CFW TO OFW, Help

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by MikixITz, Feb 24, 2019.

1. 4
    MikixITz

MikixITz Forum Noob

hi guys, english its not my main language, so im sorry so much for my bad English!

I want update to 4.84(the last update for now)
    From my Cfw 4.82 (Cex, Cobra, i do with ps3xploit and Han exploit on 4.82) for play online 100% safe ban and play my original game bd, and sync my trophy 100% legit(i never use hack for this things), now I play on Ps4 definitely.

Can i update my ps3 to ofw without formatting Hdd and go online 100% safe? I dont want lose all my savedata and trophies

I can manually delete all data of cfw (like game backup, all homebrew etc) and install ofw twice times?

Another information, i buy this ps3 from my friend, and when i install cfw from ofw and open multiman i see in game section , 3 games(like red dead etc)
    And i ask my friend why?
    And tell me have do a jailbreak 4 years ago, and update without formatting, and stay this game on hdd without ban or some problems
    So I think its possibile stay safe, without formatt hdd?

Sorry again, I know my English suck asf.
    I hope can respond my questions. :)

2. 2,821
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    If you already on 4.82 CFW then just download the 4.84 CFW you want to and install via USB like normal and you should be fine.

Installing a FW update won't reformat the HDD. Installing the OFW over CFW will remove the jailbreak from the PS3, not sure if any trace of it is left behind though ie in the system history log file.

This I think was risky, no one knows the methods [email protected] uses to detect hacked PS3's. Installing OFW over CFW without removing the homebrew is a bit risky as well and the stuff is still on the HDD but some people are lucky and get away with all sorts and other are not so lucky.

If i was to remove the jailbreak from one of my PS's I would format the HDD to remove all traces of homebrew from it to be a bit safer.

3. 1,552
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    just do remove History,Data... using PSninja then deconnect from network and do a Factory Rest to the PS3 then install ofw twice to fix both ros and done you will have 100% OFW PS3 With no risk of course if you don't have friend who give money with their mods or something like that and don't use hexed SaveData [email protected] can ban for simple things

4. 2,821
    Cypher_CG89

PSNinja is obsolete and does not work the same way as others, and should not be used anymore. You can use the custom firmware settings on the XMB and wipe the history that way.

5. 4
    MikixITz

MikixITz Forum Noob

If i remove all game backup, unistall multiman and all homebrew, delete syscall with webman remove History data using Sen enabler,And hide data i select ofw(always in Sen enabler) and i update on Ofw from Xmb and again reinstall ofw in safe mode (usb)
    Without format HDD its possibile see the safe way to sing in on psn without ban?

Because i want do this,
    I want go to Ofw without lose all
    Thanks again for the answer

6. 4
    MikixITz

MikixITz Forum Noob

I never use hack or savegame hack in game
    Never

7. 2,821
    Cypher_CG89

If you delete all the homebrew, all the game backups and stuff then delete the history, then install OFW from the XMB or recovery menu. You should be OK.

MikixITz likes this.
  8. 4
    MikixITz

MikixITz Forum Noob

Ok, so i do this.
    Thanks so much for the help :)

9. 1
    bigbigkey

bigbigkey Forum Noob

r_CG89, post: 160211, member: 39679"]If you already on 4.82 CFW then just download the 4.84 CFW you want to and install via USB like normal and you should be fine.

Installing a FW update won't reformat the HDD. Installing the OFW over CFW will remove the jailbreak from the PS3, not sure if any trace of it is left behind though ie in the system history log file.

This I think was risky, no one knows the methods [email protected] uses to detect hacked PS3's. Installing OFW over CFW without removing the homebrew is a bit risky as well and the stuff is still on the HDD but some people are lucky and get away with all sorts and other are not so lucky.

If i was to remove the jailbreak from one of my PS's I would format the HDD to remove all traces of homebrew from it to be a bit safer.[/QUOTE]

i have a question
    i have 2 hdd,one larger to homebrew and CFW to play games allways offline, and the other completely original,do i have to reright the original nor flash back in the the console every time i go to the original.
    and do i have to "jailbreak" the console everytime i go to the CFW HDD
    my corrent status is the console and hdd completely original, and i want to know if there is some interference between the two hdd´s and the psn on the original.anyone can help,i will be greatfull.