PS3 Artemis r5 released + unofficial 4.80 support by aldostools

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by aldostools, Jul 24, 2016.

By aldostools on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM
  1. 3,175
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

The developer Dnawrkshp has released the fifth update to his project Artemis on July 14,.2016.

Artemis2.PNG

Artemis is an Open Source Playstation 3 Hacking System created under the Project Artemis initiative (http://www.gamehacking.org/artemis). R5 added 4.76 and 4.78 CEX and DEX support, and updated database. Also now developer aldostools added 4.80 support in unofficial build. ​

Changes in Artermis r5
    • Added support for 4.76 CEX/DEX and 4.78 CEX/DEX (thanks @Ps3ItaTeam)
    • Updated code database to Bungholio's April 28th, 2016 update (thanks Bungholio)
    • Artemis packages will now be held in the releases tab of the GitHub repository.

• Release Link (Github): https://github.com/Dnawrkshp/ArtemisPS3/releases/tag/r5

• Install MAMBA and PS3MAPI payload (if not already installed)
      • Load artemis_ps3.sprx into VSH
      • Access codes from an online database
      • Access user codes
      • Allow for users to enter their own codes from Artemis
      • Sorts codes and games alphabetically

1. Launch Artemis from the XMB and selected your codes
      2. Once you have selected your codes Press :but x: on Start in the main menu
      3. You should hear a single beep (if you hear three MAMBA failed to install)
      4. From here you can launch the game or launch homebrew to mount the game
      5. When the game has launched, a notification will appear telling you to press :but start: to attach
      6. Once you are ready to use your codes in the game, open the in game XMB by pressing the :psbutton: button
      7. HOLD :but start: until Artemis says that it has attached
      8. At this point any codes chosen to constant write will be constantly writing
      9. For any single write codes you wish to write again, just enter the in game XMB again and hold :but start:
      10. If you wish the detatch (and therefore stop constant writing), enter the in game XMB and HOLD :but select:

• Choose between installing the .ncl file on a flash drive or in the Artemis installation directory
      • For the flash drive make a new folder on the root called USERLIST
      • Inside the folder place any .ncl files inside it
      • Insert the usb drive into the right usb slot of your PS3 and launch Artemis PS3
      • For the installation directory method launch an FTP server on your PS3 (multiman)
      • Navigate to /dev_hdd0/game/ARTPS3001/USRDIR/USERLIST/
      • Place any .ncl files inside the folder and launch Artemis PS3

• Creating cheat lists (.ncl)
      *NetCheat List Files are built into NetCheat PS3
      *Download and run [NetCheatPS3](http://netcheat.gamehacking.org/ncUpdater/ncUpdateDir.zip)
      *In the codes tab create a new code and name it as you wish
      *Within the textbox enter any NetCheat PS3 codes (or use the Codelist by clicking the square on the bottom left)
      *Finally click Save All and specify a save location for the new .ncl

Creating advanced cheat lists (.ncl)
      New in Artemis PS3 is the ability to add option tags.
      These tags enable you to specify options for a code that has multiple effects for one address.
      Using tags instead of multiple codes condenses the overall cheats list.
      The format for an option tag is very specific and must be used exactly as described.
      A tag begin with brackets that surround an ID ([Z]).
      This ID must be a collection of capital Z's.
      For instance, a tag such as [ZZZZ] has an ID of ZZZZ. [zz] is not a valid ID.
      Following the opening tag are the elements, or options.
      Each element begins with the value that the option represents, an equal sign (=), and the name of the option.
      Elements are separated by semicolons (;).
      So right now an option tag would look something like this: [ZZ]0010=This is 0x10;0020=This is 0x20
      But now we have to end the tag. To end an option tag you simply add a forward slash (/) in front of the ID and surround that with brackets ([/Z]).
      Finally to actually implement this as a value for a code, simply put the ID of the tag anywhere in the code you'd like.
      For instance, in Jak 1 there are 4 different types of eco states you can be in. Red, blue, green, and yellow.
      Each uses the same line. So the appropriate code using option tags would be:
      0 201FEE08 ZZ
      0 201FEE18 FFFFFF7F
      0 201FEE0C 00000040
      [ZZ]01=Yellow;02=Red;03=Blue;04=Green[/ZZ]

• Lazy Bastard - Project Founder
      Berion - GUI Graphic Designer
      Dnawrkshp - Creator of ArtemisPS3-GUI and ArtemisPS3-PRX
      NzV - PS3MAPI (on which Artemis is dependant upon)
      PS2Dragon - Artemis Logo

T.A.U, zumbae, Sdw100 and 24 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by aldostools, Jul 24, 2016.

1. psydefx
      psydefx
      @atreyu187 you should check out the debug menu in that game, its pretty neat
    2. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I know but not ashamed to say if I need help I will get it. Playing this game on Knight is INSANE!!
      pinky likes this.
    3. pinky
      pinky
      I don't recall the difficulty levels at all. the only game I've beaten on the ps3 is Jak and Daxter 1 in the Jak and Daxter collection. it was/is way better than part 2 which I got pretty far in 'til my hdd failed.

I beat Lords of Shadow on the 360. and, I beat Braid. I think those r the only games I've beaten on both systems. I mostly play Mega Man Anniversary Collection on the 360. I love Mega Man! anyway, I used both systems to test hacks mostly.
    4. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      im kinda stuck need some help
      i dont use mamba but i use regular boot_plugins.txt method to load sprx file. i.e artemis_ps3.sprx
      and i use WebmanMOD
      i dont understand "PS3MAPI payload" thing can anybody please explain me that

i want a simple method to get artemis working please somebody suggest a simple method
      -thanks
    5. bguerville
      bguerville
      If you want Artemis to start automatically you need to copy the sprx to /dev_hdd0 & edit the boot_plugins.txt as you are using Cobra. Just add one line to it with the path of the sprx.
      Like /dev_hdd0/<plugin_name>.sprx

Otherwise you can use ps3mapi. You need to use a webMAN-MOD edition that supports it.
      Download the latest webMAN-MOD updater 1.43.33 for github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases/tag/1.43.33
      Install it then launch the updater while keeping the L1 button pressed.
      That will install the Full Edition.
      Go to the setup page, at the top, beside the temperature, there is a PS3MAPI link.
      Click on it & ps3mapi page will come up.
      Look at the list of loaded plugins...
      As you can see there a textbox for a sprx path & a load button.
      Try starting Artemis this way. From the ps3 or the PC, you can get the ps3mapi page with a browser.

You could also use the ps3mapi Web command to load the plugin from a browser without using the ps3mapi page. Check the Web command list in the OP of the webMAN-MOD General Information thread.

Sent with Tapatalk
      atreyu187 and Chiranjeevi like this.
    6. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      yeah loaded artemis into vsh successfully using boot_plugins.txt (/dev_hdd0/ARTPS3001/USRDIR/artemis_ps3.sprx) method

and im using latest webmanMOD and i cross-checked that artemis_ps3.sprx is loaded into vsh or not via pc web browser everything is fine till here now

but when i selected cheats, press Start in the artemis then loading the game and launching from multiman(let say) system crashes and restarted saying "please connect the controller using USB" and when i do that it says it says "press the ps button to restart ..!" .. this happpens every time i use artemis

need some help on this and i doubt the sprx path in txt file shud be less rather long path like mentioned above..i dont know im guessing.
    7. bguerville
      bguerville
      You are getting a full system crash.
      What do you mean you launched the game directly via multiman?
      You mean you mounted it with multiman, exited multiman then launched from the disc icon on xmb? Right?
      And on launching the game the OS crashes..?
      The same thing happens with webMAN-MOD?
      And if you don't use Artemis, everything works fine?

Sent with Tapatalk
      Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    8. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      yeah exactly i meant that only.. and with webmanMod same thing is happening

offcrse without Artemis system is running normally...

i really don't know where it is going wrong

btw my system specs are:
      rebug's latest cfw with cobra enabled
      latest webmanMod full edition
      latest multiman

Sent from my Le X507
    9. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Try remove webman string in boot_plugins.txt. And test that system still hangs, i think that problem is that you are using full version of webman. This test should give answer.
    10. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      in my boot_plugins.txt there is only one line that is artemis_ps3.sprx...
      and also a path for ps3xpad plugin. i.e xpad.sprx

Sent from my Le X507
    11. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      I forgot you are on rebug, disable webman from rebug toolbox.
    12. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      ohh so you think that is causing my system to crash... but i miss webmanMod bro is there any way to use webmanMod along with artemis??

Sent from my Le X507
    13. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Of course is a way, this is just to test.
      Also xpad.sprx can cause that issues.
    14. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      ok let me try loading Artemis_ps3 alone and i will be back..

Sent from my Le X507
    15. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Ok if it will work then try with xpad but still without webman. PS are you using xpad for something? Or you just have it?
    16. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      yea im using xpad plugin for xbox 360 controller purpose

Sent from my Le X507
    17. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Ok i'm going to work now so i will not be here in next 11-12 hours, but my point is:

- xpad + artemis not working, but working alone = I don't think i can help
      - artemis + webman is working but xpad is killing it if enabled = read below.
      - xpad + artemis working = ok, we can build webman with things that you are using. We can just remove unused (by you) features. Also until that you can try Webman MOD lite version. It keeps basics like game mounting and fan control.

And be sure that you are using correct artemis version. Only this @aldostools fork have 4.80 support: https://www.mediafire.com/?h8h2vcybj43j6kr

I'm just think that your problem is memory usage by all this plugins in same time.
    18. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      okay finally got it working!!!
      i just followed @atreyu187
      i copied boot_plugins.txt to devhdd0 and i quit multiman
      i unloaded webmanMod via rebug toolbox
      opened multiman again to load the game
      then i started Artemis and selected cheats and pressed "start" in it after it quits
      i launched the game and attached the codes successfully and it worked like charm...

ps: thanks atreyu187, kozarov bguerville for helping... that is so educational

Sent from my Le X507
    19. bguerville
      bguerville
      Very glad you got it working but I do not understand the steps you describe to get there....

The only change you made to the system is that you disabled the loading of webMAN-MOD via Rebug & are using Cobra to start wMMinstead via the boot_plugins.txt.
      Is that correct?

Sent with Tapatalk
    20. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      you are correct i unloaded xpad plugin too currently in my boot_plugins.txt there is only a path for Artemis_ps3. sprx
      everything is fine but when i press start + select(webmanMod button command) to view system temp it clashes this artemis (start to attach) even though i didnt select cheats from it. is there anyway we can change button combos
      so that these two wont clash?

ps: i re-enabled webmanMod after i put artemis_ps3.sprx path in boot_plugins.txt and reboot
      Sent from my Le X507