PS3 Backup my installed PSN games rdy to use on any system

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Estox, Jul 30, 2019.

1. 82
    Estox

Estox Forum Noob

Hey my freinds,

I got a banned ps3 slim over here with a lot of PURCHASED psn games on it ( yes my account got blocked too, I'm not able to lock in this account on any other system, its gone) so because of that I would like to back them up because I'm not able to redownload them anymore.

I know ReActPSN. I use this to install DLC's and their licens to activate, but now Im looking for ANY solution, to preserve my bought PSN Games.

So I need a way to backup the game as its self, so any way to back the game file up as ISO or PKG or just the folder, no matter wich it just has to work.

And a way to backup the licence of them. So that im able to install this on any other system just as my DLC from some DLC downlaod sources ;) .

Or is there any other way to patch the licences completly out and got a PKG that is installable on any system without troubleing with reactpsn or licenses at all?

Or is there a even better way over react psn?

So I more or less need a comeelte round up, so pls do not just reference me to any existing ReActPSN FAQ. I want to know what is a better or easyier way. But if the ReactPSN IS the best way than pls give me A Tutorial how to backup the licenses of installed games and how I can backup the game it self as an iso or pkg or folder or something like that.

I never did this this way, only vise verse, never had to backup my installed an legaly baught games.

PS: man, where are the times of ps2 and PSP or evenen PS Vita (reF00d) where backing up bought games was that easy ^^ any kind of reF00d for Ps3 would be sooo great. I love the Ps3 system so much, but all this licencing ***** makes me angry xD

And pls don't tell me I am a pirate, I own about 400 Retail games and plenty PSN games on PS3 PSP PS4 and PSV. Just use this kind of software to use dlc that is not downlaodable anymore or blocked for censor propouses in my home country. Germany blockes and censors alot ! ^^

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. 11,921
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

you can resign the games for free, but you do need the license for that, so it's not worth it. backup your rifs, act.dat, and idps to create raps of the content. pkgs may be a little more difficult if you didn't preserve them. I didn't originally, and tried to make backup copies (very unstable ftp with thousands of small files). with my new ps3, I've preserved the content.

Estox likes this.
  3. 5,757
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Well the easiest way is to grab the PKG files elsewhere and just backup the rif/rap files. If the console is banned then the games wouldn't work anyway without some way to reactivate the titles like ReActPSN or PSN Patch. As once the account it banned the games stop working till reactivated.

The only way to backup the actual games is to copy the folders to PC and make a PKG. Or you can FTP the whole games folder to your PC. Then FTP to the new system. At this point rebuild the database and all the games will appear. Then you have to copy over the exdata folder and activate either via HEN, PSN Patch or ReActPSN.

Algol likes this.
  4. 11,921
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

btw, if you were to resign the games as free, updates must be fixed too. gigabytes worth of data in some cases as opposed to 16 bytes for the rap. I'd do as @atreyu187 suggests and find the god links for the game, since you can't sniff it if you can't sign in.

5. 1,238
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

See the Site/Forum Rules & Guidelines.
    No piracy discussion is permitted on the site, and you won't get any help for anything except your legitimately purchased and owned content, despite any justifications you feel you may have. Please bear this in mind and don't discuss or even allude to illegally obtained DLC or any other content in the future. Thank you.

Estox and Algol like this.
  6. 6,894
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    You can use a file manager to dump your dev_hdd0/game/ folder to a external USB drive. Then on a PC repack the pkgs from the folders. Would a take a while but maybe worth it, especially if you cant the pkgs anywhere.

The same thing can be done with FTP too it will just be slower.

Algol likes this.
  7. 82
    Estox

Estox Forum Noob

I like to save my downloaded PSN Store content from my banned ps3 because my account got banned, I make pirate talk ... ah okay, no sense to me sorry xD I could just redownlaod this DLC from priate sites, right? so why do I ask you guys how I can backup MY PURCHASED DLC ?! Right, because I DO NOT LIKE TO PIRATE, I like to backup MY CONTENT to my unbanned console..... But okay Your forum your rules, Will never ask for Help about Games or DLC at all :) I respect that rule :)

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  8. 1,238
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Thank you for understanding. Getting help with your genuinely purchased content is not a problem, but we are being tough on piracy issues so we do need members to follow the simple forum rules so that they can get the help they need if necessary. :)