Cannot use ps2 classics emulator.

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by FilippPAOK, Nov 6, 2019.

1. 7,621
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Algol and TheSureShot like this.
  2. 19
    TheSureShot

TheSureShot Forum Noob

IT Techy
  3. 15
    Random7u7

Random7u7 Forum Noob

Dude i totally forget you have to resign the pkg of the ps2 game too, i'm sorry xd
    tell me if that worked

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  4. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

Thanks guys. I finally got it to run. But the problem is that it crashes all the time, pretty much unplayable, even though the compatibility list says "minor issues". If you know a way to fix the crashes, please tell me. I put the required config file when the ps2 classics asked for it when I was making it the pkg. Again, big thanks to anyone who supported me.

Random7u7 and DeViL303 like this.
  5. 15
    Random7u7

Random7u7 Forum Noob

I'm glad that finally works. And about the but the crashing i'm pretty blank, try to download the game in another site

6. 328
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I've tested a few games that were listed as playable or with "minor issues" on the compatibility list. In reality a few of them turned out to be unplayable due to freezes or texture problems. I take that list with a grain of salt myself, though it's mostly accurate. If you can't find a config that's already been made for the game, chances are there's nothing you can do to get it working. There's a program to create your own configs, but that seems to be experimental. Trial and error until you get a config that solves whatever problems I guess.

7. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

Alright, looks like the game no longer crashes after a few restarts (I have no idea why). It is working fine now, maybe it wasn't feeling comfortable in its new environment and wanted time to adjust (?) lol.

8. 328
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Could just be luck. If it had a config though maybe it was something else causing it to crash, though I've no clue what. There was a game I was playing "Spyro Enter the Dragonfly" that was listed as "playable" on the wiki. However, I don't think the person who originally tested actually did much other than play the intro. The game randomly freezes, sometimes you can clear out a few worlds but it will freeze at some point. Could be 30 mins after playing, maybe an hour, sometimes just 5 minutes in some worlds. That was the one game that I really wanted to love when I was a kid, but because the ps2 version sucked I could never enjoy it lol. Never had a gamecube, wish I did sometimes lol.

9. 14
    FilippPAOK

FilippPAOK Member

Maybe we should send them some feedback about the games we try to play and don't work, so they update that list. When someone wants to play a ps2 game on ps3 and sees the game on the list as "playable", they will go through a lot of trouble trying to make it work and if it doesn't work then they wasted their time, something that could be avoided if the list was accurate. If my pc wasn't a potato I would emulate my ps2 games there, something much easier to do than hacking the ps3 etc. I was really close buying a ps2 again, especially when the game wasn't working and I didn't know how to fix it, I made this thread hoping someone will help and thankfully a lot of people shared their knowledge and helped me make it work.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019