PS3 Artemis r5 released + unofficial 4.80 support by aldostools

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by aldostools, Jul 24, 2016.

By aldostools on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM
  1. 3,234
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

The developer Dnawrkshp has released the fifth update to his project Artemis on July 14,.2016.

Artemis2.PNG

Artemis is an Open Source Playstation 3 Hacking System created under the Project Artemis initiative (http://www.gamehacking.org/artemis). R5 added 4.76 and 4.78 CEX and DEX support, and updated database. Also now developer aldostools added 4.80 support in unofficial build. ​

Changes in Artermis r5
    • Added support for 4.76 CEX/DEX and 4.78 CEX/DEX (thanks @Ps3ItaTeam)
    • Updated code database to Bungholio's April 28th, 2016 update (thanks Bungholio)
    • Artemis packages will now be held in the releases tab of the GitHub repository.

• Release Link (Github): https://github.com/Dnawrkshp/ArtemisPS3/releases/tag/r5

• Install MAMBA and PS3MAPI payload (if not already installed)
      • Load artemis_ps3.sprx into VSH
      • Access codes from an online database
      • Access user codes
      • Allow for users to enter their own codes from Artemis
      • Sorts codes and games alphabetically

1. Launch Artemis from the XMB and selected your codes
      2. Once you have selected your codes Press :but x: on Start in the main menu
      3. You should hear a single beep (if you hear three MAMBA failed to install)
      4. From here you can launch the game or launch homebrew to mount the game
      5. When the game has launched, a notification will appear telling you to press :but start: to attach
      6. Once you are ready to use your codes in the game, open the in game XMB by pressing the :psbutton: button
      7. HOLD :but start: until Artemis says that it has attached
      8. At this point any codes chosen to constant write will be constantly writing
      9. For any single write codes you wish to write again, just enter the in game XMB again and hold :but start:
      10. If you wish the detatch (and therefore stop constant writing), enter the in game XMB and HOLD :but select:

• Choose between installing the .ncl file on a flash drive or in the Artemis installation directory
      • For the flash drive make a new folder on the root called USERLIST
      • Inside the folder place any .ncl files inside it
      • Insert the usb drive into the right usb slot of your PS3 and launch Artemis PS3
      • For the installation directory method launch an FTP server on your PS3 (multiman)
      • Navigate to /dev_hdd0/game/ARTPS3001/USRDIR/USERLIST/
      • Place any .ncl files inside the folder and launch Artemis PS3

• Creating cheat lists (.ncl)
      *NetCheat List Files are built into NetCheat PS3
      *Download and run [NetCheatPS3](http://netcheat.gamehacking.org/ncUpdater/ncUpdateDir.zip)
      *In the codes tab create a new code and name it as you wish
      *Within the textbox enter any NetCheat PS3 codes (or use the Codelist by clicking the square on the bottom left)
      *Finally click Save All and specify a save location for the new .ncl

Creating advanced cheat lists (.ncl)
      New in Artemis PS3 is the ability to add option tags.
      These tags enable you to specify options for a code that has multiple effects for one address.
      Using tags instead of multiple codes condenses the overall cheats list.
      The format for an option tag is very specific and must be used exactly as described.
      A tag begin with brackets that surround an ID ([Z]).
      This ID must be a collection of capital Z's.
      For instance, a tag such as [ZZZZ] has an ID of ZZZZ. [zz] is not a valid ID.
      Following the opening tag are the elements, or options.
      Each element begins with the value that the option represents, an equal sign (=), and the name of the option.
      Elements are separated by semicolons (;).
      So right now an option tag would look something like this: [ZZ]0010=This is 0x10;0020=This is 0x20
      But now we have to end the tag. To end an option tag you simply add a forward slash (/) in front of the ID and surround that with brackets ([/Z]).
      Finally to actually implement this as a value for a code, simply put the ID of the tag anywhere in the code you'd like.
      For instance, in Jak 1 there are 4 different types of eco states you can be in. Red, blue, green, and yellow.
      Each uses the same line. So the appropriate code using option tags would be:
      0 201FEE08 ZZ
      0 201FEE18 FFFFFF7F
      0 201FEE0C 00000040
      [ZZ]01=Yellow;02=Red;03=Blue;04=Green[/ZZ]

• Lazy Bastard - Project Founder
      Berion - GUI Graphic Designer
      Dnawrkshp - Creator of ArtemisPS3-GUI and ArtemisPS3-PRX
      NzV - PS3MAPI (on which Artemis is dependant upon)
      PS2Dragon - Artemis Logo

T.A.U, zumbae, Sdw100 and 24 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by aldostools, Jul 24, 2016.

1. bguerville
      bguerville
      You should try to make your changes one after the other rather than all at the same time when you dunno exactly where the problem comes from otherwise it's difficult/impossible to identify the source...

Keep webMAN-MOD disabled in the Rebug Toolbox.
      Keep only the /dev_hdd0/webftp_server.sprx & Artemis sprx path entries in boot_plugins.txt.
      Test.
      If it works fine, add the xpad plugin path to the boot_plugins.txt. Reboot & test.
      If it does not work anymore, there's a compatibility issue between Artemis & xpad.

Sent with Tapatalk
    2. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      if i unload webmanMod how i can control my ps3 fan.. it is surviving only because of manual fan control via webmanMod... my ps3 was effected with ylod 7 months back now to play games over an hour or 2 i must control fan manually...
      if i dont have a choice i would simply choose webmanMod over Artemis.. but however i got them working along.. only problem is that their conflicting button combo..!

Sent from my Le X507
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    3. aldostools
      aldostools
      Set the PS2 fan speed in /setup.ps3 of webMAN MOD. That fan speed will be used when you quit the plugin using the combo L3+R3+R2.

Note: Dynamic fan control must be enabled, otherwise syscon mode will be used when you quit the plugin.

Regarding the conflicting combos, webMAN MOD lets you disable most of its combos in /setup.ps3

If there is any particular conflicting combination that cannot be disabled, please let me know.
    4. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      it is this combo start + select when on xmb while gaming (very important one for me)

the above combo is conflicting with artemis start button(attach the codes) when on xmb

cant we change Artemis "attach" button to something else like O or X or Square??

edit: if i have to set ps3 fan value at /setup.ps3..do i need to use L3+R3+R2 combo everytime i boot? thats unfair bro.. :(

Sent from my Le X507
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    5. psydefx
      psydefx
      disable that pad shortcut and use a custom combo for it instead
    6. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      can you tell me how to set it.
      i saw R2+box in /setup.ps3 how to set it to show temperature?

Sent from my Le X507
    7. psydefx
      psydefx
      Code:
      /cpursx.ps3
    8. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      where to add that code mate can you be more precise :(
      and in wm_combo i dont find any files do i need to place one with that code?

webMAN MOD 1.43.11 will support the re-definition of up to 12 combos, overriding their default behavior by creating the following files in the folder /dev_hdd0/tmp/wm_combo/:

wm_custom_r2_square // default: block online serverswm_custom_r2_triangle // default: disable syscallswm_custom_r2_circle // default: show IDPS / Abort copy / Abort fix game / enable in-game screenshot (if VSH is not patched)wm_custom_select_square // default: toggle gameDATAwm_custom_select_triangle // default: reservedwm_custom_select_circle // default: unmount disc imagewm_custom_select_l1 // default: mount _prev last gamewm_custom_select_r1 // default: mount _next last gamewm_custom_l2_r2_circle // default: open file manager in ps3 browserwm_custom_l2_r2_r1_circle // default: open game list in ps3 browserwm_custom_l2_r2_l1_circle // default: open /cpursx.ps3wm_custom_l2_r2_l1_r1_circle // default: open /setup.ps3

Sent from my Le X507
    9. psydefx
      psydefx
      type it in the white box under xmb/pad shortcuts in webman setup

[​IMG]
    10. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      not working bro..

Sent from my Le X507
    11. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      i written GET /cpursx.ps3 in that white box and saved it and restarted system
      and when i press R2+Square its showing "psn servers blocked" but not system temp info and all!
    12. aldostools
      aldostools
      Try with GET /popup.ps3
      Chiranjeevi likes this.
    13. bguerville
      bguerville
      For your information & potential future usage... [emoji5]️

The above quote from the webMAN-MOD changelog explains how to redefine the existing wMM combos using files as described.
      You can use this method to redefine the r2+square combo as well as any other combo
      To do that you just create the corresponding file wm_custom_r2_square in the folder /dev_hdd0/tmp/wm_combo/. If the folder doesn't exist, create it.
      The wm_custom_r2_square file is basically a text file (without .txt extension) containing the Url query, the same query as you would use in the setup page.

Sent with Tapatalk
      Chiranjeevi likes this.
    14. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      thanks aldos and bguerville for the reply i will try and get back to you.. its 1:28 am here im kinda tired gotta sleep.

Sent from my Le X507
    15. bguerville
      bguerville
      Take your time... [emoji6]
      We'll be here for you when you need us...

Sent with Tapatalk
    16. Chiranjeevi
      Chiranjeevi
      hello bro its not working either.. any idea?

there was a file wm_custom_combo is creating in root of dev_hdd0 do i need to move this file to wm_combo folder?

edit: its working... i placed wm_custom_r2_square with that temperature code in it, in wm_combo folder
      Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
      aldostools likes this.
    17. DeadManInblack
      DeadManInblack
      Thanks to everyone who worked on this homebrew I'm a single player type of guy so this gives me chance to wade through the pile of games I still havent finished.

One thing would it possible to create cheat lists for PSX/PS2 games or would we need a modded version of Artemis to do this, I'd love an all in one solution or at least someway of easily cheating on past gen games on the PS3 without modding elf's
      Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    18. atreyu187
      atreyu187

I grab trainers and patch my images for cheats on PS1/2 games. Never had an issue running them after the patches. I even use wide-screen and forced progressive scan patches and all work great. May not be the solution your looking for but it's quiet easy to apply one and done type of deal.
    19. DeadManInblack
      DeadManInblack
      Thanks for the reply just I've gotten about 80+ games all legit and thought it would be better than having to rip each one and patch, do you mind if I ask where you get your trainers from and can the codes be turned off/on at will?

P.S Whats the best way to create new codes, there seems to a number of gaps with titles especially the updated versions of the same so fancy a crack at doing it myself
      Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    20. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      too bad that @dnawrkshp does not reply here anymore, but i have some improvements for artemis to suggest.

one is, to unload plugin from artemis gui, i have set it to square button. unloading from xmb does not work and gets looped endlessly.
      the other is the memory management. i have used the code for it from @OsirisX found in mem.c, for building memory container. its original code sometimes messes up.
      atreyu187 and bitsbubba like this.