PS3 Best webman fan settings for minimal noise ?

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by madman37, Nov 22, 2019.

1. 3
    madman37

madman37 Forum Noob

So I tried messing around with the fan settings through webman ,changing the default settings and putting them all at 5% , I fired up a game and it was fine for a few minutes then out of nowhere the fan went into overdrive and I panicked.. Could somebody recommend settings that they use to make the noise less noticeable (and safe) while playing a game etc ?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

2. 3,244
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

There is not ONE universal best setting... the best setting depends of multiple variables (system model, system condition, ambient temperature, cpu/gpu demand of the game, etc). You have to find it yourself by trial/error.

In general, the temperature should not be higher than 80°C... Lower is better. The general consensus is that between 65°C and 70°C is the ideal operating temperature. My suggestion is that try dynamic fan set to 68°C or 70°C (with a minimum fan speed of 35% or 40%).

If the noise is too high, try a manual highest fan speed that don't disturb you (e.g. 40%) and check if your game don't increase the temperature too much with that setting.

Other suggestions are: put the console in a place with ventilation, where the air can flow in-out.
    Avoid to put it near of other electronics that produce heat (e.g behind the TV).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    madman37 and Algol like this.
  3. 107
    Cosmic-R

Cosmic-R Member

like aldos said mid to high 60s is fine even low 70s i belive are fine about 73c would be my max, but ideally cooler is better
    for example my 3000 wich is vertical 31% is fine even tough it has a high amount of usage (highest last time i checked in the webman total time on thread) anyway what i did was put it on manual since thats whats recommended for HEN since webman is a bit less stable there and i did a study of what was the minimum fan speed for keeping the rsx low 70s high 60s on demanding games. i've then changed it to 33% since the frequency is a bit less audible for me than 31%

i would've used AUTO but that ones keep speeding up and down the fan. it would be nice if it "learned" that if for the game being played right now it has to keep increasing the speed again to keep it cool it should just leave it there. for example temp target 68c kicks fan to 35% ps3 cools down, fan decreased speed to lets say 30%i dunno a guess ps3 heats up because 30% isnt enough then it kicks back up to 35% ps3 cools down fan goes down ps3 heats up fan goes up, and it keeps going and going it gets old after a while.

aldostools and madman37 like this.
  4. 868
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    I just go with Dynamic Speed, max 70 C. When playing you cant even hear the fan most of the time, cause the game, well, has sound... :D

aldostools likes this.
  5. 5,904
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    My three systems I have all set to dynamic at 33% and I have never exceeded 70 degrees. It's not very noticeable especially once in gameplay the only time I ever notice it is when I start the system up and hear the fan start to speed up. Once I launch a game I don't even hear it anymore. I even run this on my launch day model.