Average lifespan of a ps3 ??

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by the_gamerxX9, Aug 13, 2019.

1. 21
    the_gamerxX9

the_gamerxX9 Forum Noob

2. 3
    YA BOI

YA BOI Forum Noob

It depends on how you have maintained it, which model it is and what you consider failure.

the_gamerxX9 likes this.
  3. 5,048
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    the_gamerxX9 likes this.
  4. 53
    x64

x64 Forum Noob

Repasting the dyes and heat spreaders with MX-2 or 4 and keeping the console in an open ventilated area makes the entire difference. Even if you buy it used.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

the_gamerxX9 likes this.
  5. 2,061
    Berion

Berion Developer

From my observations is around 3000 hours (but my CECHL still operating after 11000, she is tough granny).

6. 1,368
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    The average lifespan of a PlayStation3, is dependent on how well you treat your machine, if you leave it unclean, chances are that isn't going to last even a year, take good care of it and it will last you longer, even your grandkids can enjoy some PlayStation3 Exclusives

General observation, it seems for me that the 1st Batch are always superior on they're build quality, after the G model, Sony went quite cheap on the cooling solutions and the components used, but the trade off the earlier models, is that they are much more power hungry, and needs a few components replaced, before you can use it, such as Power Supply, BD Drive, Fans and Capacitors, which can be a bit of a headache if you don't have a field of expertise.

Slims aren't bad either, they are much quieter even with a shorter fan, and more tiny cooling solution, making them the perfect candidates for Plug and Play Solutions, basically little maintenance is required, aside for Thermals replacement, and some cleaning, but the problem is, specialy with the 2500 Series and onwards, they have a issue known as BLACKOUT, which the cause till this day is unknown, thus making repairs difficult, more difficult than the early models, but thats not widespread case, but it does happen, happened to one of my 2504Bs about a year ago.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

the_gamerxX9 likes this.
  7. 21
    the_gamerxX9

the_gamerxX9 Forum Noob

but the problem is, specialy with the 2500 Series and onwards, they have a issue known as BLACKOUT, which the cause till this day is unknown, thus making repairs difficult, more difficult than the early models, but thats not widespread case, but it does happen, happened to one of my 2504Bs about a year ago.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm not enough lucky then...i've a slim cech25×× (on rebug) and a superslim 43×× (hen).

Anyway, can u explain the BLACKOUT problem more briefly? Because i've never experienced such a thing before.

8. 1,368
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer

Is when the PlayStation3 powers for a brief second, 2 seconds at least and has a power cut, and only turns on again when you tap the power button or unplug it from the back, its not from the Power Supply, something on the motherboard level, till this day nobody has been able to point out the culprit properly.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

9. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    My Slim CECH-2011A On Time is 300 DAYS

Never had a single failured, still tough. (Ok, 580 Forced Shutdowns, but my fault)

AND NEVER GOT THE THERMAL PASTE REPLACED (thanks to WebMan that keeps it running like a jet :P)

But i'm lookijg for replace it, it goes up to 80°C in less than 10 minutes in XMB using SYSCON fan control

10. 21
    the_gamerxX9

the_gamerxX9 Forum Noob

My cech25×× temperatures are 58 & 52 respectively when playing ps2 games for over an hour @45 fan speed.

Tags: