PS3 CFW Toolbox v1.00 - Testers Wanted

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by DeViL303, Mar 31, 2019.

1. 6,684
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Looking for testers for my new XMB mod.

Here is CFW Toolbox v1.00 - DOWNLOAD

Recommended for more advanced users at this stage.

So far it is only tested on Rebug 4.82 and 4.84 and overflow 4.84, but it should be ok other recent firmwares for the most part but no promises.

Here is a video of a earlier version if you have no idea what it is:

CFW Toolbox combines the work of almost everyone involved in the whole PS3 scene over the years.
    There are literally too many names to list them all. If I have left someone out I am sorry.

Credits To:
    Aldostools, Andreus, Alexander, Bguerville, Berion, Bitsbubba, BobbyDowngrades, blackb0x, CFWprophet, Cyberskunk, Deank, Comgenie, DeViL303, esc0rtd3w, Estwald, Evilnat, Evilsperm, Flatz, GregoryRasputin, Habib, Haru, Joonie, Kozarovv, KW, Lord3490, lmn, littlebalup, NewFile, Mysis, N00bZilla, 0_obeWAn, Orion, Pink1, Pinky, Phil, Rogero, Sandungas, ShaolinAssassin, STLcardsWS, Swap0ne, D_Skywalk, TwinAphex, Zar and to all the other
    Homebrew, Coldboot, Wave, Theme, Wallapaper, Font, Mods, plugin creators, developers, researchers, Hackers, modders etc.

Extra special thanks to
    Aldostools (wMM, Brewology etc), Bguerville (PS3xploit and the extended xai plugin etc), Berion (Design, info etc)
    Habib (Cobra and Rebug etc), Joonie (Cobra and Rebug etc), Kozarovv (testing and installer) Sandungas (info etc) and STLcardsWS (PSX-Place etc), and the anonymous contributers, you know who you are.​

Everything should be easy enough to figure out, any questions let me know.

Install process is 3 steps with instructions on the XMB, basically consists of:
    • Installing the package
    • Run installer
    • Reboot and rebuild database
    It should be impossible to mess up the install, but I'm willing to be proven wrong :)

Im not giving out too much info on purpose, as i want to see what questions or issues arise, nobody reads the release notes anyway :)

Disclaimer: This is new, so be prepared to have to format or reinstall CFW in worst case scenario, Im not saying that will happen, and it has not happened to me, but just in case be prepared for that, backup your important stuff before trying this. There is quite a lot going on in this, So i expect there will be some bugs, or some unexpected things arise. You have been warned, Do not try this if you are not ok with the risks.

Note: On install this will install some applications and patch all your category .xmls , so it will wipe out existing xml mods. Do not use this if you are not ok with that.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      78.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      111.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      69.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      86.7 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      62.2 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      125.3 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      67.5 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      80.8 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      123.2 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      57.3 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      54 KB
      Views:
    • 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      File size:
      76.7 KB
      Views:
    • 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      56.6 KB
      Views:
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      55.8 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      75.6 KB
      Views:
    • 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      59.7 KB
      Views:
    • 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      69.9 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      60.8 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      60.3 KB
      Views:
    • 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      89 KB
      Views:
    • 24.jpg
      24.jpg
      File size:
      82.2 KB
      Views:
    • 25.jpg
      25.jpg
      File size:
      80.4 KB
      Views:
    • 26.jpg
      26.jpg
      File size:
      70.8 KB
      Views:
    • 27.jpg
      27.jpg
      File size:
      74.9 KB
      Views:
    • 28.jpg
      28.jpg
      File size:
      92.8 KB
      Views:
    • 29.jpg
      29.jpg
      File size:
      78.8 KB
      Views:
    • 30.jpg
      30.jpg
      File size:
      118.3 KB
      Views:
    • 31.jpg
      31.jpg
      File size:
      123.3 KB
      Views:
    • 32.jpg
      32.jpg
      File size:
      118.8 KB
      Views:
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      File size:
      69.8 KB
      Views:
    • 34.jpg
      34.jpg
      File size:
      79.5 KB
      Views:
    • 35.jpg
      35.jpg
      File size:
      101.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  2. 22
    Galooko

Galooko Member

Great work :) But i dont like it that much because its in the Game section. is there a way that the settings are in the Internet Location on XMB?

How can i uninstall it ? :beguiled:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  3. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    delete the game data from game data utility then reboot.

If you want to fully remove all trace then you will need to reinstall CFW and then remove the built in applications individually by pressing triangle and then selecting delete on each one.

Note: If you remove it and you have not got package manager enabled, then you will have no way to install packages.

I recommend installing CFW again if you want to remove this XMB mod.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    n00b and Galooko like this.
  4. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    There seems to be an issue with some packages not installing via the built in package downloader. I will check it out.

n00b likes this.
  5. 702
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    I'll be happy to test this out man :D

DeViL303 and n00b like this.
  6. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Thanks, So far there is an issue reported with some packages giving a 80010006 error after downloading, So don't worry about the package downloader for now.

Note: The best way to get rid of this after testing (if you want to) is to reinstall CFW then remove the built in applications individually.

n00b and ISAK.M like this.
  7. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Only just seen this.

Not sure what you mean by "is there a way that the settings are in the Internet Location on XMB"?

If you mean move it to some other category on the XMB, if you can edit xmbml you can move it easily :)

Personally i have no interest in putting random stuff into the network category on my XMB so i wont be moving it.

n00b and Galooko like this.
  8. 3,089
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

I just installed this, what a massive amount of tools included. Nice one, Not sure if I have time to test all of them.

While running this homebrew, I get spinning icon when pressing PS button

upload_2019-4-1_16-4-1.png

@DeViL303

STLcardsWS and DeViL303 like this.
  9. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Thanks for testing, The built in apps should all work like normal versions. I just changed the content IDs so they wont clash with existing installs, and changed icons so they blend into xmb more.

I will look into that with ingame xmb. thanks.

STLcardsWS, n00b and Joonie like this.
  10. 3,089
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

also changing IDPS throws a 800 error, is any text file expected from usb or sth?

DeViL303 likes this.
  11. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    it should just boot idpset 0.89, but seems there is something wrong there on mine too, nice one, will check it out. its possible some apps dont like being ran from different location, or maybe i just messed up something :)

n00b and Joonie like this.
  12. 3,089
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

@DeViL303 deleting this toolbox is kinda nightmare. >_<

DeViL303 likes this.
  13. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Yeah, sorry about that, reinstall CFW, then delete 20 apps manually is "official" way now. Or format system lol.

You can also delete apps from dev_hdd0/game and rebuild database, you know that of course, but just for anyone else reading. :)

n00b likes this.
  14. 3,089
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

nah I deleted folders inside dev_hdd0/game and rebuilt database

DeViL303 likes this.
  15. 3,172
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

@DeViL303 Last night I was testing your new CFW Toolbox 1.0 build 21
    First, I need to say that it's really awesome what you have achieved with this tool. The amount of work in it is impressive!!

Here are my comments:
    1-The most annoying part of this tool was the forced rebuilding of the database.
    My suggestion is that you offer the option to install a "lite" edition that don't require it and a "full" that do it.

2-The clear look of the Network column is very nice. However it interfere with auto-reload XMB in webMAN MOD.
    That feature requires the RELOADXMB installed and the icon should be the first icon in the CB applications.
    I'm attaching the category_network.xml modified that lists Reload XMB and works with webMAN MOD.

3-IMO The Power Options should be moved the Users column like you do with "CFW Power Options 1.05"
    Indeed I had to reinstall it after the installation of CFW Toolbox 1.0 build 21
    (I think the option: Firmware Settings > Toggle Power Options needs to be reviewed if you make this change)

4-The default Pa.ckage Manager is gone too. I see you have a section Package Manager Pro, but it breaks another feature of webMAN MOD that goes automatically to Pa.ckage Manager when a PKG ISO is installed from NTFS device.

This change is also inconvenient because Package Manager is a feature that is used frequently. Having it under XMB Manager Plus adds one or two extra steps.

IMO The Package Manager Pro should be the first or one of the first options. My suggestion is that move the Package Manager Pro to the place where the original Package Manager is located, and add an option to move inside CFW Toolbox (or the other way).

For "Standard Package Location" you can change the info to "Press /\ for Install All Packages in the root of /dev_usb00*"

The Reload XMB appears in 3 places (Power Options in Users, Power Options in CFW Tools and above Credits).
    If you add the category_network.xml that I propose, you will have it in 4 places...
    Isn't it too much? IMO we need it only once in Network Column and maybe under Power Options in Users column.

In Firmware Settings menu you can add Toggle /dev_hdd1 ;)

I didn't find the option "Toggle DLNA" that is available in "Custom Firmware Tools" menu of XMB Manager Plus.

In webMAN MOD Settings you can add "Uninstall webMAN MOD"

If I have more suggestion I will let you know :-p

STLcardsWS and DeViL303 like this.
  16. 73
    Fanhais

Fanhais Member

is possible make fan control like in the video of cfwtoolbox show ? and stay from the boot when xmb show up i use webman but like if possible use some other tool which control the fan from the start without need go to app.
    the webman is good tool for the fan but i like the steps of fan control of fan monitor don't make some noise like webman

DeViL303 likes this.
  17. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Thanks for trying it, really that is cool. Thank you for the suggestions too. Really appreciated.

Yeah, you are right. I have a few solutions for that. I can include the modified packages in dev_hdd0/game/CFWTOOLBX/ , with dedicated section pointing to it called "Toolbox Addons" or something like that. The size will be the same so not much different, and it makes all the apps optional. If you want them all then its hassle installing 20 packages but it could be worse.

I could have a mini XMBPD built in just for addons, so they are not part of initial download.

Also could have full and light like you say.

Can fix that. This was out before you started using that function. So this will need to be updated to add stuff like that back. I can leave CB apps untouched in the final version and just work with HM and SF.

Well, you kind of have the best of both worlds now, you can install the power options to the user category if you want from firmware setting menu, and then toggle them off in the toolbox menu, or have both showing if you wish. Or am I misunderstanding? I could make the user category default instead of the toolbox if that's what you mean.

Again, you have the best of both worlds here, you can enable package manager in the game category (Rebug settings) and disable the package manager pro, or have both enabled. I could make it so the standard one is enabled by default though, its just i know people will complain of duplication then, but you can never win so its all the one, so i will enable it by default. :)

I can change order easily alright, i just had it alphabetical, apart from power options which I put at the top. Not sure why, I think because I was rebooting so often in testing. :)

Good idea.
    Yeah, when this came out this was the only thing that had a reload item, now with it popping up in other places its not required in this anymore. :)

Oh yeah, I left that out, as it was commented out in rebug for some reason, and i was not sure why, I can add it back if its working ok. Nice one.

Cool yeah, might put that in webmans extended menu as it relies on webman. I had planned on doing a massive advanced webman xmb menu, with every web command possible added, so it will make it in there most likely.

Cool, yeah will add that too.

You mean this:
    upload_2019-4-20_0-48-38.png

Yeah, me and kozarovv and had those apps set up, that used a syscall to set fan speed to 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. I nicknamed them syscall packages. There was an issue though, they would only work with webman installed. And even then for me, webman seemed to keep taking over and over riding the set fan speed. So I removed them, would have been nice to have universal pkg that would set the fan speed on on any CFW regardless of plugins.

Anyway, as it relied on webman, there is a better way. I can add icons that use web commands to set the fan speed directly, automatic temp settings, and manual speeds. So that is something that will be in webmans extended menu. I have not even started work on that yet. though.

Got distracted by downloads and other stuff.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  18. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    I was thinking of discontinuing this project tbh, it has not had much interest. I think users might prefer all the items from this as individual mods rather than an all in one mod, so that is one solution I am considering.

I've already started breaking it up really with the CFW Power Options mod, Might release a Package Manager Pro mod too, and a Visual customization XMB item that includes all the coldboots, waves, fonts, wallpapers and themes.

Then there is the Package Downloader (aka XMBPD) which I can never get finished. Every time I think I am close, a few new homebrews come out and make it outdated again. :)

Then a Rebug settings item, I suppose this could be a upgraded CFW Settings, then there is a extended wMM mod menu too.

I might just include all these items in my Rebug REX 303 CFW MOD too, lots of possibilities, but I'm not sure anymore if CFW Toolbox will ever see a v1.01 tbh.

aldostools, Algol, n00b and 1 other person like this.
  19. 1,338
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

TBH...webman fan control is probably the most tweaked, reliable fan control i've seen thus far.
    You can kind of mitigate the louder noises by increasing the min fan speed, but that raises the overall noise of the fan slightly.
    By doing this, it takes longer for the unit to heat up, normally substantially longer if your cooling is working properly.
    As it gets to the target temp (usually somewhere set between 65-70) the fan speed will increase.
    I usually have mine set at a min of 30-35% just to be on the safe side. More if it's having IHS issues.

20. 73
    Fanhais

Fanhais Member

my 60gb have normally temp of 53/54 on CPU and 55/56 with 35% 40% of fan with webman but i like the way of the steps of fan monitor.
    I know webman is better for an example if we put 56ºc of max the webman will control the fan to have less temperature than 56º would be nice have in background of CFW when we turn on the ps3 something control the fan withou webman but is good the apps we have now webman do an excellent job