Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Blackscreen when loading any backups

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Dru, Dec 17, 2019.

1. 5
    Dru

Dru Forum Noob

So first off, i just want to apologize in advance if i've missed something or doing something wrong here as there is a lot of information to digest as a first time experience.

I have a 3001 slim model and my only options available was HEN. With that said, after successful installation i'm able to download and install homebrew applications no problem. I've downloaded emulators, some apps, backup managers etc and they all seem to run ok with the odd blackscreen loading multiman.

My biggest issue, i'm not sure if loading backups is even possible on hen or not, but so far every backup i try provides a blackscreen with no hdd loading at all..

i've used mutliman, irisman, managunz,
    i've also tried to do the bd mirror and selecting local etc..
    i've used folders and iso's

homebrew apps installed via pkg seem to work np, but just no real ps3 backups...

Any help would be greatly appreciated and once again, sorry in advance if i'm being ignorant and missing something, but i've watched about 2 dozen youtube videos and scoured in here and can't seem to find what i'm looking for.

2. 38
    kenzy

kenzy Member

Are you sure your multiman is working properly. Try downloading the one recommended for 4.85 hfw(hen)

3. 356
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

What are you using to build your ISO's? One thing I'd recommend is just sticking with ONE file manager / backup manager. Having a bunch of different ones installed at the same time has been known to cause problems.

Based on my own testing, I've found multiman to be the best option if you seek stability and only plan to load backups and do simple file management / FTP. Irisman is cool too but not quite as stable on hen as multiman, based on my experience.

I don't know your exact situation but what I'd probably do if I were you is reinstall the HFW, reinstall your HEN version, and then install ONE backup manager. Then try again with loading a backup. You shouldn't be having any problems with that unless you got bad game dumps or built the ISO with something other than PS3 ISO Tools / makeps3iso.

4. 5
    Dru

Dru Forum Noob

Yes, i have tried re installing 3 times actually, and usually i only start with mutliman.... but once i just get the black screens i start experimenting..

so far i've just been using multiman to make an iso, is that where i'm going wrong?

5. 5
    Dru

Dru Forum Noob

i have tried the hen version and the non hen version

6. 3,389
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    No you should be fine making ISO's of games with MultiMAN. Only a very small percentage of games will have issues if made with multiman, its like less than 1% of games really.

Do your game play normaly..? For example they boot and play if you put the game disc your wanting to play in the BD drive..? Like you would do if not using HEN... I would of assumed so as you have been ripping the discs to the HDD with MultiMAN.

Are your discs clean and scratch free? as if not it can cause them not to be copied correctly to the HDD.

Are you using MultiMAN version 4.85.1? This is the latest version and should work fine on HEN.

7. 5
    Dru

Dru Forum Noob

Update guys:

First, i just want to say thank you to everyone who responded.. your messages made sense and made me recheck all steps...

The steps i have taken...

• i have done a factory reset,erasing all harddrive data and system settings
    • I was going to re install hen, but it was already previously installed from the firmware pkg
    • I then re installed the hen release of multiman.
    • SUCCESS.

i was able to copy two of my hard copy ps3 titles and load them successfully with multiman. Thanks guys.

8. 265
    ElGris

ElGris Member

This happened to me the first time I installed HEN. I downloaded some apps like Multiman from a youtuber and almost every one of them gave me blackscreen, I then tried one from the official page, and problem solved.