Backup your own games, possible ?

Discussion in 'IRISMAN (Fork)' started by Mika97442, Mar 16, 2019.

1. 7
    Mika97442

Mika97442 Forum Noob

Hi,
    I'm on Rebug 4.84.1 REX, I've got around 20 games that i'd like to copy to my internal HDD to preserve the BD drive.

I've read that it's possible to do it with Multiman but unfortunately this has not been updated yet for CFW 4.84 (if i'm right), so is there a way to do it with Irisman? or another game manager or tool?

OR should i install Rebug 4.82.2 REX to be able to install Multiman?.
    Sorry if i'm not at the right place to ask this.

2. 8,616
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

multiMAN does not need to be updated for 4.84.

The only reason why multiMAN would need an update is to show the correct firmware version.
    (Its only cosmetic and does not impact Functionality)

IRISMAN works
    ManaGunZ work
    as well

3. 7
    Mika97442

Mika97442 Forum Noob

Oh my GOD! 1000 Thanks to You!.:chicken:
    It's not good to be Noob, by the way if i don't ask i'll never learn...

Hope this thread will help all noobs like me. I was wondering: "why is this not specified in the OP of multiMAN & ManaGunZ?"
    Thank you.

Xx11xx22xX and DeViL303 like this.
  4. 1,321
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

mmCm is cobra dependant, and is default mode when cobra is enabled (which makes it firmware independent)
    They did list in update notes when they included this mode, and then it was just kind of understood.
    There are some function of multiman OUTSIDE of cobra that may not function correctly in 4.84, but mostly it will be cosmetic.
    If you are using rebug, and cobra is enabled, you will have no problem with multiman, as mmCm is firmware independent and used by default when cobra is enabled.

5. 7
    Mika97442

Mika97442 Forum Noob

Ok i understand better now, thanks to both of you for your time and explanation.

6. 4,300
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

You can make bluray disc backups with multiman and irisman
    In multiman you just need to insert the disc in the drive and you will see the game icon in the list... then choose the option "copy"
    In irisman you need to change a setting that indicates the bluray drive emulation type, by default (in a fresh irisman installation) is configured as "discless" and you need to change it to "no emulation"... then the PS3 reboots, you enter again in irisman and insert the disc and you will see the icon in the game list... then choose the option "copy"

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  7. 7
    Mika97442

Mika97442 Forum Noob

I've already install multiMAN but worth give it a try with Irisman.

That's really good to know and for sure will help everyone who need this.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge. :encouragement:.

DeViL303 likes this.
  8. 8,616
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

That is correct about Cobra, as we would see it unaffected on firmware updates in the past (when changes were needed for support for most things.)

Regular mode should work fine currently, with these latter updates from Sony. Because the changes have been minimal to the firmware and essentially the same firmware with just minor updates . That is why we do not see as many apps/tools needing changes like in the past and can get by without an immediate update, as it just cosmetics and somethings unaffected at all.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Mika97442 and DeViL303 like this.
  9. 43
    CFW-User

CFW-User Forum Noob

Thank you very much. I’ve wanted to know how to use IRISMAN to copy discs for a long time now.

sandungas likes this.
  10. 7
    Mika97442

Mika97442 Forum Noob

Just to talk about compatibility...

I wanted to Thanks @STLcardsWS for sharing this, I've managed to install multiMan (thanks to him again), but i must share some results according to my own test.

Just remember that i'm on Rebug 4.84.1 REX (only for noobs like me).

1-IRISMAN no probs at all as it have been updated to 4.84 CFW.

2-multiMAN_04.82.00_BASE install & works OK, Launch it, download themes, copy&backup JB or ISO PS3 games and mount PS2 games that is all that i've tested so far... I think that everything else should be OK.

3- BUT ManaGunZ v1.34 official install & works OK & freeze as soon as i want to mount a PS2 game (whatever game it is), i have to force to shutdown and restart my PS3 with the "restore thing".

I've read so far that ManaGunZ has the best PS2 games compatibility. That's not the "only" reason to test it so far to me.
    I've managed to make it works (mean PS2 mount) by installing the "unofficial" version made by @littlebalup.
    Many thanks to him.

Until an official update from @Zar...

Hope this will help another one(s).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    STLcardsWS and Zar like this.
  11. 4,771
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

Thanks was wondering how I used to do it about two years ago. Made sure to use the search engine instead of making another un-needed post!!

sandungas likes this.
  12. 4,300
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Hehe, not sure if is going to work on HEN though
    In irisman is needed to change a setting and at that point it does a reset of the PS3... maybe thats going to be problematic for HEN
    Also, irisman have the fancontrol enabled by default (in dynamic mode as far i remember), and as we was discussing that seems to be problematic, maybe thats the reason why some people are reporting irisman not working on HEN

So... by now try with mutliman, it doesnt needs to do that "reset" of the PS3 so it looks more simple... not sure if is going to work either though

13. 4,771
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:
    I'm gonna give it a go as I'm trying to dump a few games I have on disc that never hit PSN like Splatterhouse, Castlevania Lord's of Shadow, Shadows of the Damned, Resistance 1&2 to try and save my laser. Seems to be getting noiser and with HAN I could install the ones I had that were on PSN but of course these don't have that option and it's three of my top PS3 titles. I'll report back but I can't get mM to switch into standard mode. It's in mMCM by default. Switching the standard causes a lock up but different from the other one I was experiencing. The power stays green and unresponsive. I have to hold to power for 30 seconds to force a shut down. Never hurts to try and there are always some hiccups with new stuff. Kinda reminds me of the days when 4.21 CFW came out and we had to switch from 3.55 signed PKG files to 4.21+ keys. Now it just in reverse LOL