The developer Dnawrkshp has released the fifth update to his project Artemis on July 14,.2016.
Artemis is an Open Source Playstation 3 Hacking System created under the Project Artemis initiative (http://www.gamehacking.org/artemis). R5 added 4.76 and 4.78 CEX and DEX support, and updated database. Also now developer aldostools added 4.80 support in unofficial build.
Changes in Artermis r5
- Added support for 4.76 CEX/DEX and 4.78 CEX/DEX (thanks @Ps3ItaTeam)
- Updated code database to Bungholio's April 28th, 2016 update (thanks Bungholio)
- Artemis packages will now be held in the releases tab of the GitHub repository.
Release Link (Github): https://github.com/Dnawrkshp/ArtemisPS3/releases/tag/r5
- Install MAMBA and PS3MAPI payload (if not already installed)
- Load artemis_ps3.sprx into VSH
- Access codes from an online database
- Access user codes
- Allow for users to enter their own codes from Artemis
- Sorts codes and games alphabetically
- Launch Artemis from the XMB and selected your codes
- Once you have selected your codes Press on Start in the main menu
- You should hear a single beep (if you hear three MAMBA failed to install)
- From here you can launch the game or launch homebrew to mount the game
- When the game has launched, a notification will appear telling you to press to attach
- Once you are ready to use your codes in the game, open the in game XMB by pressing the button
- HOLD until Artemis says that it has attached
- At this point any codes chosen to constant write will be constantly writing
- For any single write codes you wish to write again, just enter the in game XMB again and hold
- If you wish the detatch (and therefore stop constant writing), enter the in game XMB and HOLD
- Choose between installing the .ncl file on a flash drive or in the Artemis installation directory
- For the flash drive make a new folder on the root called USERLIST
- Inside the folder place any .ncl files inside it
- Insert the usb drive into the right usb slot of your PS3 and launch Artemis PS3
- For the installation directory method launch an FTP server on your PS3 (multiman)
- Navigate to /dev_hdd0/game/ARTPS3001/USRDIR/USERLIST/
- Place any .ncl files inside the folder and launch Artemis PS3
Creating cheat lists (.ncl)
*NetCheat List Files are built into NetCheat PS3
*Download and run [NetCheatPS3](http://netcheat.gamehacking.org/ncUpdater/ncUpdateDir.zip)
*In the codes tab create a new code and name it as you wish
*Within the textbox enter any NetCheat PS3 codes (or use the Codelist by clicking the square on the bottom left)
*Finally click Save All and specify a save location for the new .ncl
Creating advanced cheat lists (.ncl)
New in Artemis PS3 is the ability to add option tags.
These tags enable you to specify options for a code that has multiple effects for one address.
Using tags instead of multiple codes condenses the overall cheats list.
The format for an option tag is very specific and must be used exactly as described.
A tag begin with brackets that surround an ID ([Z]).
This ID must be a collection of capital Z's.
For instance, a tag such as [ZZZZ] has an ID of ZZZZ. [zz] is not a valid ID.
Following the opening tag are the elements, or options.
Each element begins with the value that the option represents, an equal sign (=), and the name of the option.
Elements are separated by semicolons (.
So right now an option tag would look something like this: [ZZ]0010=This is 0x10;0020=This is 0x20
But now we have to end the tag. To end an option tag you simply add a forward slash (/) in front of the ID and surround that with brackets ([/Z]).
Finally to actually implement this as a value for a code, simply put the ID of the tag anywhere in the code you'd like.
For instance, in Jak 1 there are 4 different types of eco states you can be in. Red, blue, green, and yellow.
Each uses the same line. So the appropriate code using option tags would be:
0 201FEE08 ZZ
0 201FEE18 FFFFFF7F
0 201FEE0C 00000040
Lazy Bastard - Project Founder
Berion - GUI Graphic Designer
Dnawrkshp - Creator of ArtemisPS3-GUI and ArtemisPS3-PRX
NzV - PS3MAPI (on which Artemis is dependant upon)
PS2Dragon - Artemis Logo
PS3 Artemis r5 released + unofficial 4.80 support by aldostools
By aldostools on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM
4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by AlexanderThe PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo belowContinue reading
4.85.1 REBUG LITE CFW with new COBRA v8.2 ReleasedDeveloper Joonie of Team Rebug has announced today the latest cfw release (following 4.84.2 rex) of the REBUG brand. This is not the iconic REX flavor of PS3 Custom Firmware, which is a hybrid of dex/cex, In order for the creation of REX, the team is dependent and still in search for file's needed for the creation of REX (4.85 DEX PUP). However, they have the LITE version (a CEX based Cobra CFW) ready to go for 4.85 user's seeking a new 4.85 CFW. This is a welcomed update from Team Rebug as the 4.85 PS3 CFW landscape has been a bit light in choices (for 4.85). So having the developer's with one of the best name's in Custom,Firmware development is great to see now as an available option. Also, they have updated the Cobra payload to now version 8.2 & also the Rebug Toolbox has been updated (toolbox addon requires installation in "install package files" pkg is waiting for you there after installing REBUG) You can checkout all the feature's/patche's in the provided list below for this PlayStation 3 Custom FirmWare and then checkout full details/documentation of the release at rebug.me the official website (direct link found at bottom of article).Continue reading
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
The best PS2 soft-modding-installer around (newest version available here) -SP193