Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

can't dump eid_root_key on CECH-4004C

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by infdrs, Jun 6, 2020.

1. 3
    infdrs

infdrs Forum Noob

I'm a newbie to the PS3Jailbreaking, anyways

I'm trying to make my PC read my PS3's repalced 50Gb (NOT 500Gb Original One broken) HDD, I guess I"ll have to dump the eid_root_key, okay I probably need the "Rebug" CFW on my PS3 as the "Rebug-toolbox latest version" is not dumping the eid_root_key, it's been on a black screen for over an hour and nothing is happeping.

okay now my questions:
    - Can I "install" the Rebug LITE.PUP on my PS3?
    - if NO how can I dump the eid_root_key?
    - OR is there anyway to make my Windows 10 64 bit (OR Linux Mint 19.3 32 bit) PC read my SuperSlim PS3 HDD?
    - Is there a way to copy from the PS3 HDD to and External 500 GB NTFS formatted HDD? (MultiMan seems to not giving me priviliges to copy from PS3 HDD to External HDD)

PS3: Information:
    PS3
    :SuperSlim
    Model: CECH-4004C..
    System Version: 4.85.

Installed Software:
    PS3HEN:
    Version 3.0.1
    WebManMod 1.47.28
    MultiMan: mmCM 4.85.01
    IRISMAN v4.86.2
    Rebug ToolBox : Version 2.02
    PrepNTFS : Version 1.26

2. 1,405
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Dumping the eid root key isn't possible on that ps3 model.
    You could use FTP to transfer data to and from the ps3s hdd to your PC.

Also, Rebug Toolbox isn't meant for HEN. It's meant for rebug CFW, something that's not possible on your ps3 model.

3. 380
    ElGris

ElGris Member

Why are you needing that file in the first place? That super slim only works with HFW, nothing else, so forget about using rebug, at all.

4. 8,001
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

If I understand correctly, your goal is to read a ps3 HDD which is UFS formatted & encrypted, in other words, you are looking for the decryption key ie eid_root_key.

The only existing jailbreak for your ps3 console model is HEN, which is a partial jailbreak WHEREAS to get the eid_root_key from the system with existing dumping tools available to the public you need a full jailbreak.

In the current situation, no amount of software will help you, multiman, Rebug Toolbox etc.. None have the means to increase the level of jailbreak offered by HEN to the level required to get the eid_root_key with existing eid_root_key dumping tools.

You will only be able to dump your eid_root_key the day a more powerful ps3 jailbreak solution comes out OR if a dev finds a way to obtain the eid_root_key with only a partial jailbreak, the former being more likely than the latter imho, if only because few skilled ppl are working on such things & it makes more sense to invest time on a full jailbreak than on ways to get eid_root_key.