CoD Online - active playerbase & jailbreak check?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Fateeguez, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:25 AM.

1. 1
    Fateeguez

Fateeguez Forum Noob

Hello!

I've done some Googling for answers on this topic, but what I could find seemed vague or outdated - so, apologies for popping up with a new thread about it...

I've bought an old PS3 Slim and jailbroken it to run CFW 4.85 (Cobra?), plus replaced the stock hard drive with a bigger one. The point of jailbreaking has been to be able to rip games off disc and keep them all on hard drive for convenience - no interest in pirating, as secondhand PS3 games are so cheap from CEX anyway. Plus faster load times and being able to use an Xbox controller with the PS3Xpad plugin.

I want to buy one of the old CODs for some online multiplayer with my brother, but have read that these are the riskiest games for getting banned as they scan the PS3 drive for any sign of homebrew. I have PSN Patch but not sure if it would protect from that even if I disabled CFW and spoofed IDPS before launching the disc. Is it worth uninstalling other homebrew firmware, or manually digging into the hard drive folders using multiman? Is there a way to keep OFW on the original PS3 hard drive that I removed, or would I need to fiddle with the flash every time I swap drives? I'm not especially techy with this sort of thing...

I've also read that replacing the COD eboot prevents it from running this scan, but it seems like more risk to burn the disc to HDD and replace files, rather than just using the legally purchased disc. Is that not the case?

Also, which of the PS3 COD games has the most active online servers? Preferably without too many modders/hackers, but beggars can't be choosers! If I can find matches in a reasonable amount of time, without my PS3 getting banned, I'll be happy as anything.

Sorry once again for revisiting a topic that might have been covered before, as well as the length of the post. Any advice is much appreciated!

2. 24
    wishing4thesun

wishing4thesun Forum Noob

Black Ops 1 isn't too bad, everything else is either dead or hacked to hell.