PS3 CECHA00 60gb PS3 Shuts off in only one game, YLOD style.

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by SeanRanklin, Sep 26, 2018.

1. 445
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

I am not saying that the NECs its was causes the freezing or shutdown in TT2 mate, NEC problem its a whole different topic.

Remember GT6? That game had a lot of issues specifically on the 60Gb,which would shutdown after 5 to 7 min of gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. 207
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, Cypher Elite Gaming
    If I remember rightly it was a pain in backside game full stop when it was released. Another game that I think had a memory leak issue, as well as various other issues. Not a fan of this GT, GT5 Academy Edition was a much better and more stable game.

3. 110
    SeanRanklin

SeanRanklin Member

Interesting read, indeed. I was always leaning away from the NEC's because it only occurs during the gameplay fight sequences in this one game. I am pretty sure I rebuilt the data base a while ago, but nothing changed. However i noticed there is an additional step to be performed in safe mode which i did not do. I will have to follow that post's instructions and try again. I am worried a little that it might mess up my CFW settings, can it do this?

Also yea, i am using the latest patch data, also have tried without the patch installed and the same thing happens. I still dont know how i can run games like uncharted and GTA V for hours, and never have temps going above 68 (however on hot days, the fans spin up to 45% at times just to keep the temperatures stable, which i dont really like so i try to limit my playtime), yet i cant even get one match sometimes completed in Tekken before shutdown.

Strange thing is, i have access to a super slim and a regular slim - no shutdowns ever on these systems.

4. 207
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

That was the post that confirmed what I thought, that in all probability it wasn't the NECs in your case, ( But can't be 100% sure about this maybe 75% lol ) as your PS3 would behave much like how NakedSnake1995 described his was. At times I don't mind trolling through the internet looking for solutions for peoples problems if I don't have a solution myself, and this problem has been around since the game was released and happens not only on PS3 but X-Box 360 versions of the game so there is loads out there on it if you look in the right places.

I have 2 Slims, CECH2003A's both of them, and a SuperSlim CECH4003A and no game has ever shut them down and my Slims use NECs, on the jailbroken slims it has been my own fault when modding if they shut down or entered safe mode as I do love to mess about with the graphics of games.

[email protected] corrected the mistakes they made with the launch models with these models. The SuperSlim I have is near indestructible, it has seen some serious abuse in gaming and the only thing to fail has been the Bluetooth and that was my own fault as I didn't replace the thermal paste quickly enough and the heat killed the Bluetooth.

Doing the above steps definitely won't mess with saves but the rebuild database may reset some CFW's settings to default.

5. 110
    Vishera

Vishera Member

I have a Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition disk,
    The game always shutdown in the replay after a match.
    If i am quick enough i can skip the replay.
    So far that's the only instance of sudden shutdown i get.
    It's unclear to me what causes it,is it hardware?,is it the the disc?,is it the software?
    There are too many variables at play here.

I am worried about it but so far my system is in a OK condition.

6. 207
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Found this post in about five minutes flat, not exactly the same as your problem but the same in the respect that its to do with the older model PS3s and the cause seems to be the game updates for the older models.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/serious-problem.240998/

@SeanRanklin this post made me think have you tried Tekken Tag 2 without the game updates? Just the way it comes out of the box?

7. 110
    Vishera

Vishera Member

Thanks,i will try it.
    I will also try a different disk if it doesn't work,
    I will probably borrow the disk from a friend :D

8. 445
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

I just bought another 60GB CECHC to test it, unfortunately, the previous owner or whom ever repaired the console, tight the bolts too hard into the heatsink, by the time i wanted to delid the RSX and replace the CELL, it bent the cooper heatpipes, and broke the bolt holding the RSX against the Heatsink.

And now i have to get another heatsink, which will be a pain in the arse to find it cheap. :D

9. 110
    SeanRanklin

SeanRanklin Member

@cypher

Yeah, I have tried it with no updates. Still same issue persists. In game, actual gameplay will cause a shut down.

I think initially the thought of doing a rebuild data base scared me away from trying that fix in case it screws up my webman fan control and since I’m using the first model fatty, I’m super paranoid that any time spend with the unit powered on without fan control might kill my system, so I’ve refrained from trying it. Maybe I’ll give it a go if I feel risky enough one day :)

@naked snake
    Dude, you have to stop buying these 60gbs mate!

10. 207
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

You got to take risks at some point if you want to attempt to fix it. Personally I would make sure that you have everything you need to set up your PS3 in the package folder on the HDD just in case.

The first thing I do on my slims is reinstall webMAN and enable the fan control. should take no longer than 5mins to do so the risk is at the low-ish end. You could try putting a bag of something frozen on top of the the PS3 while doing it, that would keep it cool lol

@Naked_Snake1995 I have to agree with @SeanRanklin on this one. Stop buying these vintage collectors items lol and get yourself a CECH20*** model ps3

11. 445
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

I already have,and this 60GB i bought,wasnt to add to my collection,but rather to test it,was cheap anyways,now its going to the future owner for parts or repair which i really dont care much :D

The fun part its after deliding the RSX ive noticed that the core was shinning silver,but the console sufferd from YLOD, at least a hairdryer blow got it working again (and i know a hairdryer wont fix anything,as well as reballing, a full chip replacement its needed,but i just wanted to see how far i can get).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12. 207
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Sometimes things can look OK form the outside but there could be damage to the internal pathways. I've never delided any of the CELLS and RSX's on my consoles just thermal paste replacement but I think both my Slims could do with a full replacement of everything to do with them. And the Super Silm has no IHS on the RSX :D not even a HS, just a copper cooling tube to the central chip of the RXS. Only the CELL use's the a HS.o_O

Just don't have time atm to be doing this delicate work.o_O:D