PS3 Artemis r5 released + unofficial 4.80 support by aldostools

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by aldostools, Jul 24, 2016.

By aldostools on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM
  1. 3,183
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

The developer Dnawrkshp has released the fifth update to his project Artemis on July 14,.2016.

Artemis2.PNG

Artemis is an Open Source Playstation 3 Hacking System created under the Project Artemis initiative (http://www.gamehacking.org/artemis). R5 added 4.76 and 4.78 CEX and DEX support, and updated database. Also now developer aldostools added 4.80 support in unofficial build. ​

Changes in Artermis r5
    • Added support for 4.76 CEX/DEX and 4.78 CEX/DEX (thanks @Ps3ItaTeam)
    • Updated code database to Bungholio's April 28th, 2016 update (thanks Bungholio)
    • Artemis packages will now be held in the releases tab of the GitHub repository.

• Release Link (Github): https://github.com/Dnawrkshp/ArtemisPS3/releases/tag/r5

• Install MAMBA and PS3MAPI payload (if not already installed)
      • Load artemis_ps3.sprx into VSH
      • Access codes from an online database
      • Access user codes
      • Allow for users to enter their own codes from Artemis
      • Sorts codes and games alphabetically

1. Launch Artemis from the XMB and selected your codes
      2. Once you have selected your codes Press :but x: on Start in the main menu
      3. You should hear a single beep (if you hear three MAMBA failed to install)
      4. From here you can launch the game or launch homebrew to mount the game
      5. When the game has launched, a notification will appear telling you to press :but start: to attach
      6. Once you are ready to use your codes in the game, open the in game XMB by pressing the :psbutton: button
      7. HOLD :but start: until Artemis says that it has attached
      8. At this point any codes chosen to constant write will be constantly writing
      9. For any single write codes you wish to write again, just enter the in game XMB again and hold :but start:
      10. If you wish the detatch (and therefore stop constant writing), enter the in game XMB and HOLD :but select:

• Choose between installing the .ncl file on a flash drive or in the Artemis installation directory
      • For the flash drive make a new folder on the root called USERLIST
      • Inside the folder place any .ncl files inside it
      • Insert the usb drive into the right usb slot of your PS3 and launch Artemis PS3
      • For the installation directory method launch an FTP server on your PS3 (multiman)
      • Navigate to /dev_hdd0/game/ARTPS3001/USRDIR/USERLIST/
      • Place any .ncl files inside the folder and launch Artemis PS3

• Creating cheat lists (.ncl)
      *NetCheat List Files are built into NetCheat PS3
      *Download and run [NetCheatPS3](http://netcheat.gamehacking.org/ncUpdater/ncUpdateDir.zip)
      *In the codes tab create a new code and name it as you wish
      *Within the textbox enter any NetCheat PS3 codes (or use the Codelist by clicking the square on the bottom left)
      *Finally click Save All and specify a save location for the new .ncl

Creating advanced cheat lists (.ncl)
      New in Artemis PS3 is the ability to add option tags.
      These tags enable you to specify options for a code that has multiple effects for one address.
      Using tags instead of multiple codes condenses the overall cheats list.
      The format for an option tag is very specific and must be used exactly as described.
      A tag begin with brackets that surround an ID ([Z]).
      This ID must be a collection of capital Z's.
      For instance, a tag such as [ZZZZ] has an ID of ZZZZ. [zz] is not a valid ID.
      Following the opening tag are the elements, or options.
      Each element begins with the value that the option represents, an equal sign (=), and the name of the option.
      Elements are separated by semicolons (;).
      So right now an option tag would look something like this: [ZZ]0010=This is 0x10;0020=This is 0x20
      But now we have to end the tag. To end an option tag you simply add a forward slash (/) in front of the ID and surround that with brackets ([/Z]).
      Finally to actually implement this as a value for a code, simply put the ID of the tag anywhere in the code you'd like.
      For instance, in Jak 1 there are 4 different types of eco states you can be in. Red, blue, green, and yellow.
      Each uses the same line. So the appropriate code using option tags would be:
      0 201FEE08 ZZ
      0 201FEE18 FFFFFF7F
      0 201FEE0C 00000040
      [ZZ]01=Yellow;02=Red;03=Blue;04=Green[/ZZ]

• Lazy Bastard - Project Founder
      Berion - GUI Graphic Designer
      Dnawrkshp - Creator of ArtemisPS3-GUI and ArtemisPS3-PRX
      NzV - PS3MAPI (on which Artemis is dependant upon)
      PS2Dragon - Artemis Logo

T.A.U, zumbae, Sdw100 and 24 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by aldostools, Jul 24, 2016.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      This explains why my files stopped working suddenly. Duh needed support ir higher firmwares. Thanks @aldostools
      aldostools likes this.
    2. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      aldostools likes this.
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Thank you very much @aldostools for update and specially for ready to promote news. :)
      aldostools likes this.
    4. psydefx
      psydefx
      thanks aldo and dnawkshp for the updates
      aldostools likes this.
    5. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Works like a charm. I didnt know this was FW dependant.
    6. ricardo
      ricardo
      Congratulations for the great work
    7. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      @aldostools above and beyond as usual. Works like a charm and the NCL files are much easier to navigate over the disc ID. So stoked about this and works so wonderfully I ditched 4.21.2 and my CU3 dongle in favor of this. Works grest using cobra and simple to use. Bravo my friend bravo!!
      aldostools likes this.
    8. pinky
      pinky
      another great release, @aldostools . u contribute so much to the scene that u must never sleep. ;)
      aldostools likes this.
    9. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      aldostools, atreyu187 and kozarovv like this.
    10. bguerville
      bguerville
      Thanks @aldostools.
      Much appreciated as always.. [emoji5]️

Sent with Tapatalk
      aldostools likes this.
    11. Drag
      Drag
    12. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Yea I finally completed Castlevania Lords of Shadow DLC as I was at the last boss with zero magic and one hit would kill. So I enabled infinite light and dark magic single use to give me a full meter. Was still tough not getting hit once to up my life via magic as I didnt want to have infinite magic or life as it takes all the fun out. And didn't wsnt to restart this. Was only replaying for trophy progress.
      Drag and pinky like this.
    13. pinky
      pinky
      love that game. it's one of few games I've beaten this past gen. never beat the dlc though. I beat the game on the 360, and I have the dlc for it. Patrick Stewart for the win! :D
      atreyu187 likes this.
    14. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      DLC is well worth the play.
    15. pinky
      pinky
      I tried playing the dlc a couple times after it being months for it to be released after I beat the game, and I got my @ss kicked. I haven't played the second game. how is it? I like how the game is like a gothic god of war.
    16. bguerville
      bguerville
      So you guys use Artemis to cheat then... [emoji3]

Sent with Tapatalk
    17. pinky
      pinky
      I don't. I've never used artemis. I beat lords of shadow on my own.

edit: I beat the game on the 360 btw. never played it on the ps3.
    18. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Two is confusing, short and about half the game the first one was. The DLC was free as was Mirror of Fate in the Lords of Shadow Collection but loved part 2 DLC as you play as Alucard.

And @bguerville yep sure did use it on my second play through of the game. I don't ever use on my first run of any game nor online.
    19. bguerville
      bguerville
      Am messing with you.. [emoji3]

Sent with Tapatalk
      atreyu187 likes this.