PS4 Can i jailbreak my Pro on 6.20 now?

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by simonpetrikovooo, Apr 18, 2019.

1. 11
    simonpetrikovooo

simonpetrikovooo Forum Noob

Hello everyone!
    I'm totally new to the PS4 stuff, i just got my Pro for about $350 from Ebay.
    And I want to jailbreak it so I don't have to buy CDs.
    It's on 6.20 system firmware, and I want to know If I can jailbreak my PS4 on that firmware (on Hacking the PS4 thread it says "this still needs a kernel exploit")
    Also, why do they call 'em Fake PKGs?

2. 6,153
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    There are no hacks available now for anything above 5.07 unfortunately. There is a partial exploit for 6.20 but its only the simpler part of a jailbreak really, the kernel exploit is the harder part to find.

I think they are called fake packages because they are fake signed with a fake key. I could be wrong. It could also be because they are not really proper packages at all, and more like ISOs or some other container.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    GSoliz25 and n00b like this.
  3. 100
    Lambada

Lambada Member

As this quote says, your PS4 model wasn't exploited yet, so there's no way to jailbreak it.

So there's no way to use your own game disc backups now.

You will have to stick with your PSN games if you can't use Blu-ray discs.

Good gaming!

PS: I do not own a PS4 yet, I just read this forum.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

n00b and DeViL303 like this.
  4. 1,053
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Short answer: No, there is no Kernel Exploit above 5.05/5.07,but i am sure everyone already mentioned that :)

n00b likes this.
  5. 11
    simonpetrikovooo

simonpetrikovooo Forum Noob

Thanks to everyone!!
    I think I'll just resell that Pro if I have to pay $60 for a one game.
    Waiting for the 6.20.

6. 992
    umart666

umart666 Member

you don't have to,you can easily find even newer releases for dirt cheap secondhand.that prices are online and for digital release only.

7. 1,053
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    If you dont like spending 60$ for a game,which is understandable, considering not all os us have the means to spend 60$ or even more for a brand new title, you can always pick it on second hand for a considerable price, but titles that are rarer or more in demand, you can always expect to fetch a higher price.

Sony also does some great deals, for the PS4 and usualy you find PS3 and PSVITA games digitaly on the cheap, thats if you dont mind Digital Content, but for me as a collector,i only buy physical no matter the cost,but of course i also put my brains into motion when purchasing a rare or in demand title, just for the sake of the wallet, and not getting ripped off :)

Personaly i only exploit a console, for the sake of preservation, and when the console itself isnt supported by the manufacturer,but of course, also for backwards compatibility or physical preservation of my discs,which its more convenient.

And besides PS4 Kernel expolit its not like the PS3 3.55 days, you are limited to a specific firmware title, going up the ladder means updating the console, you cant patch the game like you did in the 3.55 and get away with it, 5.05 Kernel for the PS4 its only targeted at a specific audience,which have more than 1 unit, and always like to have a Kernel Exploited console for the sake of research and development for future firmware releases,but not everyone its a developer :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Infiltraitor and Berion like this.
  8. 538
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

Sooner or later, full exploit for ps4 will be hack available and probably every firmware number will be break in the future you have to wait or play on the original games

9. 5
    Exact0

Exact0 Member

I only have my main ps4. I thought, games are going to kill my wallet. Well I was wrong, flash sales, publisher sales, black Fridays, etc... I am over 400 digital titles and I haven't really spent much. Watching and waiting for the deals is more then worth it

DeViL303 likes this.
  10. 1,053
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Well thats true, although i am not a fan of digital myself,i always grab bargins from PSN during Sales, great games at discount prices, i dont even mind owning a digital game, that i already have in physical, less stain on my Blu-Ray Drive :D

Exact0 likes this.
  11. 5
    Exact0

Exact0 Member

I don't think iv ever used my bLuray drive lol

12. 1,933
    Berion

Berion Developer

I'm a collector too but... today, most of the games have day1 large, due to critical bugs even mandatory patches. This sh*t killed disc publishing almost completely. :( And most horrible example is/are awesome remakes of first and the only great Spyro The Dragon's: on disc is only S:TD, in 50GiB patches are the last two...