Cannot use ps2 classics emulator.

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by FilippPAOK, Nov 6, 2019.

1. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

Hello, I have a ps3 super slim with 12 gb storage and HEN working, 4.85 HFW. I want to play gran turismo 4 (ps2 game), I bought the disc, got the ISO file from it, then made an ISO.BIN.ENC from it with the help of an app on pc, put it into the ps2iso folder in the hard drive of the ps3, then went into webman games menu, tapped on the game, and when I got the message on the right top of the screen that the game loaded, I launched ps2 classics emulator.

But then my controller disconnected from my ps3 and I got the message on my screen staying "Your saved data is corrupted" and an error code which I do not remember below that message, and I had the option of pressing the O button to go back. I pressed the ps button on my controller so that it reconects, but it didn't work.

I restarted my ps3 from the physical button on the console, it booted normally, no harm done to the system. I just can't get ps2 classics to work. Is there any way to fix that?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2019
  2. 15
    Random7u7

Random7u7 Forum Noob

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  3. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

Ok, I built a .pkg file of the game with the ps2 classics gui on pc. I installed it, tried to run it but then my controller disconnected, I lost signal for a few seconds, then signal returned but there was a black screen with some weird line of dots on the top left of the screen, then lost signal again, then signal returned again and it got me back to the xmb screen showing the message: "An error occurred during the start operation (80028F17)".

I searched online but didn't find much, I tried a lot of things, nothing worked, I even reinstalled HFW and HEN, but the problem insists. I am really pissed off at this point as I wanted to play my old ps2 game, I did everything as pointed in the instructions of the guide on this page but always run up into errors, spent countless hours searching and trying to fix one error but then another error appears... and another one and this loop of problems getting in my way went on and still goes on. I just cannot get it to work and I am afraid that I did all these for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2019
  4. 15
    Random7u7

Random7u7 Forum Noob

When the controller is disconnected and the blacks screen the with dots on top left that's normal it happen to me, ¿are you really sure that you install the rap on reactpsn_usb_exdata folder?

5. 15
    Random7u7

Random7u7 Forum Noob

Also when you quit a psx or ps2 game you have to re-enable hen

6. 107
    Algol

Algol Member

Le HEN ne doit être réactivé qu'avec le lancement des jeux pour PS2 à mon humble avis via "PS2-Classic PlaceHolder". C'est ce que je dois faire avec ma PS3 "CECH-4204C" et mon autre PS3 "CECH-3004B". Les jeux PS1 et PS3 n'ont aucun besoin d'une réactivation du HEN (v3.00 chez moi).

In English via Google-trad :

The HEN must be reactivated only with the launch of PS2 games in my humble opinion via "PS2-Classic PlaceHolder". That's what I have to do with my PS3 "CECH-4204C" and my other PS3 "CECH-3004B". The games PS1 and PS3 do not need a reactivation of HEN (v3.00 at home).

Random7u7 likes this.
  7. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

React psn does not work. When I launch it from aa user the console restarts itself. I read in this forum that on hen I need to put the raps in an exdata folder in usb stick, plug it in the ps3 and hen installs the raps automatically.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2019
  8. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

Btw, I always enable hen before trying to run the game from ps2 classics or from the pkg file.

9. 15
    Random7u7

Random7u7 Forum Noob

Well i never use react, but there's another way to install a rap, is an old method but it sure works. First you need the ps3 activated, then you need act.dat and idps.dex (its different in each ps3 (o a least that i think so) )
    go to this page in your ps3

http://ps3xploit.com/hfw/han/actidps_dumper.html

make sure do you have your usb in the nearest port (/dev_usb000)
    initialize act/idps dumper ->dump act/idps

(the act/idps files will go to your usb)

once you do that download the resigner

https://github.com/PS3Xploit/PS3xploit-resigner/releases/tag/v2.0.0

once that you extract it, place the files in input folder (idps,act & ps2 games's rap)
    open resign_windows.bat, wait until the program finish then go to output folder and install the pkg

10. 19
    TheSureShot

TheSureShot Forum Noob

IT Techy
    Yes resigning a PKG with your ps3's Idps & act id's should work fine, as you're signing the game as a PS2 Classic, you need authenticity for your ps3 as it thinks it's a genuine PSN store download, that's where you're unique Id's come into play, try it out and let us know , I'll try and help where I can :)

11. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

OK, thank you a lot for trying to help, but I can't dump act and idps because exploit initialization always fails. Is there an alternative way to get these files? If not, do I have to install HAN for the exploit to work (because website says it is for HAN) and will HAN work together with HEN?

12. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

It turns out that there is an alternative method to get these files on HEN, I found it with a quick Google search, I will get them, sign the pkg as you said and report the results. This is basically my last hope to play GT4 again, let's hope for it to work.

13. 7,225
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

On hen you can just use FTP or any file manager to get act.dat, idps can be dumped with webMAN Mod or lots of ways.

Anyway you do not ever need to resign pkgs using act.dat and IDPS for HEN. That is an old obsolete method from back in the HAN days.

Where are you at now?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Algol and TheSureShot like this.
  14. 19
    TheSureShot

TheSureShot Forum Noob

IT Techy
    Apologies for not replying, timezones & sleep , if it doesn't succeed, you could always try resigning another game, say GT3 for an example this will point out if it's something to do with the PKG , I.E bad hashes/ encryption during the resign or the iso is a bad rip, but I cant see that happening, I'm betting it should be pretty smooth now that you have your id's sorted.

P.s I feel you with the GT4 nostalgia! Running a fully tuned R32 on Nürbüring , those were the days hopefully soon I'll be enjoying my PS2 collection again, if you want a bulletproof way to run backwards compatible hardware, I reccomed going for a 60gb model, CECHC03, just needs care and attention now and then like any other machine, but totally worth it I've had two so far alas, years apart from one another but definitely the best way to play PS2 games in upscaled 1080p with AF & MSAA

Algol likes this.
  15. 19
    TheSureShot

TheSureShot Forum Noob

IT Techy
    It is an old method , but a good method to get games working as a side note @FilippPAOK , what model is your super slim?

DeViL303 likes this.
  16. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

It didn't work. Same thing happened as before (error 80028F17).

17. 7,619
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    You need to use ps2 classic GUI version 2.2.2 or newer for that game

18. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

I don't remember lol. No need to apologize for not replying, the fact that you try to help me makes me grateful.

TheSureShot and DeViL303 like this.
  19. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

I used ps2 classics 2.1.
    I will install 2.2.2 now and try again. Thanks for the reply.

20. 19
    TheSureShot

TheSureShot Forum Noob

IT Techy
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :)
    @kozarovv is there a compatibility list for HEN ps2 titles?