PS3HEN Closing Internet browser gets me stuck to "going back to xmb" screen?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by TheArcuzHunter, Jun 13, 2019.

1. 82
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

I have latest HEN/HAN/HFW installed, every time I close the browser it permanently gets me stuck on the background theme waves of the ps3. It doesnt freeze because I can press the PS button and it shows on the top right the "denied" symbol, and holding it down shows "Turn off console" and "turn off controller" options. Is there a way to unstuck it when I get here or prevent it?

2. 302
    imkira3

imkira3 Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) Chillin like a Krillin
    Home Page:
    Well actually that is an official issue, nothing to do with HEN. You see, the PS3 web browser is based on extremely old tech, I hear it's based off of netscape 5, one of the most ancient web browsers. I don't remember where or when so don't quote me on that. As it turns out, it doesn't do very well with javascript, sometimes it can freeze the console for minutes until it fucks off and times the javascript out without accomplishing anything except freezing your console for several minutes. You can't even close the browser until it times out! It's my least favourite part of owning a PS3. If you got HEN you should see if it's possible to get Firefox running through linux or something.

Turning off javascript helps, but breaks many web pages.

TheArcuzHunter likes this.
  3. 82
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Thank you for the very interesting info! Sad to hear that the PS3 is SUPER old... Thank you anyway!!