PS3 Artemis PS3 (r6.net): Cheating system updated with 4.85 CFW Support & New Features added

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Jan 5, 2020.

By bucanero on Jan 5, 2020 at 9:30 AM
  1. 477
    bucanero

bucanero Developer

Home Page:
    Developer @dnawrkshp originally ported Lazy Bastards's Artemis to the PS3. The PlayStation 3 port is a cheating system for applying cheat to games utilized on CFW/HEN enabled console's that also comes with a companion plugin (sprx) for additional functionality. @bucanero who you may recall is the developer who ported PKGi recently to the PS3. has now turned attention to updating Artemis-PS3 for 4.85 use and the developer has added two new features to go along. First, we have an Online Cheat Database that will allow you keep your cheats up to date with a simple online download and also a Local Database Update feature has also been incorporated into the system. Also a shoutout to @Berion who's designs still looks great in the GUI :) .
    -STLcardsWS

main.png

• games.png cheats.png

Hello,

As a little side project, I've forked Artemis PS3 and added the following network features:
      • Online Cheat Database: access to the latest cheats for over +2300 games online.
      • Local Database Update: download and update your local cheat database with the latest codes.

on the UI, these are the new features available:
      • Added Online DB option (main menu)
      • Added Update local cheats (options menu)
      • Added :but l1:/:but r1: triggers to improve game list browsing
      • Added user confirmation dialog when unloading the plugin ( :but square: on the main menu)
      • Added exit to XMB without changes ( :but cir: on the main menu)

I've also updated the MAMBA payloads (PRX Loader 4.84.2), and included the Artemis sprx plugin from vr5 (by @haxxxen ).

Find more information at http://artemis.psdev.tk/

Submitting cheat codes to the online database

To share new games and cheat codes with the community:
      1. Fork the repository and add your changes to this folder.
      2. Submit a pull request so the updated cheats are available to every Artemis user.

Source code available on GitHub

• ArtemisPS3
      options.png
      An Open Source Playstation 3 Hacking System created under the Project Artemis initiative (http://www.gamehacking.org/artemis)​

Your PS3 must be running CFW 3.55 or above (DEX and CEX supported)!

Installing Artemis PS3

Installing cheat codes

• Choose between installing the .ncl file on a flash drive or in the Artemis installation directory
      • For the flash drive make a new folder on the root called USERLIST
      • Inside the folder place any .ncl files inside it
      • Insert the usb drive into the right usb slot of your PS3 and launch Artemis PS3
      • For the installation directory method launch an FTP server on your PS3 (multiman)
      • Navigate to /dev_hdd0/game/ARTPS3001/USRDIR/USERLIST/
      • Place any .ncl files inside the folder and launch Artemis PS3

Using Artemis

• Launch Artemis from the XMB and selected your codes
      • Once you have selected your codes Press X on Start in the main menu
      • You should hear a single beep (if you hear three MAMBA failed to install)
      • From here you can launch the game or launch homebrew to mount the game
      • When the game has launched, a notification will appear telling you to press Start to attach
      • Once you are ready to use your codes in the game, open the in game XMB by pressing the PS button
      • HOLD Start until Artemis says that it has attached
      • At this point any codes chosen to constant write will be constantly writing
      • For any single write codes you wish to write again, just enter the in game XMB again and hold Start
      • If you wish the detatch (and therefore stop constant writing), enter the in game XMB and HOLD Select

Creating cheat lists (.ncl)

• NetCheat List Files are built into NetCheat PS3
      • Download and run NetCheatPS3
      • In the codes tab create a new code and name it as you wish
      • Within the textbox enter any NetCheat PS3 codes (or use the Codelist by clicking the square on the bottom left)
      • Finally click Save All and specify a save location for the new .ncl

Creating advanced cheat lists (.ncl)

New in Artemis PS3 is the ability to add option tags.
      These tags enable you to specify options for a code that has multiple effects for one address.
      Using tags instead of multiple codes condenses the overall cheats list.
      The format for an option tag is very specific and must be used exactly as described.
      A tag begin with brackets that surround an ID ([Z]).
      This ID must be a collection of capital Z's.
      For instance, a tag such as [ZZZZ] has an ID of ZZZZ. [zz] is not a valid ID.
      Following the opening tag are the elements, or options.
      Each element begins with the value that the option represents, an equal sign (=), and the name of the option.
      Elements are separated by semicolons (;).
      So right now an option tag would look something like this: [ZZ]0010=This is 0x10;0020=This is 0x20
      But now we have to end the tag. To end an option tag you simply add a forward slash (/) in front of the ID and surround that with brackets ([/Z]).
      Finally to actually implement this as a value for a code, simply put the ID of the tag anywhere in the code you'd like.
      For instance, in Jak 1 there are 4 different types of eco states you can be in. Red, blue, green, and yellow.
      Each uses the same line. So the appropriate code using option tags would be:
      0 201FEE08 ZZ
      0 201FEE18 FFFFFF7F
      0 201FEE0C 00000040
      [ZZ]01=Yellow;02=Red;03=Blue;04=Green[/ZZ]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    citra mulia, sbp, tps and 13 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by bucanero, Jan 5, 2020.

1. bucanero
      bucanero
      try deleting the Artemis apps completely.

If you install Artemis r6.net, the .pkg doesn't include any cheat files so it should be clean.
      Algol likes this.
    2. SLXD249
      SLXD249
      Turns out Artemis was reading from the code database I had from my USB flash stick that I forgot I had put there. When I unplugged it, everything went back to normal
      Algol and bucanero like this.
    3. Ricky Sanjaya
      Ricky Sanjaya
      i need help please
      i just installed the r5 with the lastest cheat database and i try to use the cheat on MGS V The Phantom Pain V.11 BLES2102 but i got stuck at the KONAMI sign and get stuck it's gave me a headache
      btw im using the HEN 4.85 PS3 FAT version with the lastest version of webMAN too, sorry for my bad english
      Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    4. bucanero
      bucanero
      oh good catch. Yes, I totally forgot that Artemis actually falls back to USB to search for the codes if there's none on the HDD folder.
      Algol likes this.
    5. Cissamannen
      Cissamannen
      I can also note that, using R6 version now (along with R6 version of sprx) with the newest version of webman LIGHT, I can enable cheats without it freezing up my PS3. So the issue with memory offsets not being able to be written as constant is then fixed finally for me aswell \o/
      bucanero and Algol like this.
    6. bucanero
      bucanero
      I've released Artemis r6.1:
      https://github.com/bucanero/ArtemisPS3/releases/tag/r6.1

Notes: in this version you'll find a plugin selector in the Options menu. I have included both r5 original plugin (by Dnawrkshp) and r6 (by haxxxen).
      As mentioned in this thread, at least on my tests the original r5 plugin works better with HEN (allowing saving games and trophies) so I added it back as an option. (r6 plugin version is the default, suggested for CFW users)

Changelog:

Added
      • Local Cheat DB installer on first run
      • New version check and auto-update
      • New "Clean local cache" option
      • New plugin selector option
      • New loading screen transitions
      • Shortcut to Main screen from Cheats screen by pressing START

Fixed
      • Improved game list parsing (detect Title-IDs and versions)
    7. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS

Guys are keeping me busy today
      Nice work
      bucanero likes this.
    8. Wheelieboyz
      Wheelieboyz
      I test it with game RIDE on ps3 cfw. Use cheat infinite money. With artemis r6 it would freeze when autosaving after buy some parts modification. Then I try with the same method using artemis 6.1, cheat still works and no freezing when autosaving at loading page. But in the artemis 6.1 i am using r5 (hen) plugins. It strange, because my ps3 are Cfw... But more comply to r5 plugins.
      bucanero likes this.
    9. Aswtos_Ios
      Aswtos_Ios
      for me when i go to press start to do the activation for some reason it freezes
    10. bucanero
      bucanero
      yes, it seems that in some setups the r6 plugin brings an issue with saving progress (or acquiring trophies) while in the game. That's why I added back the original r5 plugin as an option.

Good to know that switching to r5 plugin also solved your issue on CFW.

I suggest to try with another game, another type of cheat, or switching the plugin version. Also, please review this whole thread, you'll find many tips and suggestions on how to setup Artemis properly.
    11. Aswtos_Ios
      Aswtos_Ios
      Σας προτείνω να δοκιμάσετε με ένα άλλο παιχνίδι, έναν άλλο τύπο εξαπατώντας, ή να αλλάξετε την έκδοση plugin. Επίσης, παρακαλούμε να αναθεωρήσετε ολόκληρο το νήμα, θα βρείτε πολλές συμβουλές και προτάσεις για τον σωστό σχεδιασμό της Artemis. [/ QUOTE]

Δυστυχώς το έβαλα μόνο για τον θεό του πολέμου, θα δοκιμάσω μια άλλη έκδοση για να δεις, ευχαριστώ πολύ
    12. Aswtos_Ios
      Aswtos_Ios
      Unfortunately I only put it for god of war, I will try another version to see, thank you very much
    13. Aswtos_Ios
      Aswtos_Ios
      I tried an older version and it sticks to again attached and wrote
    14. Wheelieboyz
      Wheelieboyz
      I tried on dynasty warrior 8 extreme legend blus 31402, v1.01. Some cheats not working, like infinite health2, max level after level up. But for infinite musou works properly. Still use r5 plugins in my ps3 cfw with no probs.
      Funny things is infinite health cheat. It makes the enemy have infinite health too! cant kill them.
      bucanero likes this.
    15. bucanero
      bucanero
      Well, it's not uncommon to find some cheats not working, as probably the codes where never verified in the first place.
      Btw, that kind of misbehaviour with the "infinite health" cheat also happens in some other games, don't feel bad... I remember in the game Wet, the same situation. Infinite HP made everyone immortal. :D

Good to know that you're having positive results with the original r5 plugin. :encouragement: (the only limitation from r5 is that it doesn't support "constant write" codes)
    16. bucanero
      bucanero
      btw, @Cypher_CG89 , do you remember any game/codes that use the "constant write" setting?

I'd like to dig into that bug if I have a chance, but I really don't know a code that actually needs it so I can properly test the results.
    17. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      Depends on the cheat to which function would best suit it. I personally use constant write.

As for ones that would require you to use the constant write function, I am not really sure. It's been awhile since I used my PS3's, more into PC at the minute, and even longer since I used Arts so off the top of my head nothing jumps out at me from memory.
      bucanero likes this.
    18. Cissamannen
      Cissamannen
      Usually codes that use ASM doesnt need constant write. More when it's in memory values. Typically when its 1x 2x 3x 4x starting offset, then its memory value that would need constant write, unless always refreshing and attaching manually on R5.
      bucanero likes this.
    19. bucanero
    20. Felipe Mota
      Felipe Mota
      my console freezes at version 4.86 hen cex. does anyone know if it will update? why can't i use it