Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Bought Modded PS3, where's all the hard disk space gone?

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Ninja Hamster, Mar 30, 2019.

1. 2
    Ninja Hamster

Ninja Hamster Forum Noob

Bought a modded PS3 with 500GB space, I deleted every single game and save game off the system.

But I only have 365GB free space out of 465GB. What is using up all the space and how to I wipe it off without affecting the mod? How much space should the operating system use up?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

2. 557
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Install Multiman, enter File Manager, enter dev_hdd0, check around there might be files not visible on the XMB

3. 5,610
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    Just go system settings and format the system, or even restore to defaults, it will not effect files on flash so it will still be modded. You will need to get your apps again.

The system reserves about 10% of the HDD for itself, so that is 50GB gone, also 500GB has only about 465GB usable approx., so you should end up with about 415GB free space I think.

4. 2
    Ninja Hamster

Ninja Hamster Forum Noob

415GB, so there is still around 50GB of files the previous owner has left on it. Multiman is on the system along with a whole host of other mods, installers and themes. Could I just basically delete every mod, theme and installer but leave Multiman? because I want that for file copying.

If I format the system will I need to go online at any point? This is the first PS3 I have owned so I am a total noob and don't want to end up doing something that renders the system unbootable.