PS3 Bought second PS3; Out of Activation Slots, can I do something?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by marsil602, Jan 16, 2020 at 12:50 PM.

1. 27
    marsil602

marsil602 Member

So i'm out of slots because I had my account set up on friends consoles but do not know if either friend still have their console for me to reach out and get them deactivated. My first console I own is a Phat that is running CFW and I just received a SuperSlim at Xmas.

I had the thought/idea that could I possibly backup my act.dat from the cfw console, then deactivate it to free up the slot for the superslim, and then manually place my act.dat file back in the cfw ps3 to re-activate that one?

If that idea won't work, Is there anything I can do? Or do I need to make a choice on which one I have be activated?? Also do I "break" my installed games on the cfw console if I deactivate it?

2. 833
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    I think you can revoke your friends ps3s.

You need to login to Sony website with your PSN login details.
    Then, somewhere within your account, you can deactivate the ps3s you don't have access to.

Once done. Activate your new system and your golden.

EDIT: Also, what you describe with backing up your act.dat, deactivating and then copying back the act.dat.
    This should work. But then you won't be able to get online as then sony will know you are using a copied act.dat (at least that's what I think is the case. I'm no expert in this area I'm afraid)

3. 7,659
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

To do it on PC you would need to "deactivate all", as they will not let you deactivate consoles individually. You can activate whichever consoles you need to afterwards.

Note: You can only do this once on PC every 6 months. I think you might be able to deactivate all on the Playstation phone application once every 6 months too, but not 100% sure on that.

What you said about copying act.dat back will work too.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 2:47 PM
    Yugonibblit and wrx884 like this.
Tags: