PS3 Better Methods to transfer games in HEN?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Kimjim, Apr 29, 2019.

1. 104
    Kimjim

Kimjim Member

So now that we can finally install homebrew is it possible to use NTFS to transfer games. If not what other methods are available.

2. 1,930
    Berion

Berion Developer

What have You in mind? NTFS is not transfer protocol but filesystem. If You asking about NTFS support then no, CellOS doesn't support this fs. In example multiMAN have basic support for it but in my case often doesn't work (depend on device; sometimes freezing from dev_pfs0 but works from dev_pfs1) for some reason.

T.A.U, ntodek and Algol like this.
  3. 104
    Kimjim

Kimjim Member

I was being abstract in saying that if NTFS was supported through file managers, we could directly install games through the harddrives. I couldn't get it to work because of USB.cfg file being missing. I am not very familiar with CFW scene as I have worked with HAN only so I don't know much of what is possible.

ntodek likes this.
  4. 459
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

Try to use FTP method, really works with HEN. After performing file transfer, reboot the console.

HEN mode limits CFW functionalities on homebrew apps which random freezes and blackscreens often occur.

T.A.U and Algol like this.
  5. 44
    Matthew Lobo

Matthew Lobo Member

Use Multiman and follow this guide

T.A.U likes this.
  6. 1,930
    Berion

Berion Developer

PID/VID inside some config is not needed today as I remember.

7. 5,092
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

I can never get it working in mM without adding the PID/VID but it isn't needed for MANAGUNZ or IRISMAN. Now if I could get either app to work with HEN without causing a system crash I'll gladly try NTFS support. I am hoping to do in depth testing with both and webMAN.

I have webMAN installed and working just fine but PrepNTFS is another story. I only have access to a MacBook Pro ATM and the limited tools for OSX is killing me. And please no one say BootCamp or VirtualOS as this belongs to the law firm and I'm not allowed to use either I'm afraid. Tried to install a Virtual OS to a USB key but alas High Serria and Mojave don't allow for this.

So I am open to any other ideas. Really miss tinkering with my PS3 but seems things are opening up with HEN so I can do some mods. XML edits have been going great.

8. 1,930
    Berion

Berion Developer

Maybe there is anything in Brew like i.e ntfstools or ntfs-3g?

9. 104
    Kimjim

Kimjim Member

Mac User myself. I requested the community to build applications for mac many times but I had to keep borrowing windows machine to do the work. Now that HEN is out I can FTP easily using mac and I installed rap files all at one time.

10. 5,092
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:
    Having Mac can be tough in the world of modding. Ran into these issues with my Wii as well. Took some leg work but in the end the journey is well worth it for the system and learning experience.

11. 4,468
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

To transfer games from NTFS USB to internal HDD (and viceversa) one of the most fastest and relliable ways is to use one of the iris forks
    The iris forks have his own implementation of a homebrew ntfs driver (that was taken from a project of wii/u scene) with full read and write support
    When talking about iris forks is needed to mention that along the years they could had some modifications in the code
    -monster manager, this is the original code from iris written by estwald (the same person that ported the ntfs driver from wii)
    -irisman, i dont know if the ntfs driver or some hdd access function was modifyed... so not sure if there are differences
    -managunz, some people have reported slow speeds, im not sure why, and im not sure if this will be reviewed in next managunz versions

For FTP transfers, one of the fastest homebrews is monster manager, i was talking about it here
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/cfw4-82-searching-an-ftp-with-ntfs-support.22639/#post-159827
    Later @jacobsson made a tutorial here:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/guide-how-to-successfully-ftp-huge-amount-of-files.22434/

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    T.A.U and jacobsson like this.
  12. 104
    Kimjim

Kimjim Member

Thanks man will try this.