DLC folder try the main data folder, it will either work or it won't, but as these games run mods without any kind of signing or file checking they should work on HAN as the game should see them as official game files. I got a few to work with backup injection on my SuperSlim WITHOUT HAN lol as av never put it on the superslim with 2 CFW ps3 that av got as it don't need it, was just curious to see if it would work. only tried beautiful Whiterun graphics mod though and it worked.

As for the mod comparability it pot luck unless you have PS3 on CFW to test them on PS3. Same with Skyrim, some PC mods work fine, other are glithy as hell ans some just wont work as they need things that are not available for the PS3 such as SKSE and Skyrim UI

5. 1,533
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

I would have thought SkyUI would be redundant on console, as Skyrim's vanilla UI (same as Oblivion's) is pretty much tailored for console. SkyUI is an amazing mod, though, nonetheless.

6. 3,325
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    Mods like immersive armours and weapon's work on the PS3 version of the game but the Skyrim UI has options in it that lets you control how these are used by the game, how and when they can be found and such, can AI use them and other options. The standard UI can be ripped apart and rebuilt on the PS3, well i have anyways, these parts are made up of .swf (shockwave flash files and can be edited anyway you wan tusing the right tools.) the game just has set parameters for the console version, The PC version has the options for PS3 somewhere, though I cannot remember where I found them in the files.

This game is so easy to manipulate and mod with the right tools, I have great fun doing it, nearly all the textures on mine, mainly world textures, are 4K scaled down to work at 1080p, still has one hell of an effect on quality. Its a big 2 fingers to PC gamer's that say it cannot be done on PS3. plus certain mods I have packed in to the main games BSA files lol, so they get installed by the game from the disc though a few of them am having issues with, don't think av go the scripts merged right and its causing a few odd glitches one I wish I took a screen shot of....... a dragon thinking it was a chicken???? it was wandering around a farm bobbing it s head and clucking??? and no one was bothered that it was a dragon.... and it wasn't attacking things..... I was like WTF have I done here?? while laughing my back off. Turns out I had moved a script to the wrong place lol and it was clashing with another one.

I give you......Chickagon..... :rolling:

7. 10
    Hylden

Hylden Member

how you did manage to get custom textures working without memory leak issue without converting them to ddx ?

8. 3,325
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    Skyrim runs on dds texture files, ddx is just a container file that can have multiple compressed dds file's and there alpha layers in them. > eg standard def texture and 720p textures.

Some I did pack, compress and convert to ddx container format.

Its perfectly possible to run it on dds alone but big sized dds files can be an issue for the PS3's limited ram to load quickly depending on what your changing = extended loading times at some points... plus the HDMI settings for Skyrim are set to 720p standard on PS3, I changed that and I have them at 1080p for what I am doing.

My ultimate goal is to port the entire game to Unreal Engine (better performance and graphic enhancements) or the GeoMod Engine (destructible environment) as the original engine is buggy as hell and is a pile of crap and Bethesda still have not learn from this as nearly all there games run on the same crappy, buggy engine.

9. 10
    Hylden

Hylden Member

how you convert them to ddx ? i know there is ddx converting tool from Death Dealer, but it dosent work, or im doing something wrong ? also do you down scale major amount of textures to 1k ot 512 ?

10. 3,325
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    It does work, its just a pain to get to work properly plus packing multiple dds back into ddx cannot figure that out, so the ones i did where single dds in the ddx but that is pointless if you want the game to run with different definitions so at the minute i am using the game at 1080p. Certain texture's it work's on and others. I have already messaged Death Dealer about this, and am waiting for a reply. But there may be another way to pack them into ddx, but not made much progress with it.

What I have been doing is creating the texture in photoshop at 4K quality to get all the detail in then resize them down to 1080p size, technically they are 1080p but the difference it make's is unreal especially when you set the game definition from 720p to 1080p, plus I have broke the game too many times to count messing about like this lol.

11. 10
    Hylden

Hylden Member

maybe i need to experiment more with it, in my case it always cause game to freeze

12. 10
    Hylden

Hylden Member

also do ddx helps with perfomance in the game ?

13. 3,325
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    Yes it does, especially when the game is under load. You only find ddx in the PS3 and Xbox 360 version of the game. PC is dds as it has way more ram. Am not to sure about the PS4 and Xbox one versions though but they also have a lot more ram than the older gen console.

Also I should of mentioned that you also have to edit the files that control the texture such as scripts if you are going to use single dds as the game will be looking for a dds file in a ddx not a dds on its own. s=Such as load farmhousedoor.ddx and depending on the resolution set by the PS3 depends which one of the texture's inside the container is loaded is loaded. Only a straight swap of exactly named replacements within the ddx files wouldn't need anything else editing.

But all i can really say is properly experiment with it, don't be afraid to try idea's, the most you could really do with messing with textures is break the game or crash it.

Also Oblivion is a much easier game to start texture modding on for practise, all the texture are in dds and sound files in .mp3 and .wav. Also the PC version are even easier the mess about with. What I normally do for some things is do it on the PC version first to see if the game will even accept whats done then try to get the PS3 version to accept it.

14. 10
    Hylden

Hylden Member

i have skyrim on pc as well, but im really curious of how far ps3 skyrim modding can go )

15. 10
    Hylden

Hylden Member

so if game runs at 720p i need to rename custom texture to steelarmor_n-medium (as example) than convert it via ddx tool and pack back to bsa ?

16. 10
    Hylden

Hylden Member

If you don’t mind, may I ask you to explain more details, please?

17. 3,325
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    What do you need to know?

18. 10
    Hylden

Hylden Member

step by step how to use converter.
    I open the folder with scripts and some kind of nvidia tools, then open dds to ddx script, select texture that i need to convert, next step - some options that i need to chose (don't really understand what they are doing). When conversion is done if this texture is replacing vanilla texture i need to name it exactly the same as vanilla ?
    My game is running at 720p so i gues i need to rename dds to steelarmor_n-large (for example) and then convert it to ddx and rename it to steelarmor_n.ddx ? pack it back to textures bsa and it will load properly, right?

19. 10
    Hylden

Hylden Member

So... can you help ?