VITA / PsTV Brewology Download Store

Discussion in 'General PS VITA Discussion' started by monkeymaximus, Oct 27, 2017.

1. 10
    monkeymaximus

monkeymaximus Forum Noob

[​IMG]

Hey guys! It's been quite a while. I had some bandwidth to help out with so I cloned the PS3 Download Store code and altered it for the PS Vita. I'm sure there are some good sources for DL (like PSX-Place) but figured it might be helpful long term.

I've started adding some Homebrew Apps / Games / Emulators and will be adding extensions shortly. Would love to hear your feedback for ideas, wanted homebrew, etc...

Also, I was going to add an option to download the VPKs as MP4's so people can download directly on their Vita. Is this helpful?

See it here: https://store.brewology.com/vita/

tthousand, kozarovv, thehero_ and 3 others like this.
  2. 12,264
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

what is the difference between a vpk and an mp4? can u install mp4's with vita shell?

3. 263
    GregoryRasputin

GregoryRasputin PlayStationHAX PSX-Place Supporter

I got all excited as i thought this was an actual homebrew for the PS Vita when i first read the title, but it's cool all the same :)

One major suggestion, do NOT use .mp4, instead use QR codes, that way the user will be able to download and install all at the same time, you can see an example here:
    https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/files/file/286-vitaident-v074-henkaku-enso/

I use QRCode Monkey for my QR codes, they are free and you can add logo's, so you could use the Brewology logo in the centre of each homebrew :)

kozarovv likes this.
  4. 10
    monkeymaximus

monkeymaximus Forum Noob

I've read while you can't download VPK's from the PSVita browser, you can download MP4 files. So people were downloading homebrew as MP4's and then renaming them to VPKs for install.

Hopefully one day!

I really appreciate the feedback and information! To think I thought QR codes would never make a comeback. I'll get started on that, I'm sure there are some php / python libraries I can use to automate it :) . Please do lmk if you have any other ideas / feedback!

kozarovv and pinky like this.
  5. 9,043
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Hey good seeing you @monkeymaximus I will help out with this as time allows.. I am busy these days but will contribute what i can to it as well. I assume i should be able to upload no problem like the PS3 side.

Great to see you stop by and add Vita downloads :) . I'll make some news about it to get the word out as well. Here and as well as on one other sites.

kozarovv and monkeymaximus like this.
  6. 12,264
    pinky

I think I remember reading something about that, at least the renaming to vpk part anyway. lol thanks for the information. qr codes could be interesting. how would those be read? does the vita have a built in qr code reader?. the 3ds has a built-in one and u can install homebrew using a qr code with fbi.

7. 9,043
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

VitaShell has the qr reader, basically that is what the vita does.

See a Vitadb download as an example (or i think @GregoryRasputin site(downloads) as well PlayStationhax.xyz )

pinky likes this.
  8. 10
    monkeymaximus

monkeymaximus Forum Noob

Done! Thanks again for the suggestion!

Seriously! It's been waaay too long. Ya, I bet. I wish I had as much free time as back in the day. Awesome, I appreciate the help! I automated parts of it to pull from the developer source where I can so hopefully that should alleviate part of the pain of keeping it up to date and should mostly run itself.

I really appreciate the posts and helping get the word out!

9. 12,264
    pinky

I was unaware of that function. thanks for the info. it's like fbi in that regard.

10. 9,043
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

People always under estimate the importance of that especially that. Especially things with age,

11. 126
    thehero_

thehero_ Member

Home Page:
    @monkeymaximus I can collaborate with brewology.if you want, I can help you :)

12. 263
    GregoryRasputin

Yeah it is one of the most awesome features added to VitaShell :D
    @monkeymaximus your QR codes do not work as they should do, instead of downloading the .vpk to the Vita, it asks to open the URL, even adding your URL to the QR code generator does the same, it should work like this one:
    [​IMG]

That QR code links directly to OneLua's Adrenaline Bubble Manager Github page and when scanned the Vita asks if you want to download the .vpk, not sure why it won't do this on your site.

13. 10
    monkeymaximus

monkeymaximus Forum Noob

Awesome! That sounds great :). I'll send you a PM

Doh! I actually don't have a Vita at the moment so I can't really test any of these. Looking at the code for VitaShell on line #102 of qr.c VitaShell looks for the last part of the URL to be ".vpk". It doesn't looks like it strips URL parameters so I just added a .vpk to the end of the QR URLs and deleted the old set of images. I'm hoping this fixes the issue. Can you let me know if it works now?

I tried to add the Brewology image like you did (it looks awesome!) but something kept getting messed up so I postponed adding that for tomorrow. Thanks again, for all your help and advice!

DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
  14. 263
    GregoryRasputin

It didn't work for me, still asks to open the URL, not sure what you need to do, but if you look at Rinnegatamante's links, none of them have .vpk in the url:
    http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/

DeViL303 likes this.
  15. 7,626
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    STLcardsWS likes this.
  16. 9,043
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

@monkeymaximus , He is a good person and has been very helpful here a true fan of homebrew he is also admin over at Games & Consoles . He would be a good fit for brewology ....

thehero_ likes this.
  17. 10
    monkeymaximus

monkeymaximus Forum Noob

Hmm, it seems they do a 302 redirect to the vpk file so the final url ends in vpk which is what I was trying to do.

Thats really weird. There might be a cache issue. I thought I versioned everything but I'll take another look.

The image I'm seeing is: **removed because of spam alert**

When I decode it the QR code @ **site removed because of spam alert** I get the correct URL of **site removed because of spam alert** . Is that not what you're seeing? Even with the QR code I have? I wonder if there are some limitations with the QR code reader on the Vita I'm not aware of.

@kozarovv - I tried linking a dropbox screenshot of my original post but that didnt work either. I posted the image and links on the Brewology Forums in general chat as the thread "Continued Thread from PSX-Place" if anyone wants to see the links / urls.

@STLcardsWS - any ideas on how to post the picture of the QR code on here? I keep getting a spam error when I try to put up the image or link the QR decoder I use.

Thanks @STLcardsWS! Coming from you thats a HUGE compliment to @thehero_ ! :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    thehero_ likes this.
  18. 9,043
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

FYI "@" mentions will not work on an edited post here (stupid Xenforo default mention system). They work fine but only on original post.

Regarding images, i know @Grimm was doing some forum stuff on the backend, Also was tweaking some stuff to reduce spam. Since your account is new you may be affected with some of the new changes. but I am not 100% on that. Have not spoke to him since he was updating and adding some new stuff...

To make things easier until then. I will give your account mod status that should help if its related to something like that.

19. 9,043
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

20. 10
    monkeymaximus

monkeymaximus Forum Noob

[​IMG]
    Cool! Thanks!

Bah! Thanks for finding that. I missed adding a "/vita/" into those links so they were trying to reference the ps3 stuff. My bad, sorry about that. It's fixed now. Sadly I don't believe it's related to the QR stuff... I'll try and spend more time on that tomorrow.