PS3 Classic Playstation Store from 2008 restore

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by vr6cer, Oct 16, 2018.

1. 72
    vr6cer

vr6cer Member

Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to restore the classic, old PS Store from 2008 for Ps3 CFW? With No PSN access? I really loved this design and I miss the simplicity and fluid operation of this classic Ps Store. Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. 1,445
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Why would you want the store without PSN access? I don't think you could buy anything if you weren't logged in.

3. 72
    vr6cer

vr6cer Member

Just for nostalgia, and demos basically. I know, it's sound stupid, but I am interested in a solution.

pink1 likes this.
  4. 1,445
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

The No PSN part just confused me & I had to ask :playful:

5. 72
    vr6cer

vr6cer Member

Because my ps3 is on cfw and I would like to modify the system like this, I do not wan't to create a psn account or use my own to risk a console ban.

6. 280
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) Chillin like a Krillin
    Home Page:
    I could be wrong but I think you need to be signed into PSN to use the store. Regardless, you won't have access to the newer demos.

A theme for the newer store would be better, but I don't think the store can be themed naturally so somebody would have to edit the app. I had a look on google but if there are any themes for the store out there, they seem to be overshadowed by search results for themes ON the store lol. Good luck

This is my first reply here on anothers thread, I'm gonna try to help out more around here :) lord knows I have received enough help here

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    vr6cer likes this.
  7. 280
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) Chillin like a Krillin
    Home Page:
    You know something just occurred to me, why are you trying to avoid a console bann on a console you intend to use without PSN? Even a banned console can continue to access the internet, you will only lose PSN access if you get banned, and if you delete your old account and make a new one then you won't risk your original account getting banned either. In other words, you are avoiding using PSN to avoid losing PSN? That doesn't make any sense lol, unless you intend to sell the console, or go back to OFW someday. Your as good as banned if you use the console without PSN. There are steps you can take to help keep your console from getting banned, or even to unbann your console. Let me know if you would like any help with that.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018