PS3 Can you get pass the NOBD update error without a hardware flasher?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Xenon218, Dec 1, 2019.

1. 8
    Xenon218

Xenon218 Forum Noob

Hello? I would first like to thank everyone with the help they gave me, i got the PS3 to read the USB by formating it correctly with the diskpart tool on windows 10, your ps3 needs time to read it but it does eventually. I keep getting stuck at the update loop since my bd is broken. I've checked all the connections and everything seems fine.

I've seen that you can get CFW that bypass the BD check but as far as i've understood your console needs to be already jailbroken. My console was jailbroken but when i put the NOBD CFW on my usb and go to udpate it says that data is corrupted and gives an error code. Am i doing something wrong or?

The version of the PS3 is 3.56 so i should be able to run cfw. I am also doing the update from recovery mode (my hdd is formatted) is there a way i can bypass this check without having a HF(i dont have one) and i were to get one what would be the procedure? I am really sorry i am new to all of this and in dire need of help. Thank you all in advance!

2. 1,807
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    To install CFW directly without Hardware Flasher nor PS3xploit ps3 must be on OFW 3.55 or lower your PS3 said 3.56 so it CFW Compatible but you need first to jailbreak it just put any BlueRay Drive to pass the Error , Do the PS3Xploit,Then remarry your BlueRay Drive ,Finaly install any normal CFW

3. 8
    Xenon218

Xenon218 Forum Noob

Hello, thank you for your reply! I have a spare drive that i know its working but when i connect it i still keep getting the error. I should mention that that BD is a CECHL model (KEM410) while mine is CECHG (KEM400) but i think they are compatible. However i keep getting stuck at 76% everytime. Is there anything that i am doing wrong?

4. 1,807
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    nope you need to have them of same ribbon cable as for CECHG is like BD Drive of A/B/C/E and for L is LIKE K/J/M

CECHG Ribboon cable is Large while CECHL one is small

5. 8
    Xenon218

Xenon218 Forum Noob

So the simplest way is to either repair the current faulty bd drive or get a replacement one that is of KEM400 series? That would be a lot more simple than to get a hardware flasher right? One more question, where can i see bd drive compatibilty and is it not possible AT ALL to use this working drive (being kem401) with my CECHG console?

6. 307
    Luisile

Luisile Member

If the logic board of the drive is faulty you can not repair it only replace.so you need to cfw the console and remary the drive.
    And no you can not use the drive from L model to G model. As the drive in L model is Sata and in G model is Pata ide drive.

Algol likes this.
Tags: