PS3 Black screen after launch of backup

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by DemoniusXFan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. 7
    DemoniusXFan

DemoniusXFan Forum Noob

Hello, I am running Rebug 4.81.2. I am trying to run a backup. It is in a folder with three files within (PS3_GAME, PS3_UPDATE, and PS3_DISC.SFB). I've tried using both Webman and Multiman. I have tried installing on both the internal HDD and an external USB Stick. I have been able to get backups that came in PKGs installed but I haven't had any luck with this yet. I mount it and then launch it and am met with a black screen. I have tried putting another disc in the drive. This is a backup of NIER if that helps. Thanks! Any help is much appreciated.

2. 6,709
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

When in problems you should start trying to boot the game from internal hdd because is more compatible
    You are not telling if the game had some "fix" appyled, that could modify some game files, nowadays this "fixed" files are completly pointless and can be considered corrupt, years ago was needed to resign some game files to make the games run on older firmwares but now is not needed, is better to have the game with the exact same files that exists in the original bluray
    To solve this problem you need to restore the original files
    Or alternativelly you can install an update of the game, because game updates cotains all the "executable" files of the game (the files that was needed to "fix" years ago)
    By installing a game update the PS3 ignores the "fixed" files

Also, there is a way to check integrity of game files to be sure that matches the originals from the retail blueray, this is done by using the IRD file of the game, here is a good database where you can download the IRD file for your game http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/

3. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

first test your blueray drive,if it loads anything.if it doesn't,you need to flash noBD cfw.